• I have a question on aircraft that is on defense.  Lets say your in a sea zone that does not contain an island or coast line.  And you have aircraft that are on a carrier that have taken off because they are being attacked.  The defender decides to take a hit on the carrier.  The attacker rolled very poorly on the first round of combat the defender got a couple of hits back.  The attacker decides to retreat from their debacle.  Now the carrier is damaged and the planes can not land on the carrier.  Now in the rules it states that aircraft that are on defense are given one movement to land.  Technically it would cost two movements in order to land.  I’m not sure if this question has been asked before or not.  The last i knew according to revised was that if there was an island or coast line in the neighboring sea zone that it was okay to land even thou it was two movement.  Is it still the old way on landings or has it changed? Thanks for your help on this topic.

  • I movement means one movement. They can not land unless on an island or coast in the same sea zone, or an adjacent carrier.

  • If it was a carrier in adjacent sz i then yes that would one movement.  But for island or coast line it would be two.  At least that is the way it would be on a combat movement or non-combat movement.  But it sounds like in defense they are immune to this only under this circumstance.

  • Official Q&A

    Stranded defending air units get only one space of movement to find a landing space.  They must land in a territory that is adjacent to their sea zone or on a carrier in a sea zone that is adjacent to their sea zone.  This was true in Revised as well.

  • Thanks Krieghund.  But if you were to land in the territory adjacent from the sea zone that you started from wouldn’t that be two movement?  Or is that considered one movement?  If it was just a carrier that you landed on in the adjacent sea zone that would be one movement.

  • Official Q&A

    Moving from a sea zone to an adjacent territory (from sea zone 54 to Queensland, for example) is one movement.  Moving from a sea zone to an island in an adjacent sea zone (from sea zone 54 to Solomon Islands, for example) is two movements.  The former would be legal, and the latter would not.

  • Thank you Krieg for clarifying that for me.  🙂

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys