• Submarines:  Can they attack other subs without a destroyer? It seems like that is not a legal attack.

BlitzKrieg:  Ok say you (German Player) have a front of 10 tanks in West Russia with 20 inf.  Novosibirsk is unoccupied.  The russians have a sizable force on Russia (territory) to defend your attack.  So you send in 9 Tanks all your inf to attack.  You win (as the G’s).  Now can your 1 tank that hasn’t moved blitz through Russia (friendly zone now) and capture Novosibirsk as well?

I’m guessing that its not legal but we are trying to iron that out.

SO not sure if this is an retarded idea.  However, we didn’t like subs not being able to attack other subs.  So our rules of engagements are as follows.  If you want to attack an enemy sub you first have to spot it.  This is determined by rolling a 4 5 or 6.  If you do spot it then you caught them by surprise on the surface.  Then you can attack.  However, the defending sub has an option to defend at “1” or try to submerge and disappear by rolling a 1 2 3.  50% chance vs defending at 16% chance.  If the attack fails and the other sub doesn’t submerge successfully you repeat till the subs are destroyed or the defending sub evades.  Of course the attacker can decide to retreat as well.  I have an alternative rule but i figure i run this one by what do you guys think?

• @FearlessLeader:

Submarines:  Can they attack other subs without a destroyer? It seems like that is not a legal attack.

You can attack them but since submarines can always submerge before any shots are fired if an enemy destroyer isn’t present the most likely result is that the defending sub will simply submerge to escape battle.

BlitzKrieg:  Ok say you (German Player) have a front of 10 tanks in West Russia with 20 inf.  Novosibirsk is unoccupied.  The russians have a sizable force on Russia (territory) to defend your attack.  So you send in 9 Tanks all your inf to attack.  You win (as the G’s).  Now can your 1 tank that hasn’t moved blitz through Russia (friendly zone now) and capture Novosibirsk as well?

I’m guessing that its not legal but we are trying to iron that out.

That move is illegal. You can only take enemy territories during the combat move and combat phases.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m