• Neutrals should be able to declare war.  After all, this board game has the player taking on the role of the leadership of the world at the time.  Why shouldn’t Switzerland be able to declare war on China?  Or Mongolia launch a full scale invasion of Canada while they aren’t looking?

And what about breaking political alliances?  What if I, as the role of Winston Churchill, decide my people need more living space and declare war on ANZAC so that I can send all the convicts of my country to wreak havoc on the kangaroo populations while I sit back on my lounge chair in the United Kingdom watching as my ally Benito Moussilini masses up his forces in my homeland to defend me from a Soviet invasion since I decided to do an all Canada build out of fear of Mongolian aggression?

• '10

This is very funny!  Your a good comedy writer I think.

……wait… were you serious?  :-o

• I like the concept not the most historical examples though :-D

• @dakgoalie38:

Neutrals should be able to declare war.  After all, this board game has the player taking on the role of the leadership of the world at the time.  Why shouldn’t Switzerland be able to declare war on China?  Or Mongolia launch a full scale invasion of Canada while they aren’t looking?

And what about breaking political alliances?  What if I, as the role of Winston Churchill, decide my people need more living space and declare war on ANZAC so that I can send all the convicts of my country to wreak havoc on the kangaroo populations while I sit back on my lounge chair in the United Kingdom watching as my ally Benito Moussilini masses up his forces in my homeland to defend me from a Soviet invasion since I decided to do an all Canada build out of fear of Mongolian aggression?

I award you no points…and may god have mercy on your soul…

• I want not only neutrals to declare war, but allow rules for Godzilla and other monsters to have the ability to start destroying the players armies. This is only consistent with historical reality.

• Customizer

All countries are neutral until they declare war.

• @Imperious:

I want not only neutrals to declare war, but allow rules for Godzilla and other monsters to have the ability to start destroying the players armies. This is only consistent with historical reality.

Giant cats have defeated many an army in the other Axis and Allies games I’ve played.

• Yeah USA should be able to attack UK and get revenge for the War of 1812.

• No, Americans did not lose that war, but revenge for the burning of the White House was definitely in order.

• Neither side won that war. 
    US Main Objective - Get control of Canada - FAIL
    UK Main Objective - Regain control of the territory lost in the American Revolution - FAIL

The war ended in a stalemate.  I’m pretty sure both sides consider it a victory, but in reality neither side won.  However, it did lead to a period of better relations between the US and UK which continue today since the US gave up on trying to take Canada and the UK gave up on trying to void American independence, so there were certainly favorable outcomes for both sides.

• @dakgoalie38:

@Imperious:

I want not only neutrals to declare war, but allow rules for Godzilla and other monsters to have the ability to start destroying the players armies. This is only consistent with historical reality.

Giant cats have defeated many an army in the other Axis and Allies games I’ve played.

the tail of golden retriever has ended many of my games.  i feel the pain of large household pets destroying the world.

• @katfishkris:

@dakgoalie38:

@Imperious:

the tail of golden retriever has ended many of my games.  i feel the pain of large household pets destroying the world.

We need an electronic version of A&A to stop this growing problem.

• i would love to get my hands on a PROPER pc game of AnA Global 1940….  never short of units, edited that seazoneflaw in the already existing pac40 and so on. dont let atari do the job, we all know what happend to the last game they tried to make. i bought it blind, and tried it once… money very bad spent.

• Well it sounds like we can’t count on WOTC or Atari.

• TripleA '12

Seriously though, what would it take for a decent pc games developer to make the AA50 game? Must be simple enough to do! Is it a question of funding or what?

• Customizer

you have two solutions to defeat MEGA cats and dogs (and other possible large monsters):
    AABattlemap
    TripleA

tripleA can be found here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

• It seems to me WOTC didn’t take into account a free India, a possible repeat of the Bolshevik Revolution in WW1 or NAFTA.  Why are you just limited to having the same countries throughout the game?  Where’s the army for the Vatican?  Why is Somalia worth 1 IPC as opposed to being a unique “-3” territory?  Such a waste of $100, where do I get my refund?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m