• Rorschach,
    it looks like you have 3D terrain (uneven surface), so are you planning a plexi overlay to play on. Will the tt boarders/names & sz be on the map, or on the overlay?

• @WILD:

Rorschach,
    it looks like you have 3D terrain (uneven surface), so are you planning a plexi overlay to play on. Will the tt boarders/names & sz be on the map, or on the overlay?

I do have a 3D terrain on there!  I am planning a glass overlay (I was going to do plexi, but I found a full sheet of glass for free that can be cut to size instead!).

I was originally thinking of putting the borders on the glass/plexi, but I have flip-flopped several times on that issue.  The maps highest points will be touching the glass itself, so it won’t be a great distance (the entire thickness from low-point to high-point on the map is only 1/4 inch).  And if I put the borders on the glass, that removes the possibility of using it as an all-purpose game table without having a separate piece of glass/plexi as well.

So, I havn’t fully decided yet.  I’m going to finish painting the map first.  ;)

• Thanks that’s what I thought about the terrain. Nice job so far. Maybe you could put the boarders, and such on the underside of the glass, so they won’t wear off. I would consider a second sheet to go over the whole thing for multi use. Maybe a felt covered sheet of wood, to 2nd as a Texas Hold-em table. That way you could also leave the AA game set-up under it.

• It looks like one big desert. Are you going to paint in the different terrain types?

• @Brain:

It looks like one big desert. Are you going to paint in the different terrain types?

Yessir.  One colour at a time … I’m still getting used to the airbrush (it’s been 20 years since I used one).

• Customizer

what you need is some way to change what maps you are playing, quickly and easily, without any chance of damaging the maps, etc.

the only option i can think of is to put a big lcd under the table, hooked up to a little laptop with pictures of the maps, etc.

i guess you could also have laminated maps that slide in and out of glass sheets…

• @Veqryn:

what you need is some way to change what maps you are playing, quickly and easily, without any chance of damaging the maps, etc.

the only option i can think of is to put a big lcd under the table, hooked up to a little laptop with pictures of the maps, etc.

Yea I can see it now, honey I have to mount the 73 inch plasma tv from the living room under this table I spent 2 years building so I can play that game you like so much. :-D

• @cminke:

i love your table but try not to steel the tread! :oops: :-D
    jonny have you bien working on the table resenntly?

Yeah, like I said, I don’t want to take away from the thread … just figured i’d throw something in there since it’s been a while since the origonal poster updated.

I’m not making any more updates on mine here … I’ll post more when I’m done, in my own thread, in the appropriate sub-board.

• '10

Dice tower finished today, pictures tomorrow

• '10

here are some more pics, not finished yet

IMG_0354.JPG

• '10

more

IMG_0353.JPG

• '10

the chip holders, one on each side

IMG_0355.JPG

• '10

the tower, i think this turned out awsome

IMG_0356.JPG

• '10

another shot of the tower

IMG_0357.JPG

• Customizer

i love how you put felt in them, that is a really awesome touch.
    now just try not to spill soft drinks and beer on them and its good

• Customizer

That is remarkable work!  :-o

Great job!

Sooooo jealous!

• I am drooling, that is heavenly, uncle Sam.

• OMG! that is really nice. Takes it to a whole new level. I would prefer that you paint the insert ( bottom) slate Grey for aesthetics, plus you might just play on one map, while the wood shown looks less appealing. ( perhaps even a felt surface–-  again Grey)

• Looking very nice!

• '10

I would prefer that you paint the insert ( bottom) slate Grey for aesthetics, plus you might just play on one map, while the wood shown looks less appealing. ( perhaps even a felt surface

I agree.  I will do something. Probably too late for suede or felt.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m