IL's Axis and Allies Global 1939 and 1942 files

• no its vichy. The allies had to invade it and fight the french, so its not really free french either.

Also, in Finland they should control Viipiri at start and make a rule that if they lose the war, they cede it to the Soviets as a prize. I don’t want Finland getting wiped out before Summer 1941.

Semi neutral Russia must have restrictions on the manner of how it can violate neutrals before Germany attacks.

Will the new roundels be placed under the infantry units?

yea so need for special units. Tokens indicate airborne, marines, waffen SS , etc.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

What type of neutral is Mongolia?

I love the map, I cannot wait to set up the game to see what it looks like!

@Imperious:

Token (roundel) sets:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3zaijttfvmj
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ricdjmn2qmi
    http://www.mediafire.com/?550mjmxdc3y
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vim4w2ejnmm

Rulebook ( in nice format):

Link to Rulebook?

I think some of the non round roundels will have to be smaller to fit on a 3/4" round label.
    I can check and let you know the sizes I used if you want me to, it will probably be Tuesday though.
    Again, thanks

• The rules are not done yet. Almost.

The roundels are deliberately at .75 so they format to those Avery labels, otherwise if they are smaller it would look less satisfactory. My intention is to find a new source for tokens going to 1 inch painted wooden tokens in national colors and mount the decals on those so its perfect. Still looking for a suitable source for the material.

I fixed the spelling issues…

A few will remain:

Yenisey is also a correct spelling a used more in the 1940’s sei is the more modern spelling of the word.

Ploesti is correct spelling ( which was on map)

others were corrected. and the size of the maps roundels are less than .75 and more like .50 inch

@Imperious:

The rules are not done yet. Almost.

The roundels are deliberately at .75 so they format to those Avery labels, otherwise if they are smaller it would look less satisfactory. My intention is to find a new source for tokens going to 1 inch painted wooden tokens in national colors and mount the decals on those so its perfect. Still looking for a suitable source for the material.

I fixed the spelling issues…

A few will remain:

Yenisey is also a correct spelling a used more in the 1940’s sei is the more modern spelling of the word.

Ploesti is correct spelling ( which was on map)

others were corrected. and the size of the maps roundels are less than .75 and more like .50 inch

I must have had an older version for Ploesti on my map it is Poesti.
    The Roundels on your map are good, no problem.
    I tried to mount roundels on the 1" plastic round disc from EA, they are too large, take up too much space on the map, even on a 48"x96" map, especially in Europe.
    I painted my cardbaord roundels OOB white over the existing Country and then added a 3/4" Avery Label to it…they look good.

I was talking about the templates, the non round roundels like the Totenkof Skull needs to be smaller…I think.
    Like I said I will print the templates and see what they look like.

IL,
    I was talking with a friend showing off your map and he loved it. Really like the Japan not getting to hike to Russia and grabbing points.
    He like the oil concept too, but he asked why you put an oil token in Saudi Arabia instead of Iraq; says Iraq was more developed at that time (just asking)
    I would of liked to have seen the “Vichy” symbol placed in a white round background like a Roundel.
    You could see it better and it does not look like something else on the map other than a marker for the Vichy French.

Again, just throwing ideas your way.

I check Oil Refinery heater drawings for a living and have become “Anal” about some things, but I usually have a good eye for an aestheticially pleasing look.

The map looks really really good printed out in color.

Why did you switch to the Swastika for the German Roundel, I know there are people out there still offended by it today?

• I was talking with a friend showing off your map and he loved it. Really like the Japan not getting to hike to Russia and grabbing points.
    He like the oil concept too, but he asked why you put an oil token in Saudi Arabia instead of Iraq; says Iraq was more developed at that time (just asking)

I didn’t want to make too many oil centers. I guess i choose one and picked the one that would not ‘be along the path’ which requires either side to take a detour south to take it.

The oil rules really made it exciting because Germany went for a southern strategy and took 2 of them and Japan took 1.

We had like 12 people usually standing and watching and 4 playing. Alot of the ‘watchers’ will play tomorrow and thought it looked real impressive.

The main fruit is the set up is really good and not much needs to be changed for balance, but I don’t think we explored all the tricks yet. Of the many ideas that made it different many commented on the concept of the Waffen SS and Shock Armies and how they really added new ideas for how you do your combats.

The Axis won but really only on the fact that the UK player went for Italy and didn’t leave enough to protect UK and the German navy took it with their Waffen SS army. Of course UK retook it, but then it suffered alot by that point. Russia got worked pretty good ( we were allies), but we held out. Japan didn’t attack Russia till like turn 6 and my partner kept buying the fortifications rather than UNITS ( of which you need to make the fortification even useful)

I would of liked to have seen the “Vichy” symbol placed in a white round background like a Roundel.

Yea i can do that. I think so.

I check Oil Refinery heater drawings for a living and have become “Anal” about some things, but I usually have a good eye for an aestheticially pleasing look.

The map looks really really good printed out in color.

Why did you switch to the Swastika for the German Roundel, I know there are people out there still offended by it today?

Nobody was offended and didn’t even comment on that. It didn’t even cross my mind till you just brought it up. Yes the map looks real professional. I will tweek the map file one last time for those Vichy roundels and perhaps add or change an oil field.

I may have to add one in S America and another in eastern Russia.

Also, might add a sea zone for red sea because the distance from FIC is a bit far to reach the Suez. ( UK used its fleet to shuck back and forth)

Also north India may need a factory in south ( Madras) and not north. UK build a small fleet to protect from Japan.

WE made some rule changes a few here:

you cant capture an enemy factory. Its destroyed but you can build a new one. AA guns same thing ( no reusable AA guns)

The SS and shock armies cant be rebuilt once destroyed, but they can be reconfigured into different combination’s of two armor class units and never more than 6 on the map ( can generate only one per turn, russia can start them only on turn 3)

People really liked that UK cant send air or fleet in Baltic unless they control Norway and Denmark.

Airborne and Marines worked great.

Neutrals were perfect.

We didn’t play with tech, but everything else.

