1st turn Japanese attack on Hawaii

• Well,

On that note I have actually used the sub to

kill the British transport and used other

Jap stuff to go after the US fleet. Therefor

I find better use of the Sub than as a

suicide. It is a logical move though.

• Indeed, I also like to kill the british transport if he is foolish enough to come within range of my sub. This is why as Britian I consider trying to move the Austrailians in the first round or two pure folly.

• yea i don’t think it really matters if japan attacks US in hawaii….the pacific is pretty useless anyway…might as well destroy what they do have though…

• Lately I’ve been trying to have Germany hold the Suez canal long enough to allow the Japanese fleet to enter the Med (earliest by turn 4, if Japan doesn’t attack Hawaii in turn 1 and the US withdrawals it’s fleet immediately to the Atlantic). This gives the Allies quite a jolt if it works. The down side is your unprotected transports in the Japanese SZ. This can protect Southern Europe from invasion (with German fighter support) and may allow attacks on the Allied fleets. What else do you do with the Japanese fleet after the Asian coast is in Japanese hands?

• yeah,i normally play with my uncle i am germany and my cousin is normally japan he,always attacks the america fleet but with severe casualtys i dont think it is worth it myself,try doing it when the 2 british fighters do, a suicide bombing on your transport and battleship in japan your other transport is sunk by the plane in india, and i dont know if am right in this but,my uncle has had the game for about 30 years he has no instructions but he gets his bomber from uk and sends it to kill the sub in solomon waters and lands on australia can you do this , i let him do this move i trust he is playing correct he has had the game for 30 years,so anyway am left with a battleship and aircraft carrier,if i attack with them,i normally lose 2planes first attack, so i have to reinforce it with another 2 planes, (he has sent 1 russian plane to his carrier) so am left with about 2 planes left, and can only attack with 1 plane in asia,so i defeat the american men and plane with many casualties i then dont build an industrial complex becuase that russia will just take it and am unable to reinforce myself next tuern due to the fact that england took out all my transports the only option is not to attack hawaii.

• and another thing i agree with the person who said that the japans waters are useless,becuase of the reasons:

america and england build mostly transports and less subs and japan if they get an industrial complex on kwangtang , build more subs so with japan buy a tank couple of men and atleast a sub every time now when you look powerfull enuogh, you have got to get to kerilian waters and put pressure on america and britain, and do a first attack thingy with your sub sure the americas with get first shots,and then england, but by this time i normally have about 17 to 20 subs and germany has conquered russia.thus releives the pressure of germany,while they get back 2gether,now dont attack the america fleet cuz they got like 12 to 15 transporters a piece, but secret sub them ,what eva you call it, they eventually have to attack you,but you shuold win take in to consideration that they cant shot with there transports,and also planes in some cases are more valuable then battleships,and that stratagie i gave correct me if am wrong, and tell me an alternative on defeating us and uk fleet,…at the same time

• oh i said “becuase of the reasons” forget that i forgot to give reasons never mind, if you have the power to attack american hawii fleet then do it ,if not then sit tight and build,

• Guy, you gotta down load some A&A rules from the net yo.

• '19 Moderator

By my count that move from the UK to Aust. is 9 spaces! I guess thats better than the 8 spaces to the Solomon Sea Zone.

• Even though the Pacific is worthless, I would still take out America’s fleet. As stated before, you can’t let those ships cross into the Pacific. And with 2 hit BB, you can take Hawaii fairly easy.

• yeah i need rules but my uncle lsot the rules , becuase they seem to have feel apart well, paper dont last 30 years and thats how long he has had the game but we count it as, the sea zone and the piece of land is just 1 move, and i dont know if you can fly over water or not but if you do it by water it makes 6 moves exactly the way we counted it, 1 up from england leads you to the bottom of africa, and the sea around australia is 1 move so soon as your in the auzzie sea you can land , thats he how he tought us dont blame me lol i need instructions lol haha

• Well I don’t think that you the game isn’t wrap around in the form that your northern most spot is in direct contact with the southern most spot.

• Attacking Hawaii…it all depends. Is their a naked UK AC in the NSea? Do the US Ftrs have to land on her to protect her?

The only real piece of value is the US Ftr. The sub is pretty worthless, and since you will already have at least 2 capital ships in the Atlantic…likely a UK Carrier and the US BB once swung around. So the US Carrier is nice to have, but most of the time not necessary or relevant for the US anyway. The gain of the extra tranny is big though, since you won’t need it to block a Jap 2 attack against the BB.

In 2 Hit BB games I usually go Hawaii heavy, sometimes taking the island as well. Nothing else for those BBs to do anyway…and in a 2 hitter game, it is certain victory with likely no losses since the first two defensive hits are absorbed by the BBs. In a one hit BB game, I often go Hawaii light…sub, 1 Ftr, Bomber. Sometimes sending a BB as well, as one is all that is really needed for Japan anyway. I rarely go heavy in a 1 Hit game, unless the UK has a naked AC and the German Air is mostly intact. And sometimes I dont go at all, which is definately an option, since the US doesn’t gain that much beyond the fighter. If Manch and Kwang have been hit by Russia/UK…I definately ignore the US fleet.

So everything depends. Did the Russkies set up the Yakut wall? Are the Brits playing Skies over Siberia with their Bomber and the India Ftr in Yakut? Did they run the Kwangtung surprise?

Can never say 100% this or 100% that. It totally depends upon Russian and UK moves first.

SUD

• I dun see what all the fuss is about.
    of course Hawaii must be taken. Every experienced A&A player knows that.

• LOL…sorry couldn’t resist. Every truly experienced player, knows that it depends on the total picture.

I’ll make it easy. R1 sees Russia take Manchuria and land a ftr in China. UK 1 sees UK take or at least clear Kwang and land a ftr in China. They also fly in the bomber for support which lands in Yakut with the 2 Inf the Russkie moves up. As Japan, you now have a total of 2 Inf & 1 Ftr on the mainland. In China you are facing 2 Inf, 3 Ftrs, in Manchuria 2 Inf, 1 Arm. In Yakut, 2 Inf, 1 Bomber. Do you still want to go to Hawaii? As I said…it all depends upon the situation. Too risky for an Allied opening for you? How about you just build the Yakut wall, move the India tranny to Australia, land the 2 UK ftrs in Russia, retreat the India infantry to Sinkiang, and land the India Ftr and the Bomber in Yakut. Do you still want to go hard to Hawaii?

Everything depends…especially when you play with only 1 hitters for BBs.

SUD

• usually against veteran players you will not see very many Allied thrust in Asia as it leaves Asia wide open after the areas have been retaken. However in such an advent, I would leave my BB and tranny out of Pearl Harbor but still hit it with subs, aircraft, and fighters as stated above.

• You need to destroy the Hawaii fleet to keep your back free. Its too much for japan to fight both fronts, thus i feel its better to take out Hawaii instantly.
    I play with RR, and Japan has no trouble taking the Pacific.

But i guess its all relative.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m