Tricked out my AA50th - pics in a bucket

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Everything = Awesome.

• Customizer

Much obliged Variable. What do you think of the abstract HQ’s?

@Viracocha:

I like them alot! I’m actually trying to duplicate them myself.

Get those pics for IL so we all have a painting guide to go by.

IL, could you throw in AllWork’s pics as well. A lot of people like the Japanese stuff he just did.

Thanks!

Vir-

Could you give us a “shopping list” for I-94? I looked at everything but am lost on what to actually buy.

Thanks.

• Customizer

@Variable:

@Viracocha:

IL, could you throw in AllWork’s pics as well. A lot of people like the Japanese stuff he just did.

Thanks!

Would like to see your finished command centers! When I was younger I tried doing an edition with the command centers in their own language - it was interesting.  Somebody with more graphic savviness than me should be able to produce really cool stuff.  Still haven’t had a chance to send take & send those portrait pics. This set is actually my '42 board (the ‘learner’), though photographed on AA50th (which will hopefully be populated by FMG minis - as it deserves!).  The minis pics I posted have actually been done for quite some time, but I just never bothered with taking photos… so I’ll have to go back and see what decals were for what…

Will get back to you on the shopping list… sorry.

• I don’t have any game that has the Hellcat in it, but I do really want carrier-based US fighters. I was thinking that I could paint the Zero model to look like the Hellcat…

Hellcat:
    http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Gillespie2005/Highlights/BankingF6f10oClock.jpg

Zero:
    http://smonelove.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/00.jpg

It seems like the model is small enough that if you painted it right it would look pretty close. Opinions?

• get me the links for what you want to add here. I will make a new thread that just has pictures and the how too guide to paint them and make it a sticky

• Customizer

That sounds excellent!  If you could wait for the weekend - I’m going to take some pics of the minis on my detailed board (42) and some portraits…  Really swamped with stuff right now…
    :-)

@Viracocha:

@Variable:

@Viracocha:

Thanks!

Would like to see your finished command centers! When I was younger I tried doing an edition with the command centers in their own language - it was interesting.  Somebody with more graphic savviness than me should be able to produce really cool stuff.  Still haven’t had a chance to send take & send those portrait pics. This set is actually my '42 board (the ‘learner’), though photographed on AA50th (which will hopefully be populated by FMG minis - as it deserves!).  The minis pics I posted have actually been done for quite some time, but I just never bothered with taking photos… so I’ll have to go back and see what decals were for what…

Finally finished up this project, so I thought I’d share. Enjoy-

• Customizer

These are really cool Variable… More - want to see more!

• Did you get the decals from the same place that Viracocha got his? What are the part numbers you ordered?

I started to paint my pieces. They looked really good when I sprayed them, but the details are hard. I bought a really fine high-quality brush from the hobby store and I still have trouble making thin-consistent lines. I am thinking of starting over and trying to use a toothpick as a paintbrush.

@trackmagic:

Did you get the decals from the same place that Viracocha got his? What are the part numbers you ordered?

I started to paint my pieces. They looked really good when I sprayed them, but the details are hard. I bought a really fine high-quality brush from the hobby store and I still have trouble making thin-consistent lines. I am thinking of starting over and trying to use a toothpick as a paintbrush.

I didn’t use any decals. I ended up painting the roundels myself.

• Customizer

Sweet - old school.  I did that for my Italians - rough stuff but cool end product.

@trackmagic:

Did you get the decals from the same place that Viracocha got his? What are the part numbers you ordered?

After re-reading this, I have some advise that may help. With the roundels, for example, British, Paint a yellow circle. Then put a blue ring inside, then a white ring, then a red dot. That way, your rings don’t have to be perfect.

• how do you get those flags on those ships?

• Customizer

Hmm… very carefully. eh eh eh - but seriously, it wasn’t easy.  The larger the decal the more likely it is to tear or fold it seemed.  Just took some patience - and a lot of trial and error.  Been meaning to take some more photos - just been swamped with other things lately…
    Thanks for taking a peek.

• I emailed that place you suggested to buy decals from, but they never got back to me. Do you normally have to call them? I sent them a link to your photos so they could tell what I wanted. Do you still have your order sheet that you would not mind posting? (I’m just interested in the part numbers and prices.)

• Customizer

You have to look at the sizes listed, and examine the scanned in images as well.  Really don’t think he’s going to go through and discern what decals are used from someone sending him photos of his transfers…

I’ll try to provide a list of sorts at some point - I’ll try for this weekend but I can’t promise it due to other things…

I think there was some kind of chart somewhere about what sizes suit what minis from what games as well.  Not sure if it was there or somewhere else though…

• Thanks any help is appreciated. I’m not sure how you ended up buying there…I can’t find any information!

• I got a reply from i-94. They gave me this price list:
    Japan      JP 100, 102 or 103
    Germany  GR 100, 106, 116 are popular.
    Italy      IT 100
    China      MI 106
    ANZAC    BR 106
    US          US 100, 102, 108, 109, 112, 119 are the best sellers.
    UK          BR 107, 111

I assume you just put those on the form that you download off their website to order.

I am trying to confirm pricing and which decals are what exactly (and how many come on a sheet). I’ll post a reply when I hear back. Vicacocha, do you know if the numbers indicate size or are just part numbers for different designs?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m