• Last sunday we had a pretty intense A&A 1942 it took 4 HOURS to start playing before we didnt played in like 8 years me and my old buddies and argue on rules etc… When I went to sleep that night I dreamed that I was arguing about RULES of A&A I kid you not… So im seeking your mighty knowledge of the game please forgive my terrible english. We are planning a game this sunday and I want some clarifications on rules. Thanks in advance

1. Does all sub start the game submerged? or it’s just a defensive move then after the fight the sub does the sub is getting out of the water and can be targeted by planes, by the next player who do attacks?

2. The Wolf Packs Rule
    Wolf packs of U-boats prowled the Atlantic, working together to down Allied convoys. The only sure thing
    about a U-boat was that there always was another nearby.
    If at least three of your submarines make a combat move into a single sea zone, they attack on a 3 (4 if you
    have the Super Submarines development). They may come from different sea zones, but they must attack the
    same sea zone.

If you begin a fight at 3 U-boats you attack at 3, then if 1 U-boats is downed do you still attack @3 the reste of the fight or since there is less than 3 you downgrade the attack to normal.

3.Island Bases
    MacArthur’s forces built many airbases on the islands they conquered. From these bases, they could launch
    attacks deeper into Japanese-held territory.
    When moving your air units, you may treat island groups as part of the sea zones containing them.
    For example, a fighter (move 4) could travel from Hawaii to the East Indies in one turn, assuming your side
    controlled both island groups.

I have no idea what up with that… when we are moving over islands can fighter go around the island?? or it as to pass over it and if there’s a AA the AA attack?

4. Does AA always attack if a aircraft flies over the AA ?

5.Can fighter attack Subs when they are on a Carrier that is been attack by subs? If not what happens to the jet if the carrier is sunk.

6.When bomber attack a complex; roll a dice 4 and under Attack successfull. Do we reroll a dice to know the IPC “damage”?

• Official Q&A

@Lithiume3:

1. Does all sub start the game submerged? or it’s just a defensive move then after the fight the sub does the sub is getting out of the water and can be targeted by planes, by the next player who do attacks?

It’s a defensive move.  Subs submerge in combat, then resurface after noncombat movement on the same turn.

@Lithiume3:

2. The Wolf Packs Rule
    Wolf packs of U-boats prowled the Atlantic, working together to down Allied convoys. The only sure thing
    about a U-boat was that there always was another nearby.
    If at least three of your submarines make a combat move into a single sea zone, they attack on a 3 (4 if you
    have the Super Submarines development). They may come from different sea zones, but they must attack the
    same sea zone.

If you begin a fight at 3 U-boats you attack at 3, then if 1 U-boats is downed do you still attack @3 the reste of the fight or since there is less than 3 you downgrade the attack to normal.

They attack at 3 for the whole battle, even if some are destroyed.

@Lithiume3:

3.Island Bases
    MacArthur’s forces built many airbases on the islands they conquered. From these bases, they could launch
    attacks deeper into Japanese-held territory.
    When moving your air units, you may treat island groups as part of the sea zones containing them.
    For example, a fighter (move 4) could travel from Hawaii to the East Indies in one turn, assuming your side
    controlled both island groups.

I have no idea what up with that… when we are moving over islands can fighter go around the island?? or it as to pass over it and if there’s a AA the AA attack?

If a plane is just passing through the sea zone en route somewhere else, it does not fly over the island.  This NA refers to taking off from and landing on islands.

@Lithiume3:

4. Does AA always attack if a aircraft flies over the AA ?

Yes.

@Lithiume3:

5.Can fighter attack Subs when they are on a Carrier that is been attack by subs? If not what happens to the jet if the carrier is sunk.

Yes, fighters can hit subs.  If the carrier is sunk, the fighters will be able to move one space to land after the battle.  Any land territory that was attacked this turn may not be landed in.  If no landing space is available, they will be lost.

@Lithiume3:

6.When bomber attack a complex; roll a dice 4 and under Attack successfull. Do we reroll a dice to know the IPC “damage”?

You don’t have to roll to hit when doing a strategic bombing raid.  You just roll one die for each surviving bomber and destroy that number of IPCs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m