• Why do I have 119 views and no posts

• Here’s a reply!

I like to take on the Japanese at the Carolines, myself.

• US have one job in this game, and that is to take Iwo and Okinava as soon the war is rolling, and this is rewarded with 7 extra IPC because it is what actually happened in the real war. So basically the game mechanic favours this kind of play. So if you wanna win, forget Tommy and go to kill the Tricky Nipper.

Step by step:
    Lets assume if Japan move all navy and airforce against India to do a crushing J1 attack, and only defend Japan with the new purchases, then you must:

T1: Move all navy to Hawaii
    T2: Move all navy to Iwo Jima and occupie it.
    T3: Move tranny with inf/tank to attack Okinava, build an Airbase on Iwo and land a lot of fighters there.
    T4: Build Airbase on Okinava and Naval Base on Iwo.
    T5: Take Korea.
    T6: Build factory in Korea, and by now you propably get my drift, man.

• @Razor:

US have one job in this game, and that is to take Iwo and Okinava as soon the war is rolling, and this is rewarded with 7 extra IPC because it is what actually happened in the real war. So basically the game mechanic favours this kind of play. So if you wanna win, forget Tommy and go to kill the Tricky Nippon.

Step by step:
    Lets assume if Japan move all navy and airforce against India to do a crushing J1 attack, and only defend Japan with the new purchases, then you must:

T3: Move tranny with inf/tank to attack Okinava, build an Airbase on Iwo and land a lot of fighters there.

First of all, what should the US build if using this strategy?
    Second, can’t Japan leave ~5 fighters or tacs to scramble from Japan?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

As I said, US need to build one Airbase on Iwo and one on Okinava, and a Naval Base on Iwo, and of course they need to build lots of fighters that can scramble from this airbases, and they also need to build one tranny each turn, if they want to bring the war to the enemy.

Oh, the Tricky Nipper cant leave 5 fighters in Japan if they want to kill India before J3. I assume evarybodu know this.

• @Razor:

@calvinhobbesliker:

As I said, US need to build one Airbase on Iwo and one on Okinava, and a Naval Base on Iwo, and of course they need to build lots of fighters that can scramble from this airbases, and they also need to build one tranny each turn, if they want to bring the war to the enemy.

Oh, the Tricky Nipper cant leave 5 fighters in Japan if they want to kill India before J3. I assume evarybodu know this.

What if they do a more moderate crush that takes more than 3 turns and thus allows for Japan to build tanks at a MiIC ?

• I like building up an airforce consisting of mainly bombers (buying 1 bomber each turn for 3-5 turns) with a few fighters thrown in once you can afford it and sending them to Australia once war is declared while slowly building up a navy that will eventually start island hoping starting with Okinawa and Iwo Jima.  This slows the India crush, helps UK hold the DEI and makes the Japanese player think twice before moving his navy to the south pacific.  Once Japan has lost those expensive carriers, their islands are easy prey.

• @Razor:

US have one job in this game, and that is to take Iwo and Okinava as soon the war is rolling, and this is rewarded with 7 extra IPC because it is what actually happened in the real war. So basically the game mechanic favours this kind of play. So if you wanna win, forget Tommy and go to kill the Tricky Nipper.

Step by step:

Japan can hit the fleet in Iwo with fleets in Japan, Carolines, and the Philippines

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Razor:

US have one job in this game, and that is to take Iwo and Okinava as soon the war is rolling, and this is rewarded with 7 extra IPC because it is what actually happened in the real war. So basically the game mechanic favours this kind of play. So if you wanna win, forget Tommy and go to kill the Tricky Nipper.

Step by step:

Japan can hit the fleet in Iwo with fleets in Japan, Carolines, and the Philippines

You gotta admit though, its damn well ambitious.

I personally concentrate wolf-packs of American submarines and aircraft, attack any fleet stationed there within that triangle-defensive perimeter, then use the surface American fleet to sweep.

• I use what Vareel calls the chain strategy: I move all ships build at San Francisco to Pearl to Queensland. All Bmrs can fly directly to queens from WUS and other planes stage in Hawaii. From Queens, I can threaten the DEI, and the Philippines. Planes on Queens can hit the Carolines SZ and land in New Guinea, they can hit the Java SZ and land in sum, especially if the British DD and CC blocked Sum. If my opponent leaves the caro open, I take it with just one tr(no other ships if they can counterattack). You should also try to capture Iwo from Hawaii because, if you control Iwo, Bombers in WUS can hit the Sea of Japan and land in Iwo, preventing them from having to stage in Hawaii or Caro. This also may surprise some, like the Japanese transport move from SZ6-1, invading Alaska and British Colombia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m