They thought the axis were weak, but the design has subtle advantages for them that compensate. Economically it looks terrible for the axis, but if they keep the attacks up the allies has a problem getting the material advantage to make a difference.

People loved the Victory conditions. Japan was not a slave for Germany, but did help out if only to further its own cause.

Canada and ANZAC worked perfectly.

Pictures latter.

• @Imperious:

The SS and shock armies cant be rebuilt once destroyed, but they can be reconfigured into different combination’s of two armor class units and never more than 6 on the map ( can generate only one per turn, russia can start them only on turn 3)

I thought you said there was no SS. Can’t wait for pictures.
    P.S. how did the axis minors work.

• Order of Play:
    Germany (including Minor Axis Allies)
    France
    Soviet Union (neutral till turn 3)
    China
    Japan
    United Kingdom (including Dutch, ANZAC and Canada)
    Italy
    United States (neutral till turn 4)

Victory Conditions:
    6 major capitals and 42 strategic cities are represented. Capitals count as 5 points, strategic cites each worth 1 point.

Axis Requirements:
    Germany and Italy need 24 points and one Capital to win. They have to control the 24 points for a complete turn to win. Germany and Italy have combined victory conditions.

Japan needs 18 points in any manner. Also complete turn.

Allied Requirements:
    Soviet Union must take Berlin and a total of 24 points to win. In 1939 they start with 15 points, so Berlin and 4 others

UK needs to take Rome and 24 Points to win. They also need have either them or USA controlling Paris. They start with 15 points in 1939.

USA needs Tokyo and 24 Points to win. They start with 6 in 1939.

Unit Changes:
    Mechanized Infantry and Tactical Bombers from AAP40 are standard in this game, however a number of nations have some differences to the unit values:
    • German and American Mechanized Infantry are 2-2-2-4 units
    • Japanese Armor are now 3-2-2-5 units.
    • Japanese Tactical Bombers if paired with a Fighter can make one targeted naval attack on the first combat round. If they hit @ 3 or less, the targeted naval unit is damaged or destroyed.
    • Self-Propelled Artillery are now researched (thru technology) 3-2-2-5 units and at any time if in combat and roll a 1, the defender must select a non-infantry land unit (if possible) for his combat loss.
    • Fortifications are now standard units and can only protect one border (or coastline) from enemy attack. These cost 8 IPC and provide a +1 defense to all Infantry and Artillery in combat. Once built they are placed on these borders and cannot move and if captured are destroyed. The defending units can only get the modification against units attacking from the border where the unit is placed. All other attacks proceed normally. If the attack is an amphibious invasion, on the first round all defending artillery gets a free shot (after any Shore Bombardments).
    • Paratroopers and Marines are also featured and receive a +1 attack each combat round when either dropped by a bomber (1 per bomber), or landed as part of an amphibious invasion (2 per transport). Also, for each infantry unit designated as one of these, the owning player pays 1 IPC to the bank (subtracted from the next turn’s budget). Paratroopers: Each bomber can now carry one infantry in combat or two infantry in non-combat and drop them within normal flight range. If used during the combat move, the drop of airborne troops can not be further than two spaces from your nearest land unit.
    • Major Factories: These may build up to 10 units of any type and can take up to 20 damage. Major factories perform in all other respects as they do in AAP40, except they can be upgraded from minor factories only if the territory is worth 3 or more IPC.
    • Minor Factories: These may build up to 3 units of any type and can take up to 6 damage. Minor factories perform in all other respects as they do in AAP40, except they can be up built only if the territory is worth 1 or more IPC.

Scorched Earth:
    Any territory under attack that contains a factory and or AA gun and is captured results in the destruction of the factory. The new controlling player may build a new factory however.

Naval Repair:
    Battleships, or Carriers (see technology) are no longer are repaired for free. Repair must be done by moving these units to a sea zone adjacent at any controlled or allied factory. You only have to “touch the sea zone” in order to repair. If you have movement points remaining you can continue to move past.

Placements of units outside of factories:
    In any territory with a strategic city, you may build and place one infantry. If you control a capital, you may build and place three infantry. In either case this is in addition to the factory capabilities.

Special Non-Combat Movement:
    All land units that normally move one space may move up to two spaces if moved in non-combat movement. All air units moved in this phase may rebase up to 8 spaces away.

Xenophobia:
    No USA or UK units of any type allowed in Soviet territories. NO mixing of any Allied units with Soviet units (including naval). Soviet Units can liberate Japanese occupied Chinese territories and that’s the only time they can enter China. Soviet units can also ‘liberate’ any Axis occupied territories and keep them as their own even if they were previously owned by Allied nations. German and Italian land or air units may not enter the same land territory with Japanese forces or vice versa. Soviet Units may not enter British or American territories and vice versa. Neither may liberate any original controlled territory.

Straights:
    The following straights must be controlled at the start of a players turn before naval passage can occur:

Denmark (German may cross as long as either Norway and Denmark are neutral or under axis control).
    Bosporus (Neither side may cross as long as Turkey is neutral).
    Gibraltar (Axis naval may not cross if the Allies control Gibraltar).
    Suez (One side must control both sides at start of turn for passage).
    Panama (One side must control both sides at start of turn for passage).

The Americans and British cannot enter the Baltic with airpower as well unless they control the Danish straights.

Strategic Centers:
    Each player with the (German and Italian treated as one), must secure at least one Oil center and maintain it under his control during the game. If you do not control at least one oil center, each turn roll a die and subtract from your total income. If you capture an oil center that was originally controlled by another player (except the Dutch), roll one die for each IPC of the territory and the result is income that you gain and that the controlling player loses on his following turn. This is a one time event when these territories are captured.

Special Army Groups:
    The German and Soviet player may form up to six ‘elite’ units composing of two of the following types of units:

Armor
    Mechanized Infantry
    Self- Propelled Artillery (with Technology)
    Heavy Tanks (with technology)

With each pair of units, they fire first in all combat rounds (as either attacker or defender) and loses are removed before enemy units have an opportunity to fire. Germany and the Soviet Union each start with one of these on turn 3 and can designate one new elite unit each turn. If these units are destroyed in combat they may not be brought back. Up to six army groups of these types may be formed in total during the game and if they face each other in combat, German groups always fire first. Tokens will be used to delineate these units.

