• Here are a few pics of a AA50 Double Blind that TheDiceTurret.com and Field Marshal Games sponsored this past weekend at TotalCON in Mansfield, MA.  6 hour game which saw the Allies defeat the Axis.

The last pic is of the winning team and my friend Todd who was the GM/Referee.  Each member went home with a COMBAT PACK.

• Looks like a lot of fun, I always wanted to try a double blind game.  It sure would make it very interesting if you don’t always see what your opponent is building.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '11 '10

How are the rules?

Can you see a neighbouring territory? Can planes fly scouting missions?

I sure would like to try it.

• It certainly sounds interesting.

• The rules are pretty much the same.  A friend of ours made up some really nice Tech Cards and National Advantages.

During your turn, prior to combat, you may recon territories adjacent to you.  The other team only has to report: Infantry, Armor, AntiAircraft and Buildings.  After that, you may do an aerial recon in which the referee will roll a die to see whether one of the following happens…

1. Full Report
    2. Partial report +/- 10%
    3. No report (Too much cloud cover)

It’s quite fun.  If any of you are ever in CT, send me a message.  We play just about every 3 weeks or so on a Sunday.  Our next game is Mar 14th.

Brian

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '11 '10

Is the defender able to scramble ftr to counter the recon?

Do you use ftr and/or bmb to recon?

If you recon can your airplanes still perform combat moves?

Would like to play…but not exactly in the neighbourhood :-)

• Recon?

So you dont set the game up at the start?

I still dont get it.

• So you can recon any adjacent territories whenever you want, or is there a limited number of recons per turn?  And to recon more distant territories you need to do an aerial recon which has a chance of failure…  Quite interesting.  I take it you need one map for the axis and one map for the allies?  Sounds like a cross between A&A and Battleship, if I’m getting this right.  :mrgreen:

• Im lost please explain.

• I think this link should help. I assume it uses something similar, although I have not had the opportunity to play this variant. Seems quite fun though!!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/17670/axis-allies-double-blind-doc?

• Thanks

• @Bjergmose:

Is the defender able to scramble ftr to counter the recon?

Do you use ftr and/or bmb to recon?

If you recon can your airplanes still perform combat moves?

Would like to play…but not exactly in the neighbourhood :-)

No ftr scramble.  If you have AA in the area, you can use it.

Yes.  They can be used in Combat moves.

@General:

Recon?

So you dont set the game up at the start?

I still dont get it.

Yes.  You setup up the game in the beginning per the rules.  Obviously recon is not needed on Germany 1st move or Russia first move if you are playing 1942 scenario.

You actually setup 2 game boards with ALL the pieces.  One side is the Axis and one is the Allies.

@SilverAngelSurfer:

So you can recon any adjacent territories whenever you want, or is there a limited number of recons per turn?  And to recon more distant territories you need to do an aerial recon which has a chance of failure…  Quite interesting.  I take it you need one map for the axis and one map for the allies?  Sounds like a cross between A&A and Battleship, if I’m getting this right.  :mrgreen:

I guess you would call it a cross.  Never thought of it that way…

Each country is allowed to recon before it combat move.  Ground recon 1st and then Air.

@Tarling:

I think this link should help. I assume it uses something similar, although I have not had the opportunity to play this variant. Seems quite fun though!!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/17670/axis-allies-double-blind-doc?

I like this.  We have never used the last rule but that sounds pretty interesting.  Propaganda.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m