Seperation for Naval and Land Air forces.

• “Feel Free to move this thread to the house rules”

What do you guys think about separating land air forces from naval air forces? 
    For example, all the aircraft that start out on carriers (TAC bombers and Fighters) are Naval air units which can operate on carriers.  The Naval units can also operate on land, but the Land units cannot operate on carriers reflecting the special training required for fleet air operations.  I don’t see any reason to make them cost any different, although if one did I suppose the naval variety ought to be pricier since it is more versatile. 
    This might help keep Japan from getting such an advantage in air power since they would no longer be able to throw down carrier after carrier for defense in later turns, but would now need to build the naval air forces required.
    Just a thought.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@spectre_04:

“Feel Free to move this thread to the house rules”

What do you guys think about separating land air forces from naval air forces? 
    For example, all the aircraft that start out on carriers (TAC bombers and Fighters) are Naval air units which can operate on carriers.  The Naval units can also operate on land, but the Land units cannot operate on carriers reflecting the special training required for fleet air operations.  I don’t see any reason to make them cost any different, although if one did I suppose the naval variety ought to be pricier since it is more versatile. 
    This might help keep Japan from getting such an advantage in air power since they would no longer be able to throw down carrier after carrier for defense in later turns, but would now need to build the naval air forces required.
    Just a thought.

I sort of planned to do this when painting my pieces. Although, for fairness, I usually let either side exchange one for the other for free. I just don’t like seeing P-38s on carriers.  :mrgreen:

• I just don’t like seeing P-38s on carriers.

I am with you on that, unless of course they are cargo.

• It would be interesting, I will give you that.

• What would be the point? Plus, Harris gave Japan so many planes for a reason.

• Well, you could ask what the point is for any house rules.  In this case it is added realism, if you refer to my initial post.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m