United States:
    United States remains neutral unless attacked until turn 4. Her national production is a total of 40 IPC, of which 20 IPC must be spent on Lend Lease to UK and latter the Soviet Union when she enters the war. The other 20 IPC is considered lost to “domestic issues”. During her neutrality, American pieces remain in setup and cannot be moved. If any Axis player gets within a sea zone adjacent to any US controlled land territory or island, her domestic income can now be diverted to mobilization (US can now build units and research Technology) Once the United States enters the war on turn 4, her income grows by 10 IPC each turn, until it reaches a total of 60 IPC. No matter what; the maximum amount of Lend lease support is capped at 30 IPC to both UK and Soviet Union during wartime.

Summary of Income:
    Turn 1: 20 and 20 Lend lease
    Turn 2: 20 and 20 Lend lease
    Turn 3: 20 and 20 Lend lease
    Turn 4: 30 and 20 Lend lease
    Turn 5: 40 and 20 Lend lease
    Turn 6+: 45 and 20 Lend lease

Lend Lease:
    American aid 20 IPC to UK and/or Soviet Union to purchase non-infantry types of units. The money is allocated on the American turn and spent on the following UK or Soviet turn. This constitutes a 1 turn delay since America plays its turn last. This aid may then be interdicted by German and Italian naval units as follows:

Each submarine can strip 1 IPC from this total.
    Each Battleship or Cruiser can strip 2 IPC from this total.
    Note: In both cases these units must be located in the Atlantic or the Indian Ocean.

Soviet Union:
    Until at war the Soviet Union collects 20 IPC a turn on turns 1-2 and can only attack neutrals that are adjacent and only for one round each turn. Soviet Union cannot collect any income from Lend lease until they are at war. One IPC of income goes to Germany (until at war) as aid each turn (not deducted from her income).

Non-Aggression Pact:
    The Soviet Union and Japan have a special treaty in place. The Soviet player can never attack Japanese territories until Berlin falls. The Japanese player can attack the Soviets as early as turn 4.

Minor Axis Allies:
    On turn 3 Germany has full use of her minor allies (Finland, Romania, Bulgaria, and Hungary). On turns 1-2 these are considered Pro-axis nations which allow air units to fly over. The German player receives their full value and can purchase German units. The German player can also choose to buy and place minor axis allies, but is restricted in any case of placing no more than one unit per turn in each of her allies (Finland, Romania, Bulgaria, and Hungary) and also limited by the total IPC value of these territories. Placement of forces may occur in any of them even if they contain no factory. They play directly with German forces in every other respect and can be moved to any German controlled territory.

Neutrals:
    Spain, Sweden, and the Soviet Union until at war all contribute 1 IPC each (3 total) to the German treasury as long as they remain neutral. German air units may fly over Sweden and Spain as well as the Minor Axis Allies even while neutral. Argentina is considered pro- axis. The Dutch are pro-allied but start the game neutral until attacked. Allied air units may fly over their territories. Venezuela, Brazil, Saudi Arabia are considered pro-allied. Air units may fly over. Attacks on any neutral immediately make them become allies of the other side. The only way to collect their income is by conquest and occupation. IPC are only awarded to the side that has invaded and defeated them rather than being an ‘ally’.

ANZAC and Canada:
    These are controlled by the British player. They are considered British forces for all intents and purposes. They must build and place in their own territories however. British technology developments also affect them as well.

France, Vichy France and Free French:
    When France falls (when Paris Falls), her remaining territories are divided into Vichy or Free French. Vichy territories are considered pro-axis neutral (planes can fly over) and Free French are totally under British control (they collect the income for these). The forces for each are listed on the set up sheets. All remaining French forces that existed when Paris falls, are removed from play. Free French territories are counted as British income as soon as Paris falls.

All other nations are considered fully neutral. You may not fly over or enter them unless you’re going to war with them.

China:
    Every two territories under Chinese control can build one infantry. If they count an odd number, the benefit can be saved for her following turn.

Burma Road:
    This road is outlined on the map. If it remains out of Japanese control, the controlled and printed IPC territories on the map ( up to 4 IPC) may be used to purchase any type of unit for China.

Revised Tech Tree:
    Procedure: Same as AA50 except you assign your researcher to one of the following FOUR categories: Land, Sea, Air and Production. You can only assign up to one researcher per category at a time and no more than two different categories.
    Research & Development Sequence:
    1. Buy researcher tokens
    2. Roll research dice
    3. Roll breakthrough die
    4. Mark development

Step 1: Buy Researcher Tokens
    Each researcher token costs 5 IPC’s.

Step 2: Roll Research Dice
    For each researcher you have, roll one die.

-Success: If you roll at least one “6”, you have successfully made a technological breakthrough.  Discard all your researcher tokens and continue to step 3.

-Failure: If you do not roll a “6”, your research has failed.  Keep your researcher token and continue to the Purchase Units phase of the turn. On each subsequent turn the success becomes easier and is reduced by one each turn: 6, 5,4,3,2, and eventually it is automatic.

Step 3: Roll Breakthrough Die
    If you succeed on any research die, you choose any technology within the 1st tier. Additional technology research applied to the same tech category can go to a higher technology as long as you got at least one tech. For example: If you want a technology that is 3rd tier in land technology, you must have at least one 1st tier and one 2nd tier tech in that same category.

Step 4: Mark Development
    If your research was successful, place one of your national control markers inside the appropriate advancement box on the research & development chart.  Your development becomes effective immediately. Any number of powers may develop the same technology, but powers cannot share their technology.

