• She hates the game! How can I further convince her of the legitimacy of the use of 3-12 hours with the boys. Of course, she’s always invited to keep us full of tasty snacks, but once she came and nearly destroyed the board. How do you guys keep the women at bay while you play. Maybe she just needs to try some of the varients…

PS I don’t mean to be so sexist about only men playing A&A, but from my experience, they have been tremendously less interested… and if you are a female who loves the game… give me a call :wink:

• @Desert:

She hates the game! How can I further convince her of the legitimacy of the use of 3-12 hours with the boys. Of course, she’s always invited to keep us full of tasty snacks, but once she came and nearly destroyed the board. How do you guys keep the women at bay while you play. Maybe she just needs to try some of the varients…

PS I don’t mean to be so sexist about only men playing A&A, but from my experience, they have been tremendously less interested… and if you are a female who loves the game… give me a call :wink:

I got my X to play a few times. She didn’t mind.

Sigh…… maybe I should get her back :wink:

• Next time your GF goes to the strip mall, or any type of shopping and you are bored out of your mind, think of this post…Sorta the same thing…
    Thats how i look at things! :lol: :D :-?

• @MuthaRussia:

Next time your GF goes to the strip mall, or any type of shopping and you are bored out of your mind, think of this post…Sorta the same thing…

EXCELLENT MR. This is your best post ever.
    yup, this is it. She wants to watch some romance movie, then compare your 3-12 hours with the 2 hours that FEELS like 12 hours of watching “my fat greek kiss while sitting in happy boyland-diary” movie. Remember - this is a partnership.

• EJ is left holding the ball with a dumb look on his face( the same old look.)
    …and cc steals another one!! (baseball analogy)
    MR…
    a great point 3 point shot!!! (basketbal, of course.)

I’ll use that and my wife will give me…
    well…

nevermind!

I gotta go and plan the best time to use this one to get the most outta it!!!
    :roll:

• @cystic:

@MuthaRussia:

Next time your GF goes to the strip mall, or any type of shopping and you are bored out of your mind, think of this post…Sorta the same thing…

EXCELLENT MR. This is your best post ever.
    yup, this is it. She wants to watch some romance movie, then compare your 3-12 hours with the 2 hours that FEELS like 12 hours of watching “my fat greek kiss while sitting in happy boyland-diary” movie. Remember - this is a partnership.

Thanks CC, ive really tried to improve my behavior/posts on the forum, glad u liked my post! :D :lol:

• She hates the game! How can I further convince her of the legitimacy of the use of 3-12 hours with the boys. Of course, she’s always invited to keep us full of tasty snacks, but once she came and nearly destroyed the board. How do you guys keep the women at bay while you play. Maybe she just needs to try some of the varients…

Just because someone is your wife, girlfriend, or whatever doesn’t mean you have to spend every minute of the day doing the same things… If your girlfriend can’t find something to do for a few hours it’s her problem not yours.

To hell with convincing anyone of the “legitimacy” of spending time with your friends doing something you enjoy. Most people spend as many hours in front of a television every night.

• Man, sh!!_
    Cannot you relax and see the humor?
    I for one have no problem getting time away from my wife/family when I want… I ussually don’t want.

But whatever I command my wife obeys! :roll:

• I agree with Shuurai … Of course I love spending time with my girlfriend, but I also enjoy hanging out with the guys, and one of the things we like to do is play D-Day (I’m slowly working on getting them into A&A as well as Pacific). I’ve had countless “Risk nights”. They don’t happen as often anymore (we all went and “got” girlfriends … ) but it’s still possible.

I’ve also given up on trying to validate playing a board game when I’m hanging out with the guys (girlfriend couldn’t understand that we didn’t just sit around and drink beer … I told her we drink beer while playing, and she replied with, “yeah, but it’s a BOARD game!”) Anyway, I think she’s realized I’m gonna play it anyway, so now she’ll either laugh, call me a loser, or ignore the fact ;) This is fine, since when she first did that, I got offended and she told me she doesn’t actually care.

However, sometimes she’s over when we’ve got a game still in progress set up (waiting to be finished another night) … then it can get interesting! She likes to move the pieces around - not because she likes them, but because it messes it up … cute :)

Anyway, back to the point. Yeah, your gf may not like A&A - I haven’t found a girl, yet, who does. I suppose they’re out there, but I may never meet one. Not a big deal … personally, the worst I get out of it is a little good-natured flirtatious ribbing. I know for a fact she doesn’t actually care, and this is probably (hopefully) true for most. Most girls like to hang out with just their girlfriends every now and then, too … plus, it always goes both ways (though it may be hard to see): I watch sex and the city with her (though that’s to make up for all the hockey I made her watch as the Flames went through the playoffs), not to mention I (almost) always let her choose the movie.

• So what if your GF hates AA, just don’t make her play it.

• play at friends house in the3 war room :P

• @morsehead:

play at friends house in the3 war room :P

I know it is not that easy, I have a girlfriend, and she gets pissed when I do stupid things like that, she would rather go see a lame movie like “The Notebook” then let me go to a friends house…Or maybe I need a new girl! :lol: :-?
    Thats why I just play on the internet before I go to bed!, just as good, maybe better, then you don’t know your opponent! :)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Or just find a girl that plays the game and have some quality time you both enjoy…or is that too simple of an answer???

shrug

• Or just find a girl that plays the game and have some quality time you both enjoy…or is that too simple of an answer???

Well unfortanately I haven’t found enough girls that like this sort of thing that also look as good as you. Call me a pig! And yeah that’s right I looked at your picture via your link. Perphaps, you should recruit some other hot girls to play A+A. :D Usually, I don’t tell a girl about this whole nerd A+A thing until after at least 10 dates, and even then I’m very blaise about it. Okay so I’m a closeted nerd, shoot me!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

blush

I don’t know any other girls that play, but you can always look! I got interested in it at GenCon in 1994. (To tell the truth, at the time I thought the Aircraft Carriers were the cutest darn pieces. Maybe I’m just a closet “valley girl”?)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m