• I am writing a story for my website and I need to know about the Middle East, I got Africa, Europe east and west, Asia, Pacific all covered I just have no idea about anything in the Middle East so could you maybe help me

Please  :-)

• The people who live there are all player haters.(jk)

Oh you mean in terms of WW2 history?

The UK invaded  Iraq in May 1941 because a group pro-nazi generals had taken over. UK also needed Iraq as a base to attack Axis French cotrolled Syria. Helped by the Free French the Allies invaded and conquered Syria in June 1942 and about 1,000 died on each side.

Guderian writes that Hitler considered basing German aircraft and landing German troops in Syria.

The Soveits and UK invaded Iran at about this time for similiar reasons. and if you have covered Africa then you know all about the fighting in Egypt.

I cant think of any other major events except for the Tehran Confrence in late 1943 in which the Big Three met for the first time.

• thats the cliffnotes. version…But for the most part it will be difficult to find a “neutral” point of view

• @Emperor_Taiki:

The people who live there are all player haters.(jk)

Oh you mean in terms of WW2 history?

The UK invaded  Iraq in May 1941 because a group pro-nazi generals had taken over. UK also needed Iraq as a base to attack Axis French cotrolled Syria. Helped by the Free French the Allies invaded and conquered Syria in June 1942 and about 1,000 died on each side.

Guderian writes that Hitler considered basing German aircraft and landing German troops in Syria.

The Soveits and UK invaded Iran at about this time for similiar reasons. and if you have covered Africa then you know all about the fighting in Egypt.

I cant think of any other major events except for the Tehran Confrence in late 1943 in which the Big Three met for the first time.

Thanks, but did you mean UK and USSR together?

• @Dylan:

Thanks, but did you mean UK and USSR together?

Yah, the Soviets took the north and the UK the south.

• What’s your web site.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m