Land Technology:
    Tier #1:
    • Mobile Warfare Doctrine- Infantry matched with a Tank attack at 2 at a 1:1 basis.
    • Logistical efficiency- Total undamaged factory placements: total equals IPC that may be transferred from one original controlled territory to another as long as they are connected by land.
    Tier #2:
    • Self-Propelled Artillery- You may now build these units.
    • Partisans- You may make up to 3 special attacks this turn against an enemy occupied territory, rolling a 1 for a hit. You cannot save up these attacks but you can make all of them in one territory.
    Tier #3:
    • Heavy Tanks- You may now build these as 4-4-2-8 armor units.
    • Prepared Defenses- Artillery rolls first for the defense. If they roll a one, one attacking unit is removed from play and does not fire back. If they roll a two, the hit is allocated in the normal fashion.
    Sea Technology:
    Tier #1:
    • Naval ASW- Cruisers are now ASW units and have the same rules as destroyers with regard to submarine interactions.
    • AA Cruisers: If your Cruisers roll a one on defense, an attacking plane can be selected as a loss.
    Tier #2:
    • Sonar- Destroyers now have a first strike against subs if subs are present.
    • Super Battleships- your existing battleships attack and defend at 5 and they always fire preemptively in combat each turn (loses removed before they fire back) for either attack or defense.
    Tier #3:
    • Improved Carriers- Carriers now take 2 hits and have a 3 fighter capacity. Damaged carriers can still defend with planes, but cannot launch attacks on naval units until repaired. They can launch their planes for land attacks only if damaged.
    • Super Subs- Your subs now defend at 2 and attack at 3.

Air Technology:
    Tier #1:
    • Radar- any fighters you have defending and not under attack can assist adjacent territories prior to the start of combat rolls. They act immediately in these battles.
    • Naval Radar- At the start of naval combat the defending player who has this technology can attempt to avoid combat and move into an adjacent space. Roll a 1-2= success (your defending ships retreat and no combat occurs), 3-6= failure (combat continues normally).
    Tier #2:
    • Long Rang Aircraft- Aircraft now moves 2 extra spaces.
    • Air ASW- Aircraft can now attack submarines without the need for a Destroyer (or Cruiser with naval ASW technology).

Tier #3:
    • Jet Fighters- The attack value of your fighters is now 4 and the defense is 5.
    • Carpet Bombing- On the first round all air units rolling a one can select defending land units hit. Further combats are handled normally.
    Tier #4:
    • Heavy Bombers- roll two dice = pick the best result and apply to SBR. Also, Bombers also now attack at 5 or less and defend at 2 or less.
    • Rockets- Your antiaircraft guns are now also rocket launchers. In addition to its normal combat function, during the strategic bombing raid step of your Conduct Combat phase each turn, each of your antiaircraft guns can make a single rocket attack against an enemy industrial complex within 3 spaces of it. This flak level for this is not regarded and each AA gun gets one roll.
    Tier #5:
    • Atomic Bomb- Each Atomic Bombs costs 10 IPC and only one can be made each turn. When dropped no AA roll is made. Effects: 3 dice of variable damage and one die of permanent damage. The first turn this can be developed is turn 7. Prerequisite: Heavy Bombers technology.

Production Technology:
    Tier #1:
    • War Bonds- add one die to IPC total each turn.
    • Rosie the Riveter- Every two non-infantry land units bought gets you a -1 IPC discount in cost.
    Tier #2:
    • Underground factories- SBR hits count at ½ value rounded down.
    • Research Talent Pool- Future research costs are now reduced to 4 IPC each.

Tier #3:
    • Shipyards- subs, transports, destroyers cost one less IPC, all other ships cost two less IPC.
    • Total War- The first land or air unit built (by type) costs -1

Procedure: allocate researcher to develop a tier #1 technology in any of three categories. Once you have developed a technology you can choose one of the two choices. If you elect to develop further research in the same category and succeed, you may then either elect to choose a Tier #2 technology or pick something from a LOWER tier technology.
    Eventually, you can get to a tier #3 technology and chose any lower tech.

• When France falls (when Paris Falls), her remaining territories are divided into Vichy or Free French.
    Divided how?

Levant States: 1 Inf
    It’s not enough…at least 2 inf and 1 artillery….by the way where is the french fleet???

Yukon: 1 Inf
    ???, are your serious  :-D

Quebec: 1 Inf, 1 Tank
    1 tank?, the game is not in october 1970…

Siam: 1 Inf
    You mean thailand?, sorry by this country wasn’t under the control of Japan in 1939.
    Must be influenced.

Mongolia:
    Tannu-Tuwa: 2 Inf
    Durbet-Kobdo: 2 Inf
    Khangai: 2 Inf
    Kentai: 3 Inf
    Gobi: 3 Inf

Mongolia divided in 5 territory?
    Geez… Ghenghis kan is back? :-D

Spain:
    6 Inf, 1 Art, 1 tank
    Spanish Morocco: 1 Inf
    Sea Zone 13: 1 CA, 1 DD, 1 SS

Too much infantry

The oil rules really made it exciting because Germany went for a southern strategy and took 2 of them and Japan took 1.
    I’ve done the same in my 1939 game and you’re right, More challenge for the Axis player.

For Japan….nothing about marshall island?

For the rest…it seems like my world at war game. Good job.

• When France falls (when Paris Falls), her remaining territories are divided into Vichy or Free French.
    Divided how?

Look at the setup. The ones listed are Vichy. The three under Sahara are British controlled and thats where the Free french go. ( 1 Inf 1 Mech)

It’s not enough…at least 2 inf and 1 artillery….by the way where is the french fleet???

Levant states only had 1 Inf. They didn’t have 2 and 1. Also, the French Fleet is interned at Dakar, which for all purposes is out of the war and cant be used anyway, so we don’t even need to represent it. If your talking about the French fleet (pre-fall of paris) they do have 4 ships in set up.

Huh?, are your serious  grin

Needed it in Canada to represent Canadian forces and not have them just sitting ready for pickup in Labrador. Canada too time to prepare and this abstracts the slow start, but does not penalize them for reducing their army.

1 tank?, the game is not in october 1970…

NO Sep 39 actually.

You mean thailand?, sorry by this country wasn’t under the control of Japan in 1939.
    Must be influenced.

