ABattlemap P40 module v3.2 is here!

• Oddly enough I created a new file to save my map files to and now I can upload them?  I just created a file called P40 and saved my files to that location and for some reason beyond me it worked.  I can open everything just as I have a hundred times before but since I downloaded the new abattlemap file its like they just dont exist when I go to attach it to a post, yet I can go look up the files outside of the A&A.org forumn and there they are like nothing is wrong.  I’m not sure whats wrong but I have found a solution of sorts.

• @Danger:

Oddly enough I created a new file to save my map files to and now I can upload them?  I just created a file called P40 and saved my files to that location and for some reason beyond me it worked.  I can open everything just as I have a hundred times before but since I downloaded the new abattlemap file its like they just dont exist when I go to attach it to a post, yet I can go look up the files outside of the A&A.org forumn and there they are like nothing is wrong.  I’m not sure whats wrong but I have found a solution of sorts.

Glad you got it to work.  The new version of the program wouldn’t be the culprit here… unless the problem is only with files saved using the new program.

• Probably just some file that did not download correctly causing the problem.

• I downloaded the new version of Abattlemap and your P40 module. But, when I open the p40 module, all I get are 3 small windows. How am I supposed to do it?

• Also, when I try to open AAM files, I get gibberish in Notepad since I selected notepad to open AAM files instead of the proper program. Do you know how I can go back to the proper program?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I downloaded the new version of Abattlemap and your P40 module. But, when I open the p40 module, all I get are 3 small windows. How am I supposed to do it?

Did you install the older version ABattlemap .79f before replacing the .exe with the newest version?

@calvinhobbesliker:

Also, when I try to open AAM files, I get gibberish in Notepad since I selected notepad to open AAM files instead of the proper program. Do you know how I can go back to the proper program?

In Windows XP: right-click the .AAM.  Mouse over “Open With”, select “Choose Program…”, check “Always use the selected program…”, and then find or browse for your ABattlemap .EXE and select it.

I am curious - what is your avatar supposed to be?

• I tried opening some P40 game files, and they opened with the classical axis and allies module.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I tried opening some P40 game files, and they opened with the classical axis and allies module.

Right now double-clicking on .AAM files will only open ABattlemap, it will not open the file itself.  To open a properly installed P40 module, you have to use the “New” menu and select “Pacific 1940 v3.1”.  To open a save file, you have to use the “File” menu and select “open”.  Is this the same issue as you were describing before?  Were my other suggestions helpful to you at all?  What have you tried?  If you want to let me know more of what is going on, I will better be able to help you and/or others who may experience the same problems.  Thanks!

• @Stoney229:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I tried opening some P40 game files, and they opened with the classical axis and allies module.

Right now double-clicking on .AAM files will only open ABattlemap, it will not open the file itself.  To open a properly installed P40 module, you have to use the “New” menu and select “Pacific 1940 v3.1”.  To open a save file, you have to use the “File” menu and select “open”.  Is this the same issue as you were describing before?  Were my other suggestions helpful to you at all?  What have you tried?  If you want to let me know more of what is going on, I will better be able to help you and/or others who may experience the same problems.  Thanks!

You told be to open the pacific module with abattlemap.exe, and when I did, that’s what happened

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Stoney229:

@calvinhobbesliker:

You told be to open the pacific module with abattlemap.exe, and when I did, that’s what happened

Not sure what you are saying.  Are you still having trouble with something?

• FYI, I’ve uploaded a newly updated version.  It’s a minor update and is fully compatible with v3.1.

-removed pieces in sz 52
    -included Tutorial 1_0.pdf in download package
    -changed MIC cost from “30” to “30/20”
    -made “USA NO (Oki + Iwo)” income calculation automatic, like most other NOs
    -changed name of “Mechanized Infantry” to “Improved Mechanized Infantry”

As always, let me know if you find any errors, etc.

• Stoney/Anyone - Can someone walk me through the step by step process for installing A&A Europe 1940 battlemap? I’ve played A&A using the battlemaps before but for some reason the install isn’t working for A&A Europe 1940. I’d rather just do a fresh install. So, if you can walk me through that process, I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

• @Commando:

Stoney/Anyone - Can someone walk me through the step by step process for installing A&A Europe 1940 battlemap? I’ve played A&A using the battlemaps before but for some reason the install isn’t working for A&A Europe 1940. I’d rather just do a fresh install. So, if you can walk me through that process, I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

I am not aware of any module anyone has created for AAE40 (yet).  Where are you downloading this module?  Do you mean the Global module?

• Stoney, yes. Whatever players are using to play A&A Europe 1940 and A&A Global online. That is the battlemap I’m looking for. For whatever reason, I’d followed the instructions and can’t get it to load. Can you walk me through the step by step process to get it installed? Thanks VERY much in advance!

• Hi! Stoney, in one week or so, I’ll be free of exams, so I can end the work regarding to G40 module. I’ll probably have time to do also the E40 one. What do you think?

I wonder if we should ask to Attila to solve the problem with the maximun powers to do convoy raid (I mean, AABattlemap engine issue) …

• @Funcioneta:

Hi! Stoney, in one week or so, I’ll be free of exams, so I can end the work regarding to G40 module. I’ll probably have time to do also the E40 one. What do you think?

I wonder if we should ask to Attila to solve the problem with the maximun powers to do convoy raid (I mean, AABattlemap engine issue) …

@Commando:

Stoney, yes. Whatever players are using to play A&A Europe 1940 and A&A Global online. That is the battlemap I’m looking for. For whatever reason, I’d followed the instructions and can’t get it to load. Can you walk me through the step by step process to get it installed? Thanks VERY much in advance!

I’ve replied in the G40 module’s thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m