• no not cost anything.

but damageable

dont need a new unit or thing to worry about.

Thats why i tied it to the factories. Placement points = Redeployment points

Build more factories and you got more infrastructure like rails to move around.

• @Imperious:

no not cost anything.

but damageable

dont need a new unit or thing to worry about.

Thats why i tied it to the factories. Placement points = Redeployment points

Build more factories and you got more infrastructure like rails to move around.

Well like I said, thats too abstract for me. I want too decide which raillines too attack and see how much I have damaged each one. I want to be able to target different fronts, not bomb germany in order to take out railines everywhere.

• Railway = no cost.
    Damageable? Attack from fighter, bomber….
    Naa…
    Artillery and infantry move two spaces during non combat move…
    Simple as that…

• ok modification:

The factory either major or minor you own can move units equal to its current placement capability anywhere with 2 spaces counted from its direction.

So to make a chain of factories: Example- the Soviet player might use the one in karelia which can move two units to another factory located three spaces away and even move a bit further to another 2 spaces away from that.

or if that is too much make it one space allowing the maximum distance to be six spaces if your build the factories with this in mind.

Artillery and infantry move two spaces during non combat move…

This is my original idea, except i like the ability to bomb it or reduce it , just like in the war. Thats what the allies did to Germany before and after D-day

• This is my original idea,
    Ahhhhhhhhhh……are you sure? :-D

i like the ability to bomb it or reduce it , just like in the war. Thats what the allies did to Germany before and after D-day.
    Yes but because germany lost air supremacy over France and Germany.

• ok then your idea. I dont care. :-D

• @crusaderiv:

Railway = no cost.

In the rules I presented many railroads wont have a cost assuming they are added to the initial setup. However some railroads were built during the war like by the Japanese in Burma, so for that you have to pay 6-15 ipc per rail connection. I feel thats just as simple and indeed more interesting than just having rail streagth directly connected to the ICs. How does bombing Japan directly take out railroads in Burma?

• ok new idea:

make these tokens for rail…

each point cost one IPC

each point equals a chip placed under token

each point allows movement of one land unit anywhere you bought these chips along the route.

each time a unit moves you subtract it from the total.

Examples:  you got a 3 point rail stack ( know as A), next to a 4 point stack Known as B), next to a 5 point stack ( known as C)

with this configuration you can move 3 land units from A to C, or 4 units from C to B, or 3 units from B to A.

If the allies bombed B for 2 points under SBR, you could now only move 2 units from C to A

Same rules as the War Game except it costs 1 IPC per point and they can be bombed.

good no good?

• I dont know,

I think it essentialy does the same think as I said above except I think its slightly more confusing and it deviates from how damage is calcuated for other units and facilities.

• I think I would like an actual piece to represent a rail head (as Larry refers to it). I like Razor/Eagle take on RR to be more like an AB/NB. RR should give extra movement to ground units that’s a given. All original IC’s should come w/RR. To take it one step further, each victory city should get one too. After that buy them at 15 ipc’s like the other facilities.

Some issues to over come:

A) Its easy to give inf/art +1 if they start at a RR. Should you be able to use RR to give tanks/mech +1 (3 moves). With the bigger map size it has work well with AB & NB giving extra movement. With that said all ships start w/2 movement, where ground has 1-2.  In Europe there will be a lot more land tt, so a boost to all ground units might be warranted even for tanks. It could also speed up games, but would it give an advantage to one side or the other?

B) Should you be able to use RR in both combat and non combat. Keep in mind you can use AB & NB in both.

C) SBR works just as if you were hitting an AB/NB.

Option: I might go one step further w/SBR allowing you to bomb any tt adjacent to a RR to take away extra movement through that tt (would not change normal movement just +1 in that direction). A stat bmr does a fly by (rolls a dice) place damage chips equal to 1/2 the dice roll rounded down (3 max). If you want to use the RR through that damaged tt pay in your purchase units phase (could be worth getting imp fac tech-1/2 for repairs). You could also place AA guns along the routes you want to take to deter bombings.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m