Old maps use Siam. I am going by old British and American published maps. Not the people of Thailand and their nationalistic fervor post 1945.

Mongolia:
    Mongolia divided in 5 territory?
    Geez… Ghenghis kan is back? grin

Japan cant take a shortcut, but also the set up will reduce each by one INF. lastly, 5 territories because its really rugged terrain and i don’t want shortcuts for idiots who drive Japanese tin can tanks to Moscow, which is 1.3 million times worse.

Spain:
    6 Inf, 1 Art, 1 tank
    Too much infantry

nope historical ( naval) land is just perfect so Allies don’t invade and use a “lets get back France from going into Spain tactic”

I’ve done the same in my 1939 game and you’re right, More challenge for the Axis player.

we made some changes for Dutch oil, also Japan will have a 4 turn reserve of oil, so they dont roll for oil shortage.

For Japan….nothing about marshall island?

its on the map. what do you want?

For the rest…it seems like my world at war game. Good job.

• Fixed at 4 plays.

1939 Setups:

Germany:
    10 Inf, 2 Art, 2 Mech Inf., 2 Tanks, 3 Fighters, 2 Bombers, 1 Major factory, 1 AA gun, 1 Fortification ( on German–Franco border)
    Prussia: 3 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter
    Slovakia: 3 Inf, 1 Art, 2 Tanks, 1 Fighter, 1 Minor Factory, 1 AA gun
    Black Sea: 1 BB, 1 CA, 1 DD, 2 SS, 2 AP
    Sea Zones: 3, 6,8,17, 1 Submarine each.
    Sea Zone 11: 2 Submarines

Italy:
    3 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Tank, 2 Fighters, 1 Bomber, 1 Major Factory, 1 AA gun
    Southern Italy: 2 Inf, 1 Mech, 1 Art
    Sicily: 1 Inf
    Tropolitania: 2 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Mech
    Cyrenaica: 1 Inf
    Italian East Africa: 2 Inf
    Sea Zone 14: 1 BB, 1 CA, 2 DD, 2 SS, 2 AP

Japan: 
    3 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Mech, 1 Fighter, 1 Tactical Bomber, 1 Major Factory, 1 AA gun,
    1 BB, 2 CV, (with 1 Fighter and 1 Tactical bomber each), 1 CA, 2 DD, 1 SS, 1 AP
    Manchukuo: 2 Inf, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter, 1 Tactical Bomber
    Hingan: 2 Inf
    Hopei: 1 Inf
    Shantung: 1 Inf
    Anhwei: 2 Infantry, 1Fighter
    Korea: 1 Inf, 1 DD, 1 SS, 1 AP
    Hokkaido: 1 Inf
    Kyushu: 1 Inf
    Iwo Jima: 1 Inf
    Okinawa: 1 Inf
    Formosa: 1 Inf
    Marianas Islands: 1 Inf, 1 BB, 1 CV (with 1 Fighter and 1 Tactical bomber), 1 CA, 1 DD, 1 AP
    Caroline Islands: 1 Inf, 1 Fighter, 1 CA, 1 DD, 1 AP

France:
    6 Inf, 2 Art, 3 Tanks, 2 Fighters, 1 Minor Factory, 1 Fortification (on Franco-German border)
    Normandy: 1 Inf, 1 Minor Factory, 1 DD, 1 SS
    Vichy France: 2 Inf, 1 Art
    Morocco: 1 Inf
    Algeria: 1 Inf
    French West Africa: 1 Inf, 1 BB, 1 DD
    French Madagaskar: 1 Inf

Vichy France: (after surrender)
    Vichy: 2 Inf
    Morocco: 1 Inf
    Algeria: 1 Inf
    French Madagaskar: 1 Inf

Free-French forces (British control)
    1 Inf, and 1 Mech (place anywhere in non-vichy areas)

United Kingdom:
    4 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Tank, 2 Fighters, 1 Bomber, 1 Major Factory, 1 AA gun
    Egypt: 2 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Tank
    Gibraltar: 1 Inf, 1 Fortification
    Malta: 1 Inf, 1 Fighter, 1 Fortification
    Anglo-Egypt Sudan: 1 Inf
    Rhodesia: 1 Inf
    Union of South Africa: 1 Inf
    Rajputana: 2 Inf, 1 Minor Factory, 1 AA gun
    Madras: 1 Inf
    Ceylon:
    Kwangtung: 1 Inf
    Malaya: 2 Inf, 1 Fortification
    Burma: 1 Inf
    Sea Zone 2: 2 BB, 1 CA, 3 DD, 1 SS, 1 AP
    Sea Zone 12: 1 CV (with 1 fighter and 1 Tactical Bomber), 1 CA, 1 DD
    Sea Zone 15: 1 DD, 1 AP
    Sea Zone 27: 1 CA
    Sea Zone 35: 1 CA, 1 DD, 1 AP
    Sea Zone 37: 1 BB
    Sea Zone 39: 1 DD, 1 AP

Canada:
    British Columbia: 1 Inf
    Ontario: 1 Inf
    Sea Zone 1: 1 DD, 1 AP

ANZAC:
    Northern Territory: 1 Inf
    Queensland: 1 Inf
    New South Whales: 3 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Minor factory
    Sea Zone 41: 1 DD, 1 SS, 1 AP
    New Zealand: 1 Inf

Soviet Union:
    Karelia: 2 Inf
    Archangel: 1 Inf
    Leningrad: 3 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Fighter, 1 Minor Factory, 1 AA gun
    White Russia: 2 Inf., 1 Art, 1 Tank
    Ukrainian: 2 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter, 1 Minor Factory, 1 AA gun
    Moscow: 2 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Mech, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter, 1 Bomber, 1 Major Factory, 1 AA gun
    Caucasus: 2 Inf
    Stalingrad: 1 Minor Factory, 1 AA gun
    Kazak: 1 Inf, 1 Minor Factory
    Trans- Caucasus: 2 Inf
    Amur: 3 Inf
    Buryatia: 2 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Mech, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter
    Bashkir: 1 Inf
    Sea Zone 4: 1DD, 1 AP
    Sea Zone 5: 1DD
    Sea Zone 16: 1 SS
    Sea Zone 62: 1SS

