Is the current size of the US military too small?

• @marine36:

cc, im not talking small operations like desertstorm, or grenada. im talking real wars, ones that we fight other powers, like ww2, ww1, the civil war, vietnam, korea, spanish american war, etc.

calling it an “operation” does not change the fact that it is “war”.
    And what major powers do you think that the US should have actively engaged for that matter?

• I believe we should engage against N. Korea, and disarm them! But name a country that has a larger army than us… Russia, well there in complete disarray there and its not even united and the troops arent that disapplined. N. Korea doesnt have a bigger army then us, but they do have the weapons, and i dont think they have more of them than us. China, who is just a large group of people with guns. They get low amounts of food, and i question there discipline! Uk? They just kiss the usa butt so if they need help they can get it. if i forgot any powers with even a comparable army, do tell!

• somebody that would put up a fight.

• you forgot the french :D

• @marine36:

you forgot the french :D

“I fart genreal direction, your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberry!!”
    -The holy grail

If you remember the quality of the french in that, there army hasnt improved at all! :lol:

• Ha ha ha! How soon we forget. We loved the French in the first Iraq war. They where our allie and fought by our side. They flew missions over Iraq daily. What has changed? Has an entire nation become cowardly? Hmmmm. Makes one stop and think. Or not. It’s easier to get mad at them and change Frech Fries to Freedom Fries. After all, if you are not with us, your with the terrorists. <sigh>Yes, we need to increase the size of our military. Since enlistment is down 22% the only way to do that will be conscription. Have a nice day.</sigh>

• it was a joke mutharussia. what do you call 100,000 men with their hands up? the french army. :D

• :roll: We are our own worst enemy. Oh well. America is great enough to make up for our short comings.

• im gonna have to agree. we have always been a divided nation over many things. We are not united in the war on terror as we were in other wars. not being united hamperes our ability to act.

• So it’s a good thing we’re divided.

• NO IT IS NOT! :x

• It’s good that we’re divided in the respect that it’s bad if we were united in the war in Iraq, the War on Terror, etc., not in the respect that we were united against it.

• @Lizardbaby:

Ha ha ha! How soon we forget. We loved the French in the first Iraq war. They where our allie and fought by our side. They flew missions over Iraq daily. What has changed? Has an entire nation become cowardly? Hmmmm. Makes one stop and think. Or not. It’s easier to get mad at them and change Frech Fries to Freedom Fries. After all, if you are not with us, your with the terrorists. <sigh>Yes, we need to increase the size of our military. Since enlistment is down 22% the only way to do that will be conscription. Have a nice day.</sigh>

ahhh LB - i’m likin’ yah more and more.

Does anyone here know the name Lafayette? Or King George?

Now you rely on more recent history - more credible. Well done.

• No, I’m pretty sure that the French didn’t help us at all during the Revolutionary War. And surely the Statue of Liberty wasn’t made by the French!

• that was hundreds of years ago. their opinion has changed. and by the way, the statue of liberty was facing towards france, it was suppose to symbolize that THEIR country was the origin of liberty.

• Well, then you say how much good the US did in WWII, because our opinion has changed.

• Marine,
    Ummmm, no. The French Revolution was after the American Revolution.

If we really need a larger military, why don’t we just feed them McDonalds for every meal. I hear that will make them much larger fast and it’s probabbly cheaper than MRE’s. Whose with me?!

• @Lizardbaby:

Marine,
    Ummmm, no. The French Revolution was after the American Revolution.

If we really need a larger military, why don’t we just feed them McDonalds for every meal. I hear that will make them much larger fast and it’s probabbly cheaper than MRE’s. Whose with me?!

don’t you guys already pay enough on health care?

• Ha ha ha! Good one CC! :)

• But that would come into play only after they left the army (and survived). I mean, they make good and slow targets in the mean time.
    And of course, if they die younger, that saves money for the retirement fonds.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m