• A quick question on transport rules in regard to loading and offloading infantry. For example as the UK on UK1 is it legal to pick up the inf/arm on GBR and land on Nwy in one move, or does the UK have to wait till UK2 because the UK is attempting to land in a hostile territory?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, thores1004!

You can do it all in one move.

• yes it works but i have a question. can u blitz through a territory with a tank after it has been unloaded? also can u amphibious assualt the spot, destroy all the units(by amphibious assault) and then unload and blitz through?

• @3rdReich1221:

yes it works but i have a question. can u blitz through a territory with a tank after it has been unloaded? also can u amphibious assualt the spot, destroy all the units(by amphibious assault) and then unload and blitz through?

No on both counts.  Once a unit has unloaded it can no longer move to another space (unless to retreat to a territory where units came from in the same attack), and all combat moves are considered to take place simultaneously so you cannot blitz through a territory that you have to fight for.

• @Rorschach:

@3rdReich1221:

yes it works but i have a question. can u blitz through a territory with a tank after it has been unloaded? also can u amphibious assualt the spot, destroy all the units(by amphibious assault) and then unload and blitz through?

No on both counts.  Once a unit has unloaded it can no longer move to another space (unless to retreat to a territory where units came from in the same attack), and all combat moves are considered to take place simultaneously so you cannot blitz through a territory that you have to fight for.

Actually, if even 1 land units comes via transport, you can’t retreat

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Rorschach:

@3rdReich1221:

Just re-reading the rules and looking for clarification via FAQ’s and Errata this seems a sticky situation.

It seems (From what I can find) that if you have a combined Land/Amphibious assault, you are to keep the land and amphibious units separated as the LAND units can retreat.  I can’t seem to find any clarification to state otherwise (although I could have sworn i recently read you could retreat all units as long as some were from the land but for the life of me can’t remember where).

The rules state “Keep the attacking overland land units and seaborne land units separated on the battle board.  Attacking seaborne units cannot retreat.  Attacking overland units and aircraft can retreat.  All attacking overland land units must retreat together as a group.  They can only retreat to where at least one of them originated.”

ALTHOUGH … this isn’t what the original question was anyway (but probably good to clarify nonetheless).

• @Rorschach:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Rorschach:

@3rdReich1221:

Just re-reading the rules and looking for clarification via FAQ’s and Errata this seems a sticky situation.

It seems (From what I can find) that if you have a combined Land/Amphibious assault, you are to keep the land and amphibious units separated as the LAND units can retreat.  I can’t seem to find any clarification to state otherwise (although I could have sworn i recently read you could retreat all units as long as some were from the land but for the life of me can’t remember where).

The rules state “Keep the attacking overland land units and seaborne land units separated on the battle board.  Attacking seaborne units cannot retreat.  Attacking overland units and aircraft can retreat.  All attacking overland land units must retreat together as a group.  They can only retreat to where at least one of them originated.”

ALTHOUGH … this isn’t what the original question was anyway (but probably good to clarify nonetheless).

You’re right; I mistakenly thought it was the same as 42 and P40(just to make sure, in 42 and P40, can attacking land units from an adj. territory retreat from an amphib assult?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Rorschach:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Rorschach:

@3rdReich1221:

You’re right; I mistakenly thought it was the same as 42 and P40(just to make sure, in 42 and P40, can attacking land units from an adj. territory retreat from an amphib assult?

I just read my rulebooks for both, and I was wrong: land-originating land units can retreat

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m