United States:
    Northeast USA: 2 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Tank, 1 Mech, 1 Fighter, 1 Major factory, 1 AA gun
    West: 1 Inf
    Midwest: 1 Tank, 1 Major Factory
    Southern States: 2 Inf
    Pacific States: 2 Inf, 1 Mech, 1 Bomber, 1 Major factory, 1 AA gun
    Philippines: 2 Inf, 1 Art
    Central America: 1 Inf
    Panama: 1 Inf
    Hawaii: 1 Inf, 1 Tactical Bomber
    Alaska Range: 1 Inf
    Sea Zone 10: 1 BB, 1 CV (with 1 Fighter, 1 Tactical Bomber), 1 DD, 2 AP
    Sea Zone 19: 1 SS
    Sea Zone 20: 1 DD
    Sea Zone 50: 1 DD, 1 AP
    Sea Zone 54: 2 BB, 1 DD, 1 AP
    Sea Zone 55: 1 SS
    Sea Zone 57: 1 CV (with 1 Fighter, 1 Tactical Bomber), 1 CA, 1 AP
    Sea Zone 58: 1 SS

China:
    Shan: 1 Inf
    Tibet: 1 Inf
    Sinkaing: 1 Inf
    Ningsia: 1 Inf
    Kokonor: 1 Inf
    Szechwan: 3 Infantry, 1 Art, 1 Fighter
    Shensi: 1 Inf
    Hupeh: 1 Inf
    Fukien: 1 Inf
    Yunnan: 1 Inf

Benelux ( Dutch) :
    Benelux: 2 Inf
    Sea Zone 38: 1 DD, 1 AP

Mongolia:

Minor-Axis Allies:
    Finland: 1 Inf, 1 Tank
    Lapland: 1 Inf
    Viipuri: 3 Inf, 1 Artillery, 1 Fortification (on Finnish- Soviet border at Viipuri)
    Romania: 6 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Mech, 1 Tank
    Bulgaria: 3 Inf, 1 Art
    Hungary: 4 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Tank

Pro-Axis Neutrals:
    Spain:
    6 Inf, 1 Art, 1 tank

Argentina:
    2 Inf, 1 Art,
    Sea Zone 25: 2 DD

Sweden: 3 Inf

Pro-Allied Neutrals:
    Brazil:
    4 Inf, 2 Art, 1 Minor factory, 1 AA gun
    Sea Zone 18: 1 DD
    Iraq: 1 Inf
    Persia: 1 Inf
    Saudi Arabia: 2 Inf
    Venezuela: 2 Inf
    Colombia: 1 Inf
    Peru: 1 Inf
    Bolivia: 1 Inf
    Baluchistan: 2 Inf

Neutrals:
    Norway: 1 Inf
    West Poland: 5 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Fighter
    East Poland: 1 Inf
    Yugoslavia: 2 Inf
    Greece: 1 Inf
    Crete: 1 Inf
    Portugal: 1 Inf
    Chile: 2 Inf

Turkey:
    Western Turkey: 3 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Tank
    Armenia: 2 Inf
    Sea Zone 16: 1 DD

• Victory Conditions:
    6 major capitals and 42 strategic cities are represented. Capitals count as 5 points, strategic cites each worth 1 point.

Axis Requirements:
    Germany and Italy need 24 points and one Capital to win. They have to control the 24 points for a complete turn to win. Germany and Italy have combined victory conditions.

Japan needs 18 points in any manner. Also complete turn.

Allied Requirements:
    Soviet Union must take Berlin and a total of 24 points to win. In 1939 they start with 15 points, so Berlin and 4 others

UK needs to take Rome and 24 Points to win. They also need have either them or USA controlling Paris. They start with 15 points in 1939.

USA needs Tokyo and 24 Points to win. They start with 7 in 1939.

Losing your Capital:
    When you lose your capital, you immediately lose IPC equal to the value of the territory from your previously collected income total (it will be reduced even if your capital is retaken by your allies) In addition, the new controlling player receives the income equal to double this value and added to his next turns total ( even if he loses control of this territory on the same turn.

Unit Changes:
    Mechanized Infantry and Tactical Bombers from AAP40 are standard in this game, however a number of nations have some differences to the unit values:
    • German and American Mechanized Infantry are 2-2-2-4 units
    • Japanese Armor are now 3-2-2-5 units.
    • Japanese Tactical Bombers if paired with a Fighter can make one targeted naval attack on the first combat round. If they hit @ 4 or less, the targeted naval unit is damaged or destroyed.
    • Self-Propelled Artillery are now researched (thru technology) 3-2-2-5 units and at any time if in combat and roll a 1, the defender must select a non-infantry land unit (if possible) for his combat loss.
    • Fortifications are now standard units and can only protect one border (or coastline) from enemy attack. These cost 8 IPC and provide a +1 defense to all Infantry and Artillery in combat. Once built they are placed on these borders and cannot move and if captured are destroyed. The defending units can only get the modification against units attacking from the border where the unit is placed. All other attacks proceed normally. If the attack is an amphibious invasion, on the first round all defending artillery gets a free shot (after any Shore Bombardments).
    • Paratroopers and Marines are also featured and receive a +1 attack each combat round when either dropped by a bomber (1 per bomber), or landed as part of an amphibious invasion (2 per transport). Also, for each infantry unit designated as one of these, the owning player pays 1 IPC to the bank (subtracted from the next turn’s budget). Paratroopers: Each bomber can now carry one infantry (they must start together) in combat or two infantry in non-combat and drop those within normal flight range. If used during the combat move, the drop of airborne troops can not be further than two spaces from your nearest land unit. The bomber can then participate in combat in the targeted space in addition to dropping its cargo.
    • Major Factories: These may build up to 10 units of any type and can take up to 20 damage. Major factories perform in all other respects as they do in AAP40, except they can be upgraded from minor factories only if the territory is worth 3 or more IPC.
    • Minor Factories: These may build up to 3 units of any type and can take up to 6 damage. Minor factories perform in all other respects as they do in AAP40, except they can be up built only if the territory is worth 1 or more IPC.

