IL's Axis and Allies Global 1939 and 1942 files

• A couple things I don’t know if you added Polish roundels to the final copy but they be top notch. I don’t really like combined arms I just wish you would give Germany SS units. This would also replace the advanced mech infantry. But good over all.

No because Poland gets wiped out in the first turn and they don’t exist in the 1942 scenario.

The concept of combined arms was to represent the elite forces without having to invent a new unit.

The elite becomes a small group of two armor type units. I had originally thought about giving everybody a special elite army: Pattons 3rd army, The 8th Army, Kwangtung Army, etc and making emblems to go with them and give them special benefits.

Really needed some flavor, so it went to the most common land foes, SU and Germany. But they can only form up to 6 of these anyway.

• Cool map IL :-), do you have some kind of key to explain what the different color schemes and symbols mean though :?

• HUH?

the only thing different is the oil centers, which are in the rules

What is this color scheme you speak of?

The symbols are roundels for major and minor nations that are represented:

France
    ANZAC
    Canada
    Finland
    Romania
    Hungary
    Bulgaria

etc…

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

IL, is this the final version of the map , or are you taking critique for the map?

• It’s only final if the playtesting proofs it.

Comments are welcome as usual.

But i wont be adding any more roundels to it.

No , I was thinking that the roundels are kind if large. What size diameter are they when the map is 36x 72?

• .75 inch, the same size as OOB. The idea is you cover them when ownership changes, so all the tokens look the same in terms of size.

• suggestion:  more Sea Zones.  The Sea Zone on the China Coast is pretty large.

• what would you recommend I use for these new powers. I have AA 1942 AA pacific 1940 and risk

@finnman:

what would you recommend I use for these new powers. I have AA 1942 AA pacific 1940 and risk

I use German units painted a different color for the Axis Minors and
    American units painted white for Neutrals

• @coachofmany:

@finnman:

what would you recommend I use for these new powers. I have AA 1942 AA pacific 1940 and risk

I use German units painted a different color for the Axis Minors and

Thanks but I don’t know about painting my pieces I just think I’ll use risk infantry and canons for artillery. I also use Polish Calvary
    any ideas on the stats for them.

• I use German units painted a different color for the Axis Minors and

yea thats what i will do. but under the rules you can only rebuild the units each neutral came with, so all four of them must be different colors so as not to have more units that they came with…

so… what color for finland, romania, bulgaria, and hungary?

I used Yellow for Romania, light grey for Hungary, Dark green for Bulgaria, and Maroon for Finland.
    But I am going to change a few colors, still thinking about it.

French - Blue
    Free french - Lt. Blue
    Vichy French - Dark Grey
    Dutch - Orange
    Neutrals - White
    Allied Neutrals - Lt. green
    Pro Axis Neutrals - Lt. Grey
    Mongolia - ??

• I used Yellow for Romania, light grey for Hungary, Dark green for Bulgaria, and Maroon for Finland.

But what did you base your decision on?  just wondering.

I was thinking cream or off white for Finland ( winter outfits)

Light Grey for Romania

Dark Green Bulgaria

Hungary?

Well, off white or cream for Finland, since the neutrals are white, I was staying away from that color, the light grey for pro axis neutral ate a color off the Germans, the light green. , a shade off the Americans, I am still using panzer grey for Vichy France, and two different blues for the French, orange for the Dutch, matches neutral roundel, I am going to use the light maroon Russians from Europe for Mongolia (are they a stand alone neutral or pro someone?)

I have made additional armies for this game and need to paint them so I can try this scenario. I need to print out the map also.

• I made a complete set of new roundels including tokens for Airborne, Waffen SS and Shock Armies ( remember they each can have up to 6 of these)

I have not made the rules for how these come into being. I think it will be you can assign one per turn and if you lose it in combat you can replace freely as long as not more than one appears ( max 6 in any case)

Also, looking at Brazil’s naval setup i think the DD’s should be split ( one each sea zone)

I can reduce the roundels in size ( say to .5 inch)  if you feel aesthetically they look too large.

Finland needs a change in setup, divert one inf to Lapland from south.  Also, Defending units in Scandinavian nations get a +1 ( Russia will attempt to maul them on R2). Might even give them a fortification adjacent from Leningrad territory in setup.

Have not sorted out the Soviets income basis until at war… to be done

Map clarification Kerch Peninsula: You can cross the straight only of you control the other side… no shortcuts to Caucasus. You must fight over Rostov-On-Don as true “gateway to the Caucasus”

WIll the new roundels be placed under the infantry units?

I agree, split the destroyers for Brazil.

Yes, I think the roundels are too big, I am going to print out the map today and lay it out and see for myself. (48" X96")

I agree with all the “straits” rules you have.
    I totally agree with no units in Russia, only lend lease.
    I hate when Japan boogies towards Moscow, I agree, they need to have their hands full in the Pacific, with Oil rules and lesser values for them to land grab in Asia, it will chnage their thinking.
    I like the changes in tank values, both Japan & Italy had no more than medium tank but mainly a light tank compared to the other countries.

OK, change in colors.

France - Blue
    Free French - Sky Blue
    Vichy - Use the Blue again after France falls for the Vichy.
    Pro Axis Neutrals - Dark grey (not Panzer Grey)
    Pro Allied Neutrals - Light Olive green
    Neutrals - White

What type of neutral is Mongolia?

• I hate when Japan boogies towards Moscow, I agree, they need to have their hands full in the Pacific, with Oil rules and lesser values for them to land grab in Asia, it will change their thinking.
    I like the changes in tank values, both Japan & Italy had no more than medium tank but mainly a light tank compared to the other countries.

The resources are distributed much more historical, which denys the Soviet all those perks of running nonsense to Moscow. She can just focus on getting her victory conditions ( 18 VC points).

China and eastern Russia are mostly barren of war materials ( though the Soviets did have oil center in Kamchatka but very small). This is why in nearly every game Japan blows up to 40+ IPC and Germany lags behind. That is impossible. In this Germany/Italy are the hammer and Japan is a proper anvil.

@Imperious:

I hate when Japan boogies towards Moscow, I agree, they need to have their hands full in the Pacific, with Oil rules and lesser values for them to land grab in Asia, it will change their thinking.

The resources are distributed much more historical, which denys the Soviet all those perks of running nonsense to Moscow. She can just focus on getting her victory conditions ( 18 VC points).

China and eastern Russia are mostly barren of war materials ( though the Soviets did have oil center in Kamchatka but very small). This is why in nearly every game Japan blows up to 40+ IPC and Germany lags behind. That is impossible. In this Germany/Italy are the hammer and Japan is a proper anvil.

Yes, Japan must go where the oil is, they are totally dependent on it.

Does French Madagascar require a French Roundel?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m