• Having paratroopers as a tech maskes about as much sense as having infantry as a tech.

• Yea, I was thinking about the tech tree we have now (I know its dangerous). Many of the techs we use oob are simply not techs, most nations had these abilities (like paratroopers or better art).

Instead of a dice rolling tech tree (random), why not just make certain techs/abilities available each round (progressive). Cost you $10 each rd only if you want to, and you are guaranteed to get it at the end of your turn. Give each round 2 abilities/techs to choose from, but you can only get 1 tech/ability per round. If your in the 3rd round of play then you can choose any tech from rd #3 or previous rds.

You could keep the dice thing in play if you want, pay your $10 and roll one dice, if you roll a six you get a bonus ability/tech (you get 2 techs that turn).

Suggested tech tree (AA50 basic) could be moved around, changed, or added to. These are going to be very similar in global 40, so some thing similar could be adopted.

Rd#1- Radar / Art
    Rd#2- W bonds / Paratroopers
    Rd#3- SS / Inc Factory
    Rd#4- Rockets / Shipyards
    Rd#5- Mech / Jet Ftrs (+1 in SBR also)
    RD#6- HB / LRA

This would allow you to get certain abilities early on totally in your control, and get more advanced items later in the game. If you spend $10/rd for 12 rds you can have all the techs (unless you roll a six for an occasional bonus), but would $120 worth of units be better?

• I am much more receptive to this idea, however I think that it should be nation respective.

• A separate chart could be put together per round for each nation (maybe 6 items each). You get 1 item per turn still. You could choose either the regular chart, or you could choose an item in chart that is specifically for your nation. It could be tech stuff, or mix in some national advantages.

• @WILD:

A separate chart could be put together per round for each nation (maybe 6 items each). You get 1 item per turn still. You could choose either the regular chart, or you could choose an item in chart that is specifically for your nation. It could be tech stuff, or mix in some national advantages.

Yes, that’s it. This is what I have always wanted for A&A.

• The only thing that i think would be cool would be a starting advantage, like the US starts with heavy bombers, the USSR has cheaper units, Germany has mechanized armies, UK has cheaper shipbuilding, etc.

• @maverick_76:

The only thing that i think would be cool would be a starting advantage, like the US starts with heavy bombers, the USSR has cheaper units, Germany has mechanized armies, UK has cheaper shipbuilding, etc.

It should reflect the actual historical technology.

• Well I think that would be possible, but of course we need to have it stay within the rules and confines of the game and keep the complexity to a moderate level.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m