Why are there Canadian roundels? A new rule perhaps?

• I was hoping that the Global game would give us a "39 option. I would like too add Poland to the list.

• Polish Cavalry
    1 attack,  1 defense, 1.5 movement, defense becomes 0 if defending against tanks…  :-P

Ah, poor Poland…  First to fight, first to be made fun of…

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

Polish Cavalry
    1 attack,  1 defense, 1.5 movement, defense becomes 0 if defending against tanks…  :-P

how much would they cost

• 2 IPCs  :-D

• You do know the Polish cavalry was made bigger than it was by nazi propaganda?

• @Omega:

You do know the Polish cavalry was made bigger than it was by nazi propaganda?

Yeah?  I know tanks were a new innovation and all so cavalry wasn’t really as silly as we would think now, but I guess the Germans would need a boost to their morale after running over horsies with tanks.  :cry:

“Ya, it vas inzane!  Dar vere about a milllion Polaks on der horses.” :lol:

I’m part-German, part-Polish (mostly Polish as you might guess) by heritage so I reserve the right to make fun of both groups.  :wink:

• Customizer

Should be easy enough to set up 1939.

Just use on leave French units for Poland.

Only thing is the map will need altering with West Poland separating from East Prussia.

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

First to fight only because they were the first to be attacked.

• WWII shows that most countries who were attacked by Germany lost pretty badly. Thank Russia for saving the world!

• @Omega:

WWII shows that most countries who were attacked by Germany lost pretty badly. Thank Russia for saving the world!

You mean thank Russia for saving themselves. What countries did they liberate?

• @Brain:

@Omega:

WWII shows that most countries who were attacked by Germany lost pretty badly. Thank Russia for saving the world!

East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, just to name a few.  Oh yeah, Latvia, Estonia, a chunk of Finland.  What did I miss?  (And if you’re just like my junior high students and you don’t get sarcasm:  :lol:) 
    The reality is that like it or not the Soviets won a war of attrition and would have eventually taken Berlin, with or without the western front.  However, this is straying away from the topic: the best looking roundels on the board!

• @mike55:

@Brain:

@Omega:

well they really didn’t liberate them but more cocered them
    East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, just to name a few.  Oh yeah, Latvia, Estonia, a chunk of Finland.  What did I miss?  (And if you’re just like my junior high students and you don’t get sarcasm:  :lol:) 
    The reality is that like it or not the Soviets won a war of attrition and would have eventually taken Berlin, with or without the western front.  However, this is straying away from the topic: the best looking roundels on the board!

• @mike55:

@Brain:

@Omega:

East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, just to name a few.  Oh yeah, Latvia, Estonia, a chunk of Finland.

Taking for yourself does not qualify as being liberating. All they did was change the conquering nation.

• @Brain:

@mike55:

@Brain:

@Omega:

East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, just to name a few.  Oh yeah, Latvia, Estonia, a chunk of Finland.

Taking for yourself does not qualify as being liberating. All they did was change the conquering nation.

Please go back to the original.  I was being sarcastic.  I even said that.  It was a joke!

• I was merely replying to the comment about Polish Cavalry.

They were beaten badly. So were most countries. Thing is, no need to bring back the old Nazi propaganda. Its like a joke that isn’t really funny.

But again, we can all agree that all allied played a part in the victory. Whether one country’s aid was decisive or not, no one can know for sure. Let’s just keep it that way. No need to take all the glory for yourself.

• Surely the Canadian roundels mean something.  Every othe roundel has a rule for it.  If UK is split between England and India, it could be as simple as all Pacific board IPCs going to India except the Canadian IPCs which go to England.

@SilverAngelSurfer:

Canada has its own separate income from its own territories that it spends at its own IC (indicative of an independent country), but Canada and the UK fight together with conglomerate troops (indicative of their military cooperation).

This is how India and Australia were handled in the 2001 edition of A&A:P.  I think you’re probably onto something.  :)

@Omega:

but for that to work, we need to know if Sea lion is truly feasible. Otherwise, the rule won’t be needed

In the old A&A:E game, Sea Lion was sometimes possible, and it was a victory condition.  But if the game were to be continued, Russia would roll over Germany.  With new political rules, it may be possible for Germany to capture UK before Russia has entered the war.  In this case Germany can regroup and not get wiped out by Russia.

If this is at all likely, the Canadian/English split income makes very good sense.

@Brain:

Would that be fair to the other nations? Having a back-up capital? The US could definitely use Western US as a back-up capital.

Canada was it’s own nation, Western USA was not.  In WWI Canada automatically was at war as soon as England was, but by WWII Canada made the choice to enter the war on their own.  Most UK colonies were garrisoned by UK soldiers, whereas Canadian troops were Canadian citizens.

• @Omega:

I was merely replying to the comment about Polish Cavalry.

They were beaten badly. So were most countries. Thing is, no need to bring back the old Nazi propaganda. Its like a joke that isn’t really funny.

But again, we can all agree that all allied played a part in the victory. Whether one country’s aid was decisive or not, no one can know for sure. Let’s just keep it that way. No need to take all the glory for yourself.

You’re right, Poland wasn’t attacked first or beaten easily just because they still had cavalry divisions and fought with them, I’m sure other nations still had cavalry divisions as well (whether they fought with them or not).  All the nations in Europe were scrambling to try to face the Axis assault and almost all of them fell easily, and this had a lot to do with simply underestimating or blindly ignoring the Germans.

I’m not trying to continue Nazi propaganda, I’m of 80% Polish heritage myself.  I was acting with the idea of it being a joke as the Canadian hockey pieces going on in the other thread is a joke.  How funny it is would be a matter of debate, but I was looking at it from the game perspective.

And zooooma, I completely agree with your further analysis of the UK situation.  The way the game is shaping up here the UK will be the only one of the “major powers” at war at the start of the global game.  France will fall quickly according to Larry, while ANZAC and China aren’t exactly powerhouses and are confined to skirmishing with Japan, so a Sea Lion assault may very well be a possibility before the US and USSR even really have any effect on the game.  Because of this I think it makes perfect sense and is more than fair that the UK player would be able to continue playing with Canada if London were to fall before the US and USSR are able to get involved.

• @mike55:

@Brain:

@mike55:

@Brain:

@Omega:

Please go back to the original.  I was being sarcastic.  I even said that.  It was a joke!

I was just trying to be like your class.

• @Brain:

@mike55:

@Brain:

@mike55:

@Brain:

@Omega:

I was just trying to be like your class.

I laughed out loud! I believe that’s lol. 
    Mike

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

I see we have clearly figured out that quoting device and are making good use of it there mike. I’ve never seen a stack like that before!

Welcome to the boards.

P.S. You a 'Riders fan?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m