A&A Anniversary Dilemma - to open or not?

• open it, play it, enjoy it! its a way cool game!

OR…be like the kid that grew up across the street from me; he had ALL the star wars toys and GI Joe toys a kid could want and his dad convinced him to keep them in the box becosue one day they would be worth LOTS of MONEY!

my best freind and i see him from time to time…he doenst look like he made THAT much money from it! and the memories i have of all the times i played with my shtuff are still with me and my best friend, that dude that “had it all” doenst even remeber what half  it was!

man, most of you die hard players would freak at the condition of my AA50 game!  the map is still NEWish looking and the peices are NEWish looking too…but the box…its held together with duct tape becosue i’ve tossed it in my work truck, bed mounted tool box and i’ve taken it to three out of state contructuon projects i’ve been on since i got the game!

yes, the box looks like hell and i coulndt get $50 for it now i bet…BUT…the fun i’ve had playeing that game cant be counted! and the box…it still holds the game!

• Customizer

You sir, encapsulate the spirit of the game!  I can’t say that I’d do the same… (I went so far as to slap some paint and decals on my minis), but at the end of the day - I’m with ya.  I did apply clear tape to my AAA50 box though - kinda laminated in a cheap way, but it travels with me on occasion (over the Atlantic in a suitcase).

You call others “die hard” players?  Perhaps, but in my book you’re the step up, the “hardcore” player!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m