• Is this a correct interpretation of the placement of units with China:

China can place units in any of their territories including ones that were just taken over by Japan that turn?

• change the “by” to “from” and the statement would be correct.

• Okay, so you can place units if you take a territory back from Japan, but you cannot place units in territories where Japan just captured, correct?

• That’s right.

• @Piazza2425:

Okay, so you can place units if you take a territory back from Japan, but you cannot place units in territories where Japan just captured, correct?

So if Japan move 4 infantry, two art and a tank into Hunan wich have a chinese sign, do you really want to place one of your new chinese infantry in there ? Seriously, even if you could ? Let says territories was treated like seazones, you had friendly territories and hostile territories, and you place your man in a hostile territory during “mobilize new units phase” exactely what is it you want to accomplish ?

• Um the rulebook is pretty clear on this and there is no exception to China, YOU CAN’T place units in an enemy territory.  You can only place units in your own territory which you had at the start of your turn or, as China, you can place units in “freshly taken back territory from Japan”.  I have no idea where you guys are getting that you can place units in enemy territory that is still in the hands of the enemy but you can’t do that.

• @Razor:

@Piazza2425:

Okay, so you can place units if you take a territory back from Japan, but you cannot place units in territories where Japan just captured, correct?

So if Japan move 4 infantry, two art and a tank into Hunan wich have a chinese sign, do you really want to place one of your new chinese infantry in there ? Seriously, even if you could ? Let says territories was treated like seazones, you had friendly territories and hostile territories, and you place your man in a hostile territory during “mobilize new units phase” exactely what is it you want to accomplish ?

I know its not allowed but, I could think of only one reason. You sacrifice the one Chinese inf so Japan cant blitz tanks/mech through it from an adjacent tt to attack you (one path in).  Jap tanks would have to enter, stop and fight your one guy. It would be a good stalling tactic.

Example: Say Jap takes Yunnan, China places its one inf on Yunnan on its turn W/Jap units. Now on Jap turn the Jap tanks from Hunan can’t blitz to Burma, because they have to deal w/the one China inf in Yunnan (an attack).
    I’m not arguing for this to happen (it would not be horrible for game play) just saying what if. Maybe Piazza had an hidden motive.

• The infantry road block tactic is wonderful and no one here is denying that, just that one poster made a comment about placing units in territory that Japan just took before China, kinda like thinking of them as seazones as mentioned above.  I agree that it would be ridiculous if you could do that on land, and the rules are clear, you place them in your own territory controlled at the beginning of your turn that has a factory or in China’s case, any territory you control at the end of your turn.

• Hm interesting because both my wife and I read the rule book, and both interpreted that part the same way.  Guess we need to read it again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m