Scorched Earth:
    Any territory under attack that contains a factory and or AA gun and is captured results in the destruction of the factory. The new controlling player may build a new factory however.

Naval Repair:
    Battleships, or Carriers (see technology) are no longer are repaired for free. Repair must be done by moving these units to a sea zone adjacent at any controlled or allied factory. You only have to “touch the sea zone” in order to repair. If you have movement points remaining you can continue to move past.

Placements of units outside of factories:
    At the start of your turn any territory you control with a strategic city, may build and place one infantry. If you control a capital, you may build and place three infantry. In either case this is in addition to the factory capabilities.

Special Non-Combat Movement:
    All land and air units that normally may move double movement if moved in non-combat movement ( NCM).

Xenophobia:
    No USA or UK units of any type allowed in Soviet territories. NO mixing of any Allied units with Soviet units (including naval). Soviet Units can liberate Japanese occupied Chinese territories and that’s the only time they can enter China. Soviet units can also ‘liberate’ any Axis occupied territories and keep them as their own even if they were previously owned by Allied nations. German and Italian land or air units may not enter the same land territory with Japanese forces or vice versa. Soviet Units may not enter British or American territories and vice versa. Neither may liberate any original controlled territory.

Straights:
    The following straights must be controlled at the start of a players turn before naval passage can occur:

Denmark (German may cross as long as either Norway or Denmark are neutral or under axis control).
    Bosporus (Neither side may cross as long as Turkey is neutral).
    Gibraltar (Axis naval may not cross if the Allies control Gibraltar).
    Suez (One side must control both sides at start of turn for passage).
    Panama (One side must control both sides at start of turn for passage).

The Americans and British cannot enter the Baltic with airpower as well unless they control the Danish straights. If the French become Vichy, the Suez Canal is closed to British controlled forces until both the Levant states and Egypt are under British control.

Scandinavia:
    Attacks against any part of Finland, Norway or Sweden are only for one round of combat due to the rugged nature of the terrain/weather.

Strategic Centers:
    If you capture an oil center that was originally controlled by another player (except the Dutch), roll one die for each IPC of the territory and the result is income that you gain and that the controlling player loses on his following turn. This is a one time event when these territories are captured. The Dutch have two oil centers, but capturing them while neutral or unoccupied by Allied forces does not result in a loss roll.
        However, if the allies decide to occupy them at any time and the Japanese capture them, then they do get to roll against that allied player.

All nations must control at least one oil center or capture a neutral that has one.

The German and Italian players can use Romania as their primary source Japan has a four turn reserve of oil, but on turn 5 must secure at least one oil center or face an oil loss roll each turn until one is secured.

England has its source at Borneo and if this falls can secure a new oil source by invading a neutral (Persia for example).

France, China, nor any other minor nation or neutral does not require oil, nor roll for oil loss.

Special Army Groups:
    The German and Soviet player may form up to six ‘elite’ units composing of two of the following types of units:

Armor
    Mechanized Infantry

With each pair of units, they fire first in all combat rounds (as either attacker or defender) and loses are removed before enemy units have an opportunity to fire. Germany and the Soviet Union each start with one of these on turn 3 and can designate one new elite unit each turn. If these units are destroyed in combat they may not be brought back. Up to six army groups of these types may be formed in total during the game and if they face each other in combat, German groups always fire first. Tokens will be used to delineate these units.

United States:
    United States remains neutral unless attacked until turn 4. Her national production starts at a total of 20 IPC, of which 5 IPC can be spent on Lend Lease to UK. Latter starting on turn 5, the Soviet Union can receive this aid. During her neutrality, Original American pieces remain in setup and cannot be moved. Only newly built units can be moved and only to Sea zones or territories adjacent or within her national tokens as printed on the map. If any Axis player gets within a sea zone adjacent to any US controlled land territory or island, her domestic income can now be diverted to mobilization (US can now build units and research Technology) Once the United States enters the war on turn 4, her income grows each turn, until it reaches a total of 60 IPC. No matter what; the maximum amount of Lend lease support is capped at 15 IPC to both UK and Soviet Union during wartime.

Summary of Income:
    Turn 1: 15 and no Lend Lease
    Turn 2: 15 and up to 5 Lend Lease
    Turn 3: 20 and up to 5 Lend Lease
    Turn 4: 25 and 10 Lend Lease
    Turn 5: 30 and 10 Lend Lease
    Turn 6: 35 and 15 Lend Lease
    Turn 7+: 45 and 15 Lend Lease

Lend Lease:
    American aid to UK and/or Soviet Union must go to purchase non-infantry types of units. The money is allocated on the American turn and spent on the following UK or Soviet turn and placed in an off map box known as a lend lease mobilization box. All aid has a one turn delay, so the Soviet Union won’t see any money until her 5th turn. This aid may then be interdicted by German and Italian naval units as follows:

Each submarine can strip 1 IPC from this total.
    Each Battleship or Cruiser can strip 2 IPC from this total.
    Note: In both cases these units must be located in the Atlantic or the Indian Ocean.

Soviet Union:
    Until at war the Soviet Union collects 20 IPC a turn on turns 1-2 and can only attack neutrals that are adjacent and only for one round each turn. Soviet Union cannot collect any income from Lend lease until they are at war. One IPC of income goes to Germany (until at war) as aid each turn (not deducted from her income).

Total War:
    The German war economy increases by 10 IPC starting on turn 4.

Non-Aggression Pact:
    The Soviet Union and Japan have a special treaty in place. The Soviet player can never attack Japanese territories until Berlin falls. The Japanese player can attack the Soviets as early as turn 4.

