• I want to know if I’m alone here… but given (in my opinion) the clear Japanese bias in this game - one thing stands out to me.

If Japan takes India, New South Wales, and/or Hawaii they get a 5 IPC bonus to their income.  So why not give the allies the same thing?  What I’m saying is that those locations shouldn’t be any more strategically important for the Japanese than the Allies.  So if it were up to me I’d add a national objective for UK, ANZAC, and USA.

Do you guys think that would be too powerful?  Anyone have any other ideas about how to balance the game out?

• why should you get a bonus for owning your own capital?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

why should you get a bonus for owning your own capital?

Why should an occupying power generate more wealth from a territory than it would if it were independent, unless they turned the population into slaves…

• What we have done in our games is players bid for Japan and the money goes to the Brits.  3 or 4 extra inf in Kwang or a trany in india causes Japan a whole lot of problems in the long run.  In the couple of games we have played with the bid Japan has lost……  Even without the bid Allies can still win, the 8 dollar Japan advantage after China and Brit fall isnt much,  US and ANZAC have to start setting up for a counter from the start.  A well placed destroyer (midway) can get the us navy down to ANZAC for a turn without risking HON.

• to the victor go the spoils. invading armies dont have the same scope of morality when taking another nations homeland. (e.g. its not in my backyard and thus its not my problem) idk…

• @dakgoalie38:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Why should an occupying power generate more wealth from a territory than it would if it were independent, unless they turned the population into slaves…

NOs represent political/economic conditions that have no strict military basis and so don’t “naturally” fit in the military game mechanic of A&A.  The Japanese people would have gotten a great morale boost from taking over a critical Allied city like Calcutta, Sydney, or Honolulu.  The Allies don’t get a boost from holding them because that doesn’t boost morale or give any sort of economic or political advantage from keeping those cities that they already had.  The Japanese would have had a great political playing card if they had been able to capture any of these cities.

NOs tied specifically to a capital are kind of redundant anyway as the power would no longer collect any income once the capital is taken.

• @SAS:

@dakgoalie38:

@idk_iam_swiss:

NOs represent political/economic conditions that have no strict military basis and so don’t “naturally” fit in the military game mechanic of A&A.  The Japanese people would have gotten a great morale boost from taking over a critical Allied city like Calcutta, Sydney, or Honolulu.  The Allies don’t get a boost from holding them because that doesn’t boost morale or give any sort of economic or political advantage from keeping those cities that they already had.  The Japanese would have had a great political playing card if they had been able to capture any of these cities.

NOs tied specifically to a capital are kind of redundant anyway as the power would no longer collect any income once the capital is taken.

Except NO’s from a capital can’t by convoy raided e.g. the extra 40 for the US is actually a NO

• @SAS:

Exactly.  What he said.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m