Why are there Canadian roundels? A new rule perhaps?

• So you are saying that China and France will be played by an existing power?

• @Brain:

So you are saying that China and France will be played by an existing power?

Almost definitely. 6 players would probable be the max # used in a game of this. Unless you have a good group that can have fun and participate actively even if only given a power that dies after the first turn.

• @The:

@Brain:

So you are saying that China and France will be played by an existing power?

Almost definitely. 6 players would probable be the max # used in a game of this. Unless you have a good group that can have fun and participate actively even if only given a power that dies after the first turn.

Well I still only like a 2 player game anyway cause I am kind of a control freak when I play games. So for me playing China or France would probably be okay because then I wouldn’t care as much knowing I am not gonna last long.

• According to Larry Harris himself, the Canadian dream is dead. Except in the never-never-land of house rules. He says:

Canadian roundels in this game are more about recognition of the contributions this particular corner of the world provided to the Allied efforts during World War II. I also wanted to demonstrate their degree of independence from Great Britain. The power is way too small to hold the attention, or provide an interesting game for a single dedicated player. At the same time the UK would be seriously disadvantaged if it was not receiving these Canadian IPCs. To sum it up… The Canadian roundels are all about…“Recognition” – “Acknowledgment”.

On a more unofficial note… With the existing of dedicated Canadian territories (roundels) there is oh so much room for some Canadian house rules here. I think all units produced in these Canadian territories should have a Canadian roundel placed under them. It would be both fun and interesting to watch their particular progress across the battlefields of Europe and the Pacific.

If you have some ideas on any special features that can be assigned to this power (Canada) send them along. Maybe we can together make some new rules. They would be totally unofficial of course, but still, perhaps with my endorsement you’d find such rules somewhat more “official” and acceptable. I mean come on… you could always point out to your friends that the designer of the game thinks this or that rule is … Ok to play with. In other words, the designer agrees that they can fit into the over all game system and not instigate a drag, unbalancing, or some other negative aspect.

Put this on while you give your salute and shed tears of bitter disappointment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDvF0NtgdU

• '10

This is already listed on the Europe/Pacific factsheet

• @Make_It_Round:

……while you give your salute and shed tears of bitter disappointment

Who’s shedding tears? We don’t need another country in this game.

• :cry:

• my house rule will allow the UK to preform its collect income phase and purchase units phase from canada the turn after london falls. The UK may only collect canadian IPCs in this way

• :-P

I’m just teasing.  I thought it would be fun to have UK split like that and that it wouldn’t be a bad idea for gameplay, but that’s not the way it’s gone.  But yeah, you’d have to get a lot fatter to have the earth revolve around you, since right now it kinda revolves around this super-massive object called the sun.  :wink:

And apparently the A&A world doesn’t revolve around Canada either, nothing more for it than “recognition”.  Oh well.  I’m sure this way is probably better.  It focuses more on creating more action in the Pacific so that the Allies can’t just ignore Japan altogether.

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

And apparently the A&A world doesn’t revolve around Canada either, nothing more for it than “recognition”.  Oh well.  I’m sure this way is probably better.

Little disappointing but hey, we can use the lime green UK pieces for Canadian units…and that’s good enough “recognition” for me.  :-D

• @adam.hall:

@SilverAngelSurfer:

And apparently the A&A world doesn’t revolve around Canada either, nothing more for it than “recognition”.  Oh well.  I’m sure this way is probably better.

Little disappointing but hey, we can use the lime green UK pieces for Canadian units…and that’s good enough “recognition” for me.  :-D

I say use the Red pieces from the original Pacific game.

• We use the lime green units (ftr & art) for China, they match the Chinese color pretty good.
    I guess that we could use the limies for Canada too, but it would be just to track their movement, not as a separate power.
    I like the house rule that allows Canada to be the acting UK capital, if London falls. Giving Canada only the ipc’s w/Canadian roundel to continue the fight.

If you do this though I would think you should also do some thing along the same lines for Germany. Germany will have 3 home tt, E Germany (Berlin capital), W Germany (major IC ?), and S Germany (IC ?). As a house rule if E Germany falls, allow the Germans to continue fighting from its other home IC’s w/income it gets from W & S Germany. You would need to work out if Berlin hands over all German ipc’s to the victor, or holds a reserve equal to the value of W & S Germany for start up capital. Basically you would have to take all 3 German home tt to knock them out.

• Where are you getting your lime green pieces?

• TripleA

@Brain:

Where are you getting your lime green pieces?

from revised edition.

i too use the lime green for china fighter and artillery. the colour is very similar to chinese units.

• I’ll have to check next time I go to my storage unit. I seem to remember lime green US Marines in the old A&A Pacific, but that was only infantry.

• '10

I’ll have to check next time I go to my storage unit. I seem to remember lime green US Marines in the old A&A Pacific, but that was only infantry

in some boxes of Revised, the United Kingdom came in lime green.  My set came with United Kingdom in tan, but the tanks were lime green

• @johnnymarr:

I’ll have to check next time I go to my storage unit. I seem to remember lime green US Marines in the old A&A Pacific, but that was only infantry

in some boxes of Revised, the United Kingdom came in lime green.  My set came with United Kingdom in tan, but the tanks were lime green

The UK was lime green? I definitely don’t remember that. I thought it might be the US they were talking about.

• '10

The UK was lime green?

in some sets yes.  In others, they were tan. In my case, a little of both

• @johnnymarr:

The UK was lime green?

in some sets yes.  In others, they were tan. In my case, a little of both

Okay then what color was the US, if the UK was lime green?

• '10

what color was the US, if the UK was lime green?

dark green

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m