• this qualifies for all the games i just am too lazy to look it up right now, like is it a fighter can drop 2 infantry or just…… I don’t know (i know it’s kind of a house rule, but a common one and it is used in 50AA)

• AA50 is the only game I’ve played where planes can carry infantry. It’s a technology and only a bomber can carry one infantry, provided it’s from the same territory the bomber started in and the bomber can’t pass over enemy territory to get to the territory being attacked.

• @Fleetwood:

AA50 is the only game I’ve played where planes can carry infantry. It’s a technology and only a bomber can carry one infantry, provided it’s from the same territory the bomber started in and the bomber can’t pass over enemy territory to get to the territory being attacked.

I’ll play that way then  :-)

• Aw GOODNESS this brings back NIGHTMARES. That is, nightmares that I had when I played as Italy and watched the US 101st airborne pummel the living crap out of EVERYTHING.

The actual rule is that bombers can act as transports for a single infantry. You’ve no idea how INSANE that tech is combined with Long Range Aircraft & Heavy Bombers. Japan and Italy were taken just by a few bombers.

[EDIT] Dan’s got it right. For a spin on the rule, for dropping units by going through hostile territories, you can allow yourself to pass through, but every unit in the hostile territory gets a shot at your bomber ;). Given certain situations, I would certainly love to do that sometime.

• ? hows that possible? they cant attack AND deploy infantry.

• They can how I understand it. Bombers transport infantry and can attack in the same engagement.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

? hows that possible? they cant attack AND deploy infantry.

Page 12 of the Rulebook: “Paratroopers. (…) The bomber may still attack during the conduct combat phase but may not perform a strategic bombing run in a turn that transports an infantry unit”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m