• I have a hard time seeing the convoy routes and kamikaze boxes on the board. Has anyone else had the problem and if so what did you do to make them easier to see? I thought a black sharpie should do it but before I mark up my board I wanted to see if there are any other things that others are doing. Thanks.

• I use the sticky part of the neon-colored post-it notes to highlight things on my board, since it is removable and doesn’t affect the board permanently, but stays on as long as I want it to.

• @Stoney229:

I use the sticky part of the neon-colored post-it notes to highlight things on my board, since it is removable and doesn’t affect the board permanently, but stays on as long as I want it to.

Good idea. I am glad I waited before I used a black sharpie. Thanks.

• It’s been said that the convoy icons will be darker and sharper on the AA Europe '40 board.

• @Make_It_Round:

It’s been said that the convoy icons will be darker and sharper on the AA Europe '40 board.

Which is nice, but will just look silly when the boards are side-by-side… :|

• Larry’s already mentioned the possibility of an AA Pacific '40 reprint / second edition.

They’d definitely fix the convoy icons (and hopefully the SZ 5 / Korea problem) in any reprint, so there may be a long-term solution in the works for anybody with a lot of patience, and a fervent desire to own matching boards (SASurfer).

• @Make_It_Round:

Larry’s already mentioned the possibility of an AA Pacific '40 reprint / second edition.

They’d definitely fix the convoy icons (and hopefully the SZ 5 / Korea problem) in any reprint, so there may be a long-term solution in the works for anybody with a lot of patience, and a fervent desire to own matching boards (SASurfer).

Does that mean current owners will get new boards? HA!

• @Make_It_Round:

Larry’s already mentioned the possibility of an AA Pacific '40 reprint / second edition.

What can I say?  I’m a little OCD like that… :wink:  And rather than a lot of patience, I actually just have little money, so that means I’ll have to wait to get either version regardless. :-(  I mostly play online now anyway.

• @Make_It_Round:

A guy named “Eagle” or something asked Larry that spesific question on LGD-forum today, and Larry denied any reprint of the Pacific map for the next 10 years.

• Razor, I never said the second edition was a done deal. I just remember Larry mentioned a possible reprint in response to a rules clarification question on his website. Perhaps it was a throw-away or sarcastic comment (he is known to make those sometimes), or a reflection of his (well-documented) disappointment about how certain elements of the first edition turned out.

As for your claim Razor/Eagle, let it be known that Larry clearly doesn’t make any mention of ‘10 years’ limitation on reprints in his response to you. That is patently false:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2245&start=16

• Maybe someone will come up with black print symbols on a clear sticker to match the Euro board. Then you could stick them on the Pac board. Maybe WOTC should supply them by mail, like they did for extra tacs for Japan.

• @WILD:

Maybe someone will come up with black print symbols on a clear sticker to match the Euro board. Then you could stick them on the Pac board. Maybe WOTC should supply them by mail, like they did for extra tacs for Japan.

That would be nice.

• I know IL made some convoy markers to glue on the Revised map. I know because I printed them out myself. I’ll see if I can find the link. The only issue with that markers, was he put national icons on them, and that dont fit with the new convoy rule system.

• The AAP40 rule book is now online at WotC. Print convoy and kamikaze symbols from the rule book and either glue or tape to the board.

• @skinny1:

The AAP40 rule book is now online at WotC.

Where?  I’m not seeing them on the http://www.wizards.com downloads page- just the previous versions.

• Official Q&A

@ComradeKev:

@skinny1:

Where?  I’m not seeing them on the http://www.wizards.com downloads page- just the previous versions.

It’s on the AAP40 Product Page.

• @Krieghund:

@ComradeKev:

@skinny1:

It’s on the AAP40 Product Page.

Better late than never.  :|

• Not sure why I didn’t think of it before but the kamikaze markers that came with the game can be scanned and cut then taped to the board to make them easier to see.

• @skinny1:

Not sure why I didn’t think of it before but the kamikaze markers that came with the game can be scanned and cut then taped to the board to make them easier to see.

You could also print out several copies of the page in the rulebook since the pdf is available now.  You could also do that with the convoy logo as well, and then paste that on the board.  They won’t have the nice blue background, but at least you’ll be able to see them.

• @skinny1:

The AAP40 rule book is now online at WotC. Print convoy and kamikaze symbols from the rule book and either glue or tape to the board.

@ogoptimus:

@skinny1:

Not sure why I didn’t think of it before but the kamikaze markers that came with the game can be scanned and cut then taped to the board to make them easier to see.

You could also print out several copies of the page in the rulebook since the pdf is available now.  You could also do that with the convoy logo as well, and then paste that on the board.  They won’t have the nice blue background, but at least you’ll be able to see them.

I already implied that earlier in the thread. I wouldn’t print out several pages of the rule book though. I would just print the page that I need, cut out the convoy and kamikaze boxes and then scan them and make copies that way. Save a lot of ink that way.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m