I was just thinking that maybe we go with:
    Player 1 - Inxduk
    Player 2 - Laststrike
    Player 3 - Dezrtfish
    Player 4 - DarthMaximus
    (the order in which people signed up to play)

I don’t know if it is fair for me to join last and then have first pick of a capital location, or other territories.

Just a thought.

• we should play on the games forum:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1759

just go post your capital then. Whoever posts first goes first!

• Before we get going,I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on newly placed IC’s. I do not think we should go with unlimited production on newly placed ones. I also do not think that we should limit production to 2 units either.

laststrike

• '19 Moderator

How about an adopted W@W rule.

Infantry are produced using the IPC value of the territory and other units are produced from factories at the teritories IPC value.

So any non capital territory could produce up to two Inf, if it had a factory it would be able to produce and aditional 2 non-infantry units. This also applys to capitals, 10 max infantry and ten max other units.

Of course that doesn’t apply to initial setup.

• Dezrtfish -

I think that is a good idea and vote we adopt it as well. I think limiting production on a capital are good too.

Inxduk/DarthMaximus, what do you think?

laststrike

• '19 Moderator

I have also been thinking about it and I think we should with 18 IPC plus what ever is left from initial placement to spend and place at the end of the turn like a usual turn on the first round, it is kind of hard to be offencive when you get no reinforcement at the end of your turn.

Also I don’t care about the turn order the suggestion above is fine with me.

I like the 18 IPC thing after the initial placement phase.
    I also like the new restrictions on the new complexes (2 inf - 2 other), but I don’t like restricting the original complex. Afr, Europe, and Asia cover a lot of ground and big Inf purchases may be needed. Just my opinion.

• I am okay with the 18 starting IPC’s. I will modify the rules on the other thread.

I am not sure if limiting 10 INF to a capital would have that big of an impact. I see it if a player needs more infantry, then they just have to buy more complexes. I think it would be good to limit it so that it would force players into more aggressive buys. Inxduk - any opinions?

Darth- I agree with your idea to assign players to a particular country. I got us a game number for dicey so all of us will have access to the game log. The only problem with using a game log is that it is harder to change player emails. It is still possible, but it takes additional steps each turn. My suggestion is that we just use two player’s emails and stick with those. Any player that wants to check the rolls, just goes to the log.

Personally, I am not a big fan of receiving all of those emails into my inbox. Thus, if someone else would prefer to get all of the rolls, feel free to speak up (and provide your email). Before the game log is activated, I need to enter the two email addresses, so please let me know. If no one wants to receive the emails, I will provide the two addresses.

As far as player order, I am fine with what Darth suggested. Thus, Inxduk, I think you need to go and pick your capital on the game thread.

laststrike

• '19 Moderator

I think it is actualy quite rare to buy more than 10 Infantry in a single territory, and in case it is not clear you can purchase Infantry in any territory you own up to the IPC value.

So if your capital was in Africa and you owned the rest of the continent, 13 total territories I believe. you could, if you had the IPCs place 34 Inf. as well as building 10 assorted units in the factory in your capital. The Infantry would just be scattered throught the contenent, which I think is a bit more realistic. :)

Yeah, you guys are right about the inf thing. Even in regular A&A you rarely buy more than 10 inf, unless you’re Ger.

Although, that lase comment by dezrtfish about placing inf in other territories just confused me. I thought you had to place new units by a complex?
    Sorry, it’s getting close to lunch time here, plus it’s a Monday.
    Another reason I didn’t want to go first.

Oh, laststrike I’ll send you a PM with my email for rolls.

Nevermind, just saw the new rules on inf producing.

• @DarthMaximus:

laststrike I’ll send you a PM with my email for rolls.

Got it. Inxduk or Dezrtfish, if either of you want to receive the other side of the emails, let me know.

• '19 Moderator

I’d rather not but If nessacery I will. :)

• '19 Moderator

I think it is important that every one understands and agrees to the Infantry placement rule I suggested. It is directly from the World at War rules and changes the dynamics of the game quite a bit. I suggested it because it is more “Risk Like”

If you have any questions or don’t like the rule say something quick before we start.

No, it’s fine with me.
    But you can’t place in newly acquired territories, right?

Or at least that would be my suggestion. You can only place in territories that you held at the beginning of you turn.

• '19 Moderator

That is correct, I should have mentioned that. :oops:

• '19 Moderator

This is a direct quote from the third edition World at War rules:

1.1 Infantry: Any territory may be used to build additional troops without the placing of factories. However, these rules must apply: 1. The Territory or Area must have a point value. 2. The Territory must have been friendly held for at least one turn. (changed) 3. Troops being build may only be infantry. 4. Infantry pays the normal cost. 5. The placing of infantry in a non factory Area is restricted to the point value of the Area.
    EXAMPLE: Brazil has a point value of three. The owning player may build up to three infantry per turn, without having to build a factory.

1.2 Factories: Factories may only be build in Areas that have a printed point value. The number of pieces being built is restricted to the point value of the Area. Factories may not produce Infantry.
    EXAMPLE: Brazil has point value of three. The owning player may build up to three units of any type and also place up to three infantry per turn.

Except for the point value part this is what I had in mind.

• we can do this, but less and less is this even axis and allies at all
    but go ahead, i don’t care
    next game we play aa risk, i want different rules
    not because these are bad, but they are just one option
    now that we are ready, let’s post our capitals!!

• Inxduk - If you feel we are swaying too far from what you invisioned, then maybe we should reconsider that rule. As I said before, you started this thread and should have ultimate say in whether we play by a rule or not.

For me it does not matter as long as we are all playing by the same rules. I am pretty sure Dzrt and Darth feel the same.

We are all ready to play when you are. We have kinda nominated you to go first. Please post your capital selection over at the game thread. Also, let me know if you want to receive dicey emails or want to rely soley on the dicey log.

I’d be more then happy to play with the more A&A type rules. My initial concern was based on building a new factory where you could only place 2 units. It just didn’t seem like enough units to place for a 15 IPC investment. That’s why I liked the 2 inf-2 other for new complexes. But I’d feel fine if we did away with the 2 inf per territory and stuff. We can even do away with the 2-2 for new complexes. I can live with just being able to place 2 units total, to make it easier.
    I agree with Laststrike, if you would like to nix a rule go ahead, you did start this game and should not feel obligated to play in a way you didn’t envision.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m