• I was thinking about a way to make a defferent price chart for each country, to make some units cheaper and some higher and i’m asking for your help out there to find a way to make it historically accurate and still well balanced for the game.

I.E. USSR : inf cost 2, all boats are 2 IPC higher
    German. Subs and tank cheaper
    etc.

i hardly wait to see what you think about it !!!

• The problem with changing prices of cheap units is the price change is too dramatic. You get 50% more for the same buck, it would be like 8 IPC fighters. It might work out fine, but a 50% change is a bit dramatic. Perhaps 2 INF for 5? Round up to force purchases in pairs and saving a bit of extra. Would be interesting to test it!

BB

• This is an interesting idea. My problem, is under these circumstaances how will it balance out. With cheaper infantry, will Germany ever be abe to take moscow. Also, with cheaper tanks, would this allow Germany to shred the russians faster. Third option, is it will even out in the end. So why bother, play the game as it was intended.

• i agree whit both opf you guys, seems like any minor-like changes apply to the game system may cause the whole thing to collapse… Instead of changing the price range, maybe we could try to make a system of free units that each country will have on each turn and the numbers/types of units will be influenced by the total production of the country, the more you have the more you’ll get !!!

And what about building infantry, and only infantry, without an IC. I.E. : India can have 3 infantry per round, UK : 8 soviet far-eat : 2 etc…

• I think that it is best left the way it is. If you do change it make sure that you test it playing as each country as to not give a biased advantage to your fav country.

K rizma, as for your idea it could work, but if it is used be carefull with it or you will eventually turn your game into an oversized game of RISK.

Of course that is just what I think and hopefully you can come up with a way for it to work better than the way it is already.
    Good luck.

• When the game is played as is with say bidding or russia restricted I find that it often parallels history fairly well, at least the way the game play has evolved for me. It seems the allies concentrate new resources towards Germany initially. Once Germany can be held in check more goes towards the pacific.

Towards the end of the game often bombers do come into play to finally drive a nail in the coffin of Germany. Of course you get bizzare outcomes as well. I am just surpised that it stays as historical as it does!

Instead of changing the price of cheap units, maybe increase the price of more expensive units. The allies tend to build more naval and air units then the axis so this would tend to penalize the allies a bit more. Since adding 1 or 2 to air units or naval units is a small % change and those units represent a small % of total outlay over the long run it might be less of a ‘shock’ to the gameplay. Just a thought.

BB

• that’s sounds great BB :)

• what about:

inf - 4
    arm - 6
    sub - 6
    trn - 8
    car - 10
    bb - 12
    ftr - 8
    bmb - 10
    aa - 5
    ind - 15

then at least we may see some naval wars and more air, what do you think?
    of course still have a bid to keep it even

• Doesn’t this also bring up the trouble of the change in production costs over the 3+ years of the war?

Plus, both Germany & Russia’s armor improved and increased in #s, but Germany was throwing teenagers(quality troops?)into tanks and trenches by the end of the war.

• the game never was realistic, i was just saying those prices would change the strategies and mix it up…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m