• What about allow one to use multiple AA guns on each territory?

• 2007 AAR League

My friends and I play with the house rule that you can have more than one AA gun in a territory. It works really well sometimes if you need to defend an important territory.

• @UKcommander:

My friends and I play with the house rule that you can have more than one AA gun in a territory. It works really well sometimes if you need to defend an important territory.

Do you have any restrictions for how many AA guns one may use in a territory?

• I assume you’re talking about each AA gun firing at each plane … so three AA guns attacked by 5 planes would involve rolling 15 dice - 3 at each plane?

I like the idea (seems realistic enough) and AA guns always have a tough time shooting down planes … but I’d be worried a) about this making it too easy to absolutely rip an airforce, and b) a side quickly monopolizing all the AA guns.

But doing it like pacific/europe/revised (multiple AA guns, only one fires) seems OK … however, if you’ve got twice as many AA guns, shouldn’t you also have twice as much AA firepower? … geez, I don’t know. Depends on realism vs playability. Maybe a limit of two or three (I’m leaning towards two) AA guns actually firing is a good idea.

Or, make planes cheaper (I have the original, but I think I’ll adopt $10 fighters and $16 carriers), or AA guns more expensive.

Another alternative is to have AA guns fire in each round of combat, not just the first … however, since they’re indestructible, this would probably be even worse for airforces, and no one would bother buying planes. So … maybe they should be destructible, if you choose to do this? (yeah - it could be your choice whether they fire once, or each round … )

Well, now I’ll be thinking about this all tonight … another idea I’ve heard of on this forum is using AA guns as artillery, for a fee ($5 extra if it’s a new AA gun, $6 if you want to convert an existing gun - must be in the same territory as an industrial complex). From what I (quickly) gathered, these artillery (not the same as the artillery piece from revised, pacific and europe) would be moved into an attack, and would roll one die for each defending infantry, hitting on a one. The argument is that this is a good way to reduce stacks of infantry. It may also be really painful … and I don’t know if it would be a good idea to allow it to be used this way in defense, too.

Ah well …

• I would love this rule because it would also allow me to use my AA guns more effectively in my AA gun/ artillery house rule.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m