Chronically deducing Axis and Allies Pacific & Europe 1940

• I know the title may seem a little vague, for lack of a better words, but since you’re in here anyway, hear me out. I really don’t know if this should be here, or in ‘House Rules’ so please forgive in advance.

I don’t know if any of you do this in your games, but I like to keep some sort of ‘Year Log’ when I play. This event is sequenced by seasons, kind of like how Diplomacy is, but here we have a bit of a twist, with four more seasons added. I’ve developed this system based on the first three turns of the game, which is usually when all things start popping of. Please, examine below;

_Late Winter 1940 - Early Spring 1941  Turn 1

Spring 1941 - Summer 1941 Turn 2

Fall 1941 - Early Winter 1941 Turn 3_

For anyone who wants to ‘spice’ their game up a bit, this is a pretty good way to do so. Simply imagine it, by Turn 14 based upon this system, it would be Spring - Summer 1945. In essence, if you’re the Allies, you could ‘clock’ yourself. Can you do better, or would the war go on a little bit longer?

This also should work for Europe and when both games are combined.  :-)

So, does anyone have any similar dating methods, or questions/suggestions to mine?

• When I first got into these games, one of my friend who had been playing for quite sometime before me stated that each round of turns was roughly 6 months.  I like the idea of keeping track of the years/months to see how things are going, compared to the real war.  I think maybe looking at how long it took, average wise, to produce a mix of combat units (air, land, naval) and building a time frame around that would be a cool idea.  Interesting post though, I haven’t really noticed anyone else talking about something like this.

• I like the idea. This system is perfect if you wanted to add a Russia winter rule or something like that. What do you think.

• Our playgroup has discussed how long a turn might represent and tried to estimate and such, but haven’t really come up with a system for it.  I think this is quite an interesting approach though.

• id like it if a turn represented 3 months
    1 turn to a season
    so that seasonal rules would be simple to implement.

• @finnman:

I like the idea. This system is perfect if you wanted to add a Russia winter rule or something like that. What do you think.

It would be, though I’m personally not a fan of elemental/weather National Advantages, at least in their present incarnation. Yet, if done properly to reflect how volatile, merciless and utterly random Mother Nature is on the battlefield, this could add a another whole degree of strategy to the game.

• @oztea:

id like it if a turn represented 3 months
    1 turn to a season
    so that seasonal rules would be simple to implement.

I see where you’re coming from, in fact, I had the same idea, try to make it simple. However, I honestly didn’t really think of seasonal board changes, I was only going for chronological comparisons.

Really awesome this came up!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m