Will the situation in Iraq improve in November?

• Man we lost 10,000 men just taking Wake island from Japs… i dont see the big deal with Iraq. Heck we only lost 1,100 taking and holding an entire hostile nation for years… Why didnt anybody complain about Wake Island? Oh i forgot that was a war with a Democrat as President … or 4 term “King” called FDR. And I also forgot that life didnt matter then and Democrats also controlled both Houses of Congress… NM :wink: :wink: :o

• @Imperious:

Man we lost 10,000 men just taking Wake island from Japs… i dont see the big deal with Iraq. Heck we only lost 1,100 taking and holding an entire hostile nation for years… Why didnt anybody complain about Wake Island? Oh i forgot that was a war with a Democrat as President … or 4 term “King” called FDR. And I also forgot that life didnt matter then and Democrats also controlled both Houses of Congress… NM :wink: :wink: :o

Two words: Just war

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@haxorboy:

I’ve never posted a link from micheal moore…in fact I don’t think anyone ever has, you just seem to think everyone does

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties.htm

Since you always complain about stuff being too hard to read:

June 30 0 147 - 2004

June 77 0 316 - 2005

Columns go confirmed dead, reported dead and finally wounded. So in answering your remark made back in Nov. of 2004, the number of soliders killed is not steadily decreasing, it is in fact staying about the same with months of great flux. Now some more various links from google:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/31/AR2005083102249.html

I found this one interesting, although it’s from Canada so it doesn’t count in your eyes:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1121806344352_117215544/?hub=World

How many from training accidents? How many from natural causes? How many from hit and run drivers? How many from disease?

@cystic:

@Jennifer:

@haxorboy:

@Jennifer:

All wars and police actions are similar and should be used to determine just how violent the violence level is in Iraq. What else should we compare it too? The average number of soliders who die driving home from basic training? Okay, that was kind of a joke.

I think we’ll see a steady decline of soldier deaths in Iraq provided whoever is elected stays the course and finishes the job.

Huh…guess that one didn’t work out so well for you?

More people died on Chicago highways this month (and every month since the war started, actually) then died in Iraq.

AKA It’s safer in Iraq then in Chicago.

Guess that didn’t work out so well for you, did it?

this is pretty idiotic.
    you are not comparing apples to apples here, but maybe grapes to pianos.

American troops in Iraq vs. number of motorists in Chicago? Relative densities of the same?
    also i am not sure how comparing number of highway deaths in a city to number of killings in a middle eastern country is appropriate.

i think i am going crazy (rubs eyes). i used to think i was a rational person, but the fact that this kind of argument appears to be unrefuted hurts my head. Maybe i was better off when i only corrected Jen’s mis-information about my country and my religion.

Hundreds of thousands of soldiers in Iraq vs hundreds of thousands of drivers on Chicago interstates. Seems fair enough to me. At least soldiers get guns so they can shoot back. Here, some have guns, some dont, sometimes you get carjacked and killed, sometimes you get rammed by an 18 wheeler driven by a moron, etc. Much more dangerous here in the city then over there in Iraq.

• http://www.defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf

Why can’t you look anything up for yourself? Again I will explain this graph for you.

Shows total dead of 1746 from May 1st 2003 to present. Of those 1356 were KIA, or killed in action. I can’t seem to find where the govt. proper is releasing numbers broken down by month like this ( shocking I know ) but if you break that down it is about 80% of the deaths each month are KIA deaths.

@Mary:

@Imperious:

Man we lost 10,000 men just taking Wake island from Japs… i dont see the big deal with Iraq. Heck we only lost 1,100 taking and holding an entire hostile nation for years… Why didnt anybody complain about Wake Island? Oh i forgot that was a war with a Democrat as President … or 4 term “King” called FDR. And I also forgot that life didnt matter then and Democrats also controlled both Houses of Congress… NM :wink: :wink: :o

Two words: Just war

Really? We rounded up Japanese citizens and put them in concentration camps where we ruthlessly tortured them (based on we treated them worse then we do Iraqis in jail today) leaving them without meals, in their own defecation and without the rights of their citizenship.

We provoked their attack on us. We allowed it to happen. And we wanted it to happen.

The Germans never attacked one US Citizen until after we pre-emptively attacked them, just like in Iraq.

Really, I think he nailed it on the head. FDR knew we needed the war to jump start our economy, without it, we’d be a 3rd world nation. The Congress and the Media were both liberal so would have supported him if he wanted to declare on France, Brition and Belgium if he wanted too (or California for that matter.)

