• 1. can air unit retreat alone (not all units retreat) in the combat?

2. if all seazone is occpied by emeny around the sub, how can it retreat? can it stay at the original sea zone? in this case, is any diff between attacked by air unit and naval unit?

3. when amphibious assault, if there are enemy naval units in that sea zone, does the attacker transport (/w cargo) invlove this sea battle?

4. if there are sea battle before amphibious assault, only the land unit(unload from transport) can involve the land war? or i need to decide the air units (no involve the sea battle before) to attack that island in the combat movement pharse?

5. if all chips and units on the board, how i purchase more units(using sth to represent it), or this is the offical limited, to control the number of units?

6. if i got back the place which original belongs to my ally, then now, the place is belongs to me, or back to my ally?

7. in amphibious assault, can the attacker retreat? and how to do? back to transports?

8. after amphibious assault, is the battleship legal to move after the “one-shot” attack in non-combat movement phrase?

• 1. can air unit retreat alone (not all units retreat) in the combat?

No.

2. if all seazone is occpied by emeny around the sub, how can it retreat? can it stay at the original sea zone? in this case, is any diff between attacked by air unit and naval unit?

It can’t retreat, unless you are playing with the optional submersible subs rule, in which case it could submerge.

3. when amphibious assault, if there are enemy naval units in that sea zone, does the attacker transport (/w cargo) invlove this sea battle?

Yes, it could be destroyed (along with the infantry on board). You have to resolve the naval battle first and the transport has to survive to be able to unload the units into the amphibious assault.

4. if there are sea battle before amphibious assault, only the land unit(unload from transport) can involve the land war? or i need to decide the air units (no involve the sea battle before) to attack that island in the combat movement pharse?

That is correct. The land units from the transports can participate if the transport survives the naval battle, and you designate which air units are in the naval battle and which are in the land battle during the combat movement phase.

5. if all chips and units on the board, how i purchase more units(using sth to represent it), or this is the offical limited, to control the number of units?

Just go get some more poker chips! :) Supposedly you can’t. However, we always thought this was a stupid rule that has nothing to do with the game - we have pieces from two games combined into one. :P

6. if i got back the place which original belongs to my ally, then now, the place is belongs to me, or back to my ally?

It belongs to your ally.

7. in amphibious assault, can the attacker retreat? and how to do? back to transports?

Land units can not retreat - they must fight to the death. Air units can retreat if they are all that is remaining.

8. after amphibious assault, is the battleship legal to move after the “one-shot” attack in non-combat movement phrase?

No. The bombardment counts as an attack so it can’t move. This also means that it can’t fight a naval battle and bombard on the same turn, for example during an amphibious assault where the sea space was occupied by the enemy.

• @Zu:

I consider myself to be a liberal, understanding person who respects all cultures. I also appreciate the fact that my foreign language skills are pretty wretched. And yet I can’t help the fact that the way this is phrased is just SO–-DAM—FUNNY!..I’m very sorry–I’ll say 2 hailmarys before I go to bed…

Thanks for clarifying #5, S-U-D. I was one of those misguided people. Makes sense…

I’d also like to point out that w/ Submerging Subs, if the SUB moves out of the SZ on its Combat Move, it does not have to do battle with the adjacent units–just the ones in the SZ it is attacking…

Ozone27

• all your base are belong to us

• @cystic:

all your base are belong to us

:lol:

Ozone27

• @Soon_U_Die:

In 3rd Edition, Aerial Retreat allows you to retreat air at anytime during an Amphib assault. It doesn’t matter whether ground units are left or not, air can retreat, but it must all retreat, or none of it. Ground units fight to the death. These rules have also been clarified by Milton Bradley.

SUD - Thanks for clarifying my comments - I through those out pretty hastily. Question though - it’s strange - I wonder what made me think that air units can’t retreat until the land units are gone? I could have sworn we have always played that way… but now I can’t remember. Was that a common misconception that got clarified by MB and I missed it, or did I just pull that out of thin air in a sleep-deprived haze? :-?

• Supposedly you can’t. However, we always thought this was a stupid rule that has nothing to do with the game - we have pieces from two games combined into one

Interesting take i have on that. I follow that rule, and the reason me and my friends came up for it was that it represents the number of skilled generals in each countries army. So, the powers only have 10 skilled tank generals, but you can hacve as many regular guys driving tanks as you want, as per the unlimited chips under the plastic peace. And there is no point in haveing 2 generals leading one army(stack) so you can just put a regular guy there, or another chip.

• I could have sworn we have always played that way… but now I can’t remember. Was that a common misconception that got clarified by MB and I missed it, or did I just pull that out of thin air in a sleep-deprived haze?

The air units retreating if land units dead…isnt that an AAP rule? I remeber that too…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m