• '19 Moderator

I’ve seen a gator and a croc side by side. Granted they were 3 feet long, bu tthe gator was much more agressive. As for rednecks, hell nothin’ beats a redneck!

And yeah I think a Polar Bear could kill an elephant. It might die later but the polar bear could disembowel an elephant quick as you please, and then chew up the mushy goodness. The polar Bear is the largest land preditor on the earth and if it wanted Elephant it could have it!

• The polar Bear is the largest land preditor on the earth and if it wanted Elephant it could have it!

I’m leaning towards agreeing with that, but a Grizzly Bear is actually bigger than a Polar Bear (it’s about as tall, but it’s wayyyy wider, not to mention more ferocious). I think a Grizzly could take 'em all down :D.

• '19 Moderator

I think you may be confused, Griz is a smaller mountain subspecies of the brown Bear. Polar Bears are the Bigger cousin.

http://www.bearden.org/species.html

• Well, according to that site, the average length of a Polar Bear is 8’4", whereas the top length of a Brown Bear is 9’6"… Still, in terms of ferocity, I don’t think you can beat a Grizzly :D.

• I have a bengal cat, which is supposedly 1/2 asian snow leopard, therefore, I vote Bengal tiger, I dont know the relation, but that is my favorite!

• Polar bear is the largest land predator. the difference is, Polar Bears are natural predators, they hunt and kill animals, seals. Grizzlies do hunt and kill animals, but they would be content to live off of “salad”.

• Every time I find a site about animal fighting, the question it’s ALWAYS asked most often is “What would win in a fight between a tiger and a lion?” Some sites claim the tiger is longer, while the lion is taller at the shoulder and more muscular. Some others claim tigers are bigger in every way. Most say the tiger was built for speed and hunting, while the lion evolved with fighting in mind (lionesses are the hunters). One site said King Henry II used to hold fights in the Tower of London frequently, with the lion usually winning. Most websites I’ve checked seem to rate the lion as more ferocious and say that its mane would prevent the throat-chasing attack of the tiger. Those that claim tigers are larger are usually the ones that claim a tiger would win, but the frequent consensus seems to be lion. Thoughts on this?
    Also, here’s an interesting question: what wins - grizzly vs. polar bear? I’m going by pure fighting instinct and style, speed, muscle, etc. here rather than only size. Assuming temp. was not a factor, I would pick the polar bear to win anyway since they have more practice killing (i.e. less on the herbivorous end).

• I’d have to pick the tiger in the tiger vs. lion; they are bigger and faster, and do more actual killing then a male lion anyway. The mane would be a problem, but I think the tiger could rip out the lion’s belly pretty fast.

As for the grizzly vs. polar bear, I have to vote grizzly; a polar bear may have more experience fighting, but I’m sure a grizzly is naturally more aggressive. Take Lewis and Clark’s telling of what happened when they met a grizzly :P.

• Are not male lions lazy? my thought is he wouldnt defend himself until too late.

• marine, again you are wrong, I see a vicious cycle! :lol:

You only see lions at zoos. In the wild, they are no where near lazy… :roll: :P

• no, they pretty much are. the lionesses do the hunting, the male lion is sorta like the pimp with all his hoes.

• i dont go to the zoo mutha, i watch national geographic! :)

• @Janus1:

no, they pretty much are. the lionesses do the hunting, the male lion is sorta like the pimp with all his hoes.

LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like us eh’ J1?

• Lions are lazy - when it comes to hunting. But they’ve naturally been built to fight other male lions in competition, and therefore tend to be better suited for purely fighting with other predators, although whether one would take initiative against a tiger is doubtful in my mind.

Here is another interesting site: http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/conflict.html
    I think this one gives pretty good analysis, as do others. But they’ve often conflicted in comparing the sizes of the two cats. Some say lions stand taller and are more muscular, but less lengthy, while others say tigers are bigger in every way. This confuses me so I don’t know what to think. I do know grizzlies are bigger than both and not as fierce as either.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m