Just war, huh? Really. Are you sure about that? You want to tell that to the millions of American families who lost relatives in that war? How about to the billions of families world wide that lost relatives in that war. How about those neutral nations that wanted nothing to do with it that were bullied into fighting just so they could maintain their way of life?

Yea, that was such a JUST war. A war, which argueably, could have been avoided if justice was done after WWI instead of punishing the Germans - who argueably could have been considered the good guys as they attempted to help their ally quell a terrorist rebellion inside their borders.

Just my ass. It’s only listed as just with all the allied atrocities buried as deep as possible because we won and we wrote the story afterwards. If the Germans/Japanese had won your history book would be completely different. I’m sure FDR would have been described as an imperialistic tyrant.

• @Imperious:

i think that you may have “forgot” that Japan declared war on the US about the time of a bombing of some insignificant island in the pacific ocean . . . i’m having a hard time recalling the moment Iraq declared war on the US, although i do seem to recall some pretty broad capitulations prior to the invasion.
    more grapes and pianos

@Mary:

No, no. Jen’s on to something here. More people die in hospitals than in Iraq… Think of THAT next time those EMT jerks want to take you to “the slaughterhouse” (AKA “a hospital”).

Actually an intelligent statement. Going to the hospital is okay, but get your ass out of there as fast as possible. People go to the hospital to die, people go home to recover.

• Really? We rounded up Japanese citizens and put them in concentration camps where we ruthlessly tortured them (based on we treated them worse then we do Iraqis in jail today) leaving them without meals, in their own defecation and without the rights of their citizenship.

Prove it. Just once back up one of your own statements with a link…and don’t pull this look it up for yourself crap, just one time throw up a a link, I don’t care if it is from Rush’s site at this point…validate one of your statements please.

@cystic:

@Imperious:

i think that you may have “forgot” that Japan declared war on the US about the time of a bombing of some insignificant island in the pacific ocean . . . i’m having a hard time recalling the moment Iraq declared war on the US, although i do seem to recall some pretty broad capitulations prior to the invasion.
    more grapes and pianos

We at least declared war BEFORE we killed them. They sent notification of hostilities (since Mary doesn’t believe that it’s a declaration of war unless it specifically has those words in that order somewhere in the document) after they bombed Pearl Harbor.

• @Jennifer:

The Germans never attacked one US Citizen until after we pre-emptively attacked them, just like in Iraq.

Lol, you’re so full of shit you must squeak. Germany and Italy declared war on the U.S. on Dec. 11, 1941.

• Thanks Mary ….

and Jen …
    go to your army, there oyu learn the important things: how to act. If you went to France, you would learn less important things: how to think.

@Mary:

@Jennifer:

Lol, you’re so full of sh*t you must squeak. Germany and Italy declared war on the U.S. on Dec. 11, 1941.

Mary, stop typing. You know not what you say.

How is a DOW the same as being attacked? The Germans never fired on a US Soldier in WWII until we attacked them.

@F_alk:

Thanks Mary ….

and Jen …
    go to your army, there oyu learn the important things: how to act. If you went to France, you would learn less important things: how to think.

You’re as bad as Mary. Learn some history, open your eyes and learn some life experience.

• @Mary:

@Jennifer:

Lol, you’re so full of sh*t you must squeak. Germany and Italy declared war on the U.S. on Dec. 11, 1941.

Now Mary, i fully understand your feeling. I’m boycotting any further debate w/ Jen just begin to try to avoid degenerating into insults. You may consider the same
    Anyway - you are correct. Following Canadian spy-master William Stephenson’s leaking of the false/putative “rainbow war plans” of the US suggesting that the US was to declare war against Germany, Germany pre-emptively declared war against the US. This forced the hand of the US:

To the Congress of the United States:

On the morning of Dec. 11 the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States. The long-known and the long-expected has thus taken place. The forces endeavoring to enslave the entire world now are moving toward this hemisphere. Never before has there been a greater challenge to life, liberty and civilization. Delay invites great danger. Rapid and united effort by all of the peoples of the world who are determined to remain free will insure a world victory of the forces of justice and of righteousness over the forces of savagery and of barbarism. Italy also has declared war against the United States.

I therefore request the Congress to recognize a state of war between the United States and Germany, and between the United States and Italy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m