Japanese take over america in 3 turns?

• Maybe someone can enlighten me on this matter. I was playing the other day with my friend and we think we found a way to take over the US in 3 turns. We want to make sure that we aren’t missing something here.
    First Japan buys 3 transports and artillery. Next Japan loads up 2 infantry and a tank and artillery from Japan on its two transports and moves everything it has to season 1 right below Alaska. Then drop of 1 troop and tank in Alaska and 1 troop and 1 artillery in British Colombia. Next do Pearl Harbor with the ships in the Canary Islands mainly just to kill the planes there so they can help defend the US. Also move all available scattered fighters to Japan. Then end the turn.
    The US will only get to spend 17 dollars its first turn even though Japan put it into war I think? Correct me if I’m wrong here. They spent it however they want. They can’t take over Alaska again because the navy in sea zone 1 is too much for the US to fight against and the troops in British Colombia are making it so the US can’t bring over any land units to take over Alaska again.
    Then on japans next turn they fly over all of their planes, all 20+ of them and land them in Alaska, bring over the newly bought transports loaded with whatever is left on Japan and bring them into sea zone 1 along with the submarine, destroyer, cruiser from sea zone 19 that you moved to japans sea zone last turn. Take the navy that was in sea zone 1 and attack the rest of the US navy. Doesn’t matter what Japan buys at this point because the US should fall next turn.
    Now the US will get 57 dollars to defend with but it probably won’t be enough. So it doesn’t matter what they buy.
    On japans third turn you take all 20+ of your planes, what’s left of your land forces you have from the 5 transports your brought over and make a amphibious assault on the US. The Japanese should win this and take over the US.
    Let me know if this makes since to people and I’m free to debate about it. I’m hoping we missed something so you can’t actually do this because if you can the game is almost pointless because the Japanese will roll from there more than likely. But let me know what you guys think.

• Unless you block the route SZ 2 w/a DD, the US fleet can move there to access Alaska. You can’t attack Hawaii w/ the planes on the carrier, they’re too far away.  So those planes, along w/ 4 ANZAC fighters move to Hawaii and then WUS. US builds 5 inf on 1st turn, 9 tanks and an infantry the next turn. With an AA gun, good luck with that. Meanwhile, the Allies can easily take the DEI since the IJN is occupied, and Asia will most likely fall. Even if you capture WUS, you only get 10 IPC’s.

• America, if you declare war on J1, will have 57 IPCs US1. The 40 IPCs from being at war with Japan come in as soon as war starts. I too was unsure of this, but I read the FAQ, which clarified the matter.

• @hewhoisnickel:

America, if you declare war on J1, will have 57 IPCs US1. The 40 IPCs from being at war with Japan come in as soon as war starts. I too was unsure of this, but I read the FAQ, which clarified the matter.

They get the extra 40 at the end of their turn when they collect income. Thus, they still only have 17 to purchase stuff on the 1st turn

• Yeah the issue hear being, even if you take the western US, you have pretty much lost the rest of the board and are letting China and UK do a 1 2 punch on you.  The reward for taking out just the US is not worth the risk of losing all your mainland Asia holdings and the risk of crippling your navy and airforce.  Taking out USA doesn’t guarantee a victory, it just knocks out 1 player.  It really doesn’t make it worth while going only after the USA.

• @Gharen:

Yeah the issue hear being, even if you take the western US, you have pretty much lost the rest of the board and are letting China and UK do a 1 2 punch on you.  The reward for taking out just the US is not worth the risk of losing all your mainland Asia holdings and the risk of crippling your navy and airforce.  Taking out USA doesn’t guarantee a victory, it just knocks out 1 player.  It really doesn’t make it worth while going only after the USA.

I’m not sure I agree, but a prepared US player can successfully defend against this strategy.

Please refer to these threads, listed in order of appearance:

Kill USA First
    J1–>Alaska; J3 Game Over.
    rethink of USA capture

With that said, that doesn’t mean this strategy isn’t worthwhile pursuing later in the game if the opportunity arises.  As a matter of fact, I’m about to go invade San Fran right now

• Dang, Calvin, you’re right. I reread the FAQ. I sincerely apologize for my mistake!

I finally realize why it’s been SO HARD to win as Japan for me. Unfortunately, now the scales may tip completely the other way… >_>

• Thanks for all the info about this. Now I just have 2 more questions I need answered. First, what is the deal with the US and their money increase? Do they get the 40 dollar increase at the end of their first turn if Japan attacks or is it added at the beginning of their first turn if Japan attacks? The second one is directed towards calvinhobbesliker. How come I can’t bring my aircraft carried with its 2 planes with me when I go and attack Hawaii? They start in SZ 33 then the carrier moves 3 spaces into SZ 26 and attacks the transport along with the battleship and every other ship that was in SZ 33. The planes then fly 4 spaces to attack Hawaii and use their 5th move after combat if they live to land on the air craft carrier. Does this sound legit?

• @507pistol:

Thanks for all the info about this. Now I just have 2 more questions I need answered. First, what is the deal with the US and their money increase? Do they get the 40 dollar increase at the end of their first turn if Japan attacks or is it added at the beginning of their first turn if Japan attacks?

The 40 IPC increase comes from a National Objective. You only receive money from NOs during the collect income phase at the end of the country’s turn.

• @507pistol:

Thanks for all the info about this. Now I just have 2 more questions I need answered. First, what is the deal with the US and their money increase? Do they get the 40 dollar increase at the end of their first turn if Japan attacks or is it added at the beginning of their first turn if Japan attacks? The second one is directed towards calvinhobbesliker. How come I can’t bring my aircraft carried with its 2 planes with me when I go and attack Hawaii? They start in SZ 33 then the carrier moves 3 spaces into SZ 26 and attacks the transport along with the battleship and every other ship that was in SZ 33. The planes then fly 4 spaces to attack Hawaii and use their 5th move after combat if they live to land on the air craft carrier. Does this sound legit?

The planes can only move 5 when starting at an airbase… the airbase is on the islands and the planes are in the surrounding sea zone, so it doesn’t gain air movement.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m