Table Tactics releasing new line in June

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

I received a sample of the new pieces…

These are not in AA scale and are closer to Jeff’s The War Game: World War Two.

I estimate them to be about 85% larger than AA pieces ( tanks)

Also, the sprue they came on has really thick connecting supports and will prove very hard to remove the pieces.

Additionally they all have some round ‘hole’ on the side and the detail is not better than AA pieces.

FMG will be the only one who will get it right it seems. These new Table Tactics pieces seem like they are catered more for M44 or another game/market.

Man, that’s really a bummer… Why would he make them different from the old stuff? I don’t get it. His sprues were always a bit tricky anyway. Darn, I was really looking forward to adding this to OOB and FMG.  :cry:

• @Imperious:

I received a sample of the new pieces…
    These are not in AA scale and are closer to Jeff’s The War Game: World War Two.
    I estimate them to be about 85% larger than AA pieces ( tanks)
    Also, the sprue they came on has really thick connecting supports and will prove very hard to remove the pieces.
    Additionally they all have some round ‘hole’ on the side and the detail is not better than AA pieces.
    FMG will be the only one who will get it right it seems. These new Table Tactics pieces seem like they are catered more for M44 or another game/market.

Can you post some pictures?

• Huge bummer - he did a really good job with his other pieces - surprised he messed up so bad here…

• Well they will work with World War Two: The wargame. IN that game all the pieces are German, so now you got some variation.

The smaller tanks like Matildas and Stuarts are closer to AA in size. I guess you could used them for ‘Heavy tanks’

Can you post some pictures?

I don’t have permission to do this. I will ask. As i knew long before the infantry are terrible…. :cry: I just have no idea what he was thinking when he decided on that.

He caters to AA players, then goes ahead and makes new pieces that are not remotely compatible with AA. At least FMG has nothing to worry about.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Just to keep everybody informed, Jack posted this on facebook:

Table Tactics: “Should be shooting the British & German production pieces in less then 2 weeks. Followed by the Italian & Americans 2 weeks after.”

• Sad to hear they wont set nicely with AA units! not too fond of the “gun unit” either.
    Thoes426 :evil:

• This line of products will not be successful…I have no idea why so many people make the same mistake. Jeff who made The War Game: World War Two had its minis made by Pegasus hobbies and i knew when i saw the prototypes the size would be an issue because they are not compatible with AA. The whole point is to make them smaller so they fit on the map and are in scale with what people use over many years. Such a simple concept that they never seem to realize. Then in this case he makes these ‘guns’ as representative as infantry? Terrible idea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m