Minor Axis Allies:
    On turn 3 Germany has full use of her minor allies (Finland, Romania, Bulgaria, and Hungary). On turns 1-2 these are considered Pro-axis nations which allow air units to fly over. The German player receives their full value and can purchase German units. The German player can also choose to buy and place minor axis allies, but is restricted in any case of placing no more than one unit per turn in each of her allies (Finland, Romania, Bulgaria, and Hungary) and is also limited by the total IPC value of units not costing more than 10 IPC in these territories. Placement of forces may occur in any of them even if they contain no factory. They play directly with German forces in every other respect and can be moved to any German controlled territory.

Neutrals:
    Spain, Sweden, and the Soviet Union until at war all contribute 1 IPC each (3 total) to the German treasury starting on turn 1, as long as they remain neutral. German air units may fly over Sweden and Spain as well as the Minor Axis Allies even while neutral. Argentina is considered pro- axis. The Dutch are pro-allied but start the game neutral until attacked. Allied air units may fly over their territories. Venezuela, Brazil, Saudi Arabia are considered pro-allied. Air units may fly over. Attacks on any neutral immediately make them become allies of the other side. The only way to collect their income is by conquest and occupation. IPC are only awarded to the side that has invaded and defeated them rather than being an ‘ally’.

ANZAC and Canada:
    These are controlled by the British player. They are considered British forces for all intents and purposes. They must build and place in their own territories however. British technology developments also affect them as well.

France, Vichy France and Free French:
    When France falls (when Paris Falls), her remaining territories are divided into Vichy or Free French. Vichy territories are considered pro-axis neutral (planes can fly over) and Free French are totally under British control (they collect the income for these). The forces for each are listed on the set up sheets. All remaining French forces that existed when Paris falls, are removed from play. Free French territories are counted as British income as soon as Paris falls.

All other nations are considered fully neutral. You may not fly over or enter them unless you’re going to war with them.

British Restrictions:
    British controlled units may not enter any French territories, except France proper while France remains unconquered.

China:
    Every two territories under Chinese control can build one infantry. If they count an odd number, the fraction is lost. Placement follows rules under AA50 ( only in territories with less than three units).

Burma Road:
    This road is outlined on the map. If it remains entirely out of Japanese control, the printed IPC territories on the map (up to 4 IPC) may be used to purchase any type of unit for China.

• http://www.mediafire.com/?yrmugkdijcw

another map file. old one didn’t transpose the French icons properly.

• Levant states only had 1 Inf. They didn’t have 2 and 1. Also, the French Fleet is interned at Dakar, which for all purposes is out of the war and cant be used anyway, so we don’t even need to represent it. If your talking about the French fleet (pre-fall of paris) they do have 4 ships in set up.

The levant army was more stronger than that.
    I think you under respect the strength of the French navy. She was intact after the armistice. UK decided to solve the problem by sinking and disarmed a part of the fench fleet. 
    ‘‘La Royal’’ did not want to surrender to Germany but did not want to join the English either because french navy and Royal Navy were always ‘‘naturel enemy’’.
    What about Mers el khébir?

Old maps use Siam. I am going by old British and American published maps. Not the people of Thailand and their nationalistic fervor post 1945.
    In June 23 1939, it was renamed Thailand!
    and in december 21 1941, Japan signed an alliance with Thailand.
    Uk and USA didn’t accept the renamed….probably…

Talking about… no japan fleet in marshall island…
    so…  you don’t want comments?

Armor
    Mechanized Infantry

I like that!

Non-Aggression Pact:

Too bab, I like the idea about a conflict between USSR-Japan on game turn 1…

• How are you planing on representing tech units. Also what are the skull and cross bone roundel, the dutch roundel, and the vichy roundels for.

• The skull is the alternate Waffen SS token. Germany gets one of these each turn starting on turn 3. Once destroyed they can’t be rebuilt.

The roundels designate control of both map and captured areas so that it is clear who gets the income.

• Levant states only had 1 Inf. They didn’t have 2 and 1. Also, the French Fleet is interned at Dakar, which for all purposes is out of the war and cant be used anyway, so we don’t even need to represent it. If your talking about the French fleet (pre-fall of paris) they do have 4 ships in set up.

I think you under respect the strength of the French navy. She was intact after the armistice. UK decided to solve the problem by sinking and disarmed a part of the fench fleet.
    ‘‘La Royal’’ did not want to surrender to Germany but did not want to join the English either because french navy and Royal Navy were always ‘‘naturel enemy’’.
    What about Mers el khébir?

I already explained this. The French navy is not in the war, so it is not being represented after French lose Paris. Everybody knows what happened, so it makes no sence to represent units that didnt fight and if they did i would have to make allowances for all kinds of various game breakers ( Germany takes it over, UK takes it over, etc)  these imbalance the game and don’t represent the history properly which did not include these as fighting units.

The levant army was more stronger than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria-Lebanon_Campaign
    45,000 troops
    90 tanks

so no. just one army.

In June 23 1939, it was renamed Thailand!
    and in december 21 1941, Japan signed an alliance with Thailand.
    Uk and USA didn’t accept the renamed….probably…

That is all known. However, after being Siam for many years, the reference to its new name was not adopted till many years latter and certainly not until after the war ended. People referred to it as Siam. I still call it Burma, though for some stupid reason they changed it to “Union of Myanmar”. As long as i live it will be Burma and known as Burma no matter how many times they invent a new name. Today people know exactly that it is Burma, hoping when the government changes hands yet again, it will revert to Burma.  This is the same with Siam. And this map is based entirely on the nomenclature of that day.

Talking about… no japan fleet in marshall island…
    so…  you don’t want comments?

Well you didn’t really explain your query. Blurt out “For Japan….nothing about marshall island?”

and i assume you didn’t see it?

Eniwetok Naval Base was used by Japan since 1914. Everything is fine.

Non-Aggression Pact:
    Too bab, I like the idea about a conflict between USSR-Japan on game turn 1…

The whole point is japan just gets to fight China, then learn about a 2 front war on turn 4.  I am assuming Khalkhyn Gol took place and Japan learned this lessen as they did. The Soviet just move the Far East Army to Moscow or leave the infantry to keep the japanese honest.

Also, no stupid glitches can occur if Japan decides to attack with Germany, leaving France alone. Japan does not win this way anyway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m