IL's new KISS AA50 and AA42 House rules 1.1

• If the blockhouse improved all the Units in a territ it could be TOO overpowered.

No its not based on my playtest. If you only got 4 units then only 4 get a boost. Second, it only effects the one coastline your attacking from. Thats why you place them on the border. The border ends when another line ( either by sea zone boundary or land zone boundary cross the line.

Also, its wrecked if the defender loses the battle.

• @Imperious:

No its not based on my playtest.

are you playtesting it On the Spring 1942 board? and are you playtesting it with the other rules you listed or on its own?

@Imperious:

If you only got 4 units then only 4 get a boost. Second, it only effects the one coastline your attacking from. Thats why you place them on the border. The border ends when another line ( either by sea zone boundary or land zone boundary cross the line.

Interesting…… i didnt think of utilizing it only on a single border.  so what your saying is…  If germany builds a blockhouse on the Ukraine border of caucasus… then ALL units in Ukraine get the bonus if attacking from caucasus, NOT west russia, Sea Zone 16 if its an amp assault, Belorussia or Balkans.

that’s interesting.

• are you playtesting it On the Spring 1942 board? and are you playtesting it with the other rules you listed or on its own?

This will have original rules. I can’t playtest it on any board except the one that is meant for it. These rules will only be for this map.

Quote from: Imperious Leader on May 15, 2010, 04:23:58 pm
    If you only got 4 units then only 4 get a boost. Second, it only effects the one coastline your attacking from. Thats why you place them on the border. The border ends when another line ( either by sea zone boundary or land zone boundary cross the line.

Interesting…… i didnt think of utilizing it only on a single border.  so what your saying is…  If germany builds a blockhouse on the Ukraine border of caucasus… then ALL units in Ukraine get the bonus if attacking from caucasus, NOT west russia, Sea Zone 16 if its an amp assault, Belorussia or Balkans.

And that is why its not too powerful. If the attacker comes from other directions the benefit is not applied in those situations. ONLY the border where the fortification is placed effects the defenders. So your not building these all over the place. The places you build them will be in realistic locations and frequently they will be located where they were in the war.

that’s interesting.

• @Imperious:

are you playtesting it On the Spring 1942 board? and are you playtesting it with the other rules you listed or on its own?

This will have original rules. I can’t playtest it on any board except the one that is meant for it. These rules will only be for this map.

Then you haven’t play tested it in conjunction with the rules in the spring 1942 game.  Im assuming you play tested your Entire house rules list… which are cool,  But, your house rules Change ALOT of things in the A&A spring 1942 game, to the point that it is a different game in itself. which apparently needs a different map also, … one that incorporates Italy, and more victory cities.  I was simply trying to ADD to the Spring 1942 game within its rule set, Subtle changes like adding tech Roles and Advantages.

I would love to see an image for the map you play these rules on

• @skinny1:

@Imperious:

ok:

Attacking Shore bombardments go first ( remove loses), if you got no SB, then the Fortification fires
    Fortification fires ( remove loses)
    Remaining attacking units fire
    Defending units fire
    Remove loses

So the fortification fires using two dice at 3 or less for a hit?

If both dice roll 3 or less is it 2 hits? If 1 die roll is 3 or less is it one hit? Or is it that both dice have to be at 3 or less for 1 hit?

• If both dice roll 3 or less is it 2 hits?

yes…

If 1 die roll is 3 or less is it one hit?

yes…

Or is it that both dice have to be at 3 or less for 1 hit?

no…

• @Imperious:

If both dice roll 3 or less is it 2 hits?

yes…

If 1 die roll is 3 or less is it one hit?

yes…

Or is it that both dice have to be at 3 or less for 1 hit?

no…

I wasn’t sure if both die had to be less than 3 in order to get 1 hit. 2 hits on 2 three or less is a good thing. Thanks IL.

• bump

• Have you posted your updated overall house rules for National Objectives/National Advantages/Techs.

I down loaded your KISS AA50, but copies and pasted what I saw for National Objectives and Techs with the tier 4 stuff. Is that all there is, or is there an updated final version somewhere.

Eddie

• These rules use the OOB maps for AA50 and 42. They are current files.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m