• I agree that most of the world’s Muslims are followers of a peaceful religion, but at the same time, I feel like parts of the Qur’an lend themselves to radical interpretation.

For instance,

“Those who believe fight in the way of Allah, and those who disbelieve fight in the way of the devil. So fight against the friends of the devil; surely the struggle of the devil is ever weak.” –-Qur’an 4:76

• there are verses (don’t ask me to find them) that tell muslims to be protectors of other faiths and not to go around killing people too.

• May I remind you of 2 words, The Crusades. Christians are just as bad.

• @Yanny:

May I remind you of 2 words, The Crusades. Christians are just as bad.

the topic was the Koran preaching violence against infidels.
    the bible (new testament) says nothing about the crusades (quite the opposite, really).
    people “claiming to be Christians” can be just as bad.
    Good heavens.
    I am an A&A player. I will kill all people who do not play A&A. Does that mean that i’ve just contaminated every good person who plays A&A? Yanny - this makes you just as bad as i am - guilty of killing non-A&A players, by your reasoning, if indeed Christians are just as bad as those hundreds of years ago who persecuted other people.

• True CC, i am sure the core belief of Christianism and Islamism do not preach violence, but the Crusaders kill because of their faith, like Hitler.(even if there is some christian propaganda that tell it is false). Lots of people kill because of their faith…

Note that this does not mean god does not exist. Just that some of his fidels were barbarian.

• coh,
    Good point. There are those of every faith who read the words incorrectly. Others are taught perversions of their chosen faith.

AS FOR EVERYONE ELSE,
    Guys, Gals, Whatever You Call Yourselves,

Each of you, name three great ones( writers, thinkers, and or doers).

Now APOLOGIZE to them for the poor disciple you have been of them and their works!

cc,
    you first.
    You are found GUILTY of giving a confusingly poor example. We want others to join the discussions. Not run away screaming with a headache.
    Your sentence is to go read a book on debate.

Yboss and F_S,
    as for you,
    You are are found GUILTY in the first degree of condemning the faithful along with the psuedo-faithful. Would you find all mathematicians guilty because one didn’t change millimeters to inches (or vice versa) on a recent Mars mission? I think not! Your sentence is to go and read three books. One on debate and two on logic. (If you have read one in the last six moths, Please, reread it, rather than a new one.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Case dismissed. - Xi

• @Xi:

cc,
    you first.
    You are found GUILTY of giving a confusingly poor example. We want others to join the discussions. Not run away screaming with a headache.

Hey - even FinsterniS didn’t tear me apart the way he usually tries to. Geez . . . one little run-on sentance . . . .
    Besides - i’m not a debator. I know it is evident to most people here, but that’s not my role in this life. Certainly i try to defend my faith. Anyway i was just thinking that a more appropriate example:
    Communists killed my great-grandparents (for owning a factory) leaving my grandfather an 11-y/o orphin. Therefore FinsterniS and F_alk (people who subscribe to communist beliefs) are guilty of the same (as per Yanny-logic).

• Communists killed my great-grandparents (for owning a factory) leaving my grandfather an 11-y/o orphin. Therefore FinsterniS and F_alk (people who subscribe to communist beliefs) are guilty of the same (as per Yanny-logic).

First i often repeated in my past post it was important to make a dinstinctin between Chritians and Christianism. Some christian may have done horrible thing, Christianism is not necessarly horrible (for that anyway), same thing goes for communism.

Second i am for a strong state and redistribution of the wealth. I’m a Social Democrat. i believe maybe one day we would be able to be in a communist society; but not now. I am not a communist :)

• @FinsterniS:

First i often repeated in my past post it was important to make a dinstinctin between Chritians and Christianism. Some christian may have done horrible thing, Christianism is not necessarly horrible (for that anyway), same thing goes for communism.

Second i am for a strong state and redistribution of the wealth. I’m a Social Democrat. i believe maybe one day we would be able to be in a communist society; but not now. I am not a communist :)

First - true - i was merely teasing Xi and Yanny
    Second - sorry.

• Join the Communist Revolution! Search your feelings, you know it to be true…

• The Communists killed more than 100 million people in the 20th century.

In what century have Islamists and Christians combined killed anywhere near 100 million?

WHo is Yboss?

About Islam accepting violence, I believe it is more innate than Christianity. Not saying that either is a violent religion, but they have both accepted violence as a means to and end at some point. However, Osama Bin Laden is not practicing violence which could be condoned by the Koran.

• “The Communists killed more than 100 million people in the 20th century.”

Oh… how easy it is to condemn alleged “Communist,” which were really power hungry authoritarians in disguise. Yes, everybody listen to YB’s shining example! By your very logic, I can go around condemning Christianity and Christians for their acts in The Crusades (making no difference in trying to separate radical fundamentalist only looking out for themselves and trampling over the words of God). Good one – try again later.

• Screw Communists! who the hell would want to live in a Communist world! i say Long live Facism and i dont care what any other Leftist hippey Social Democrat scum say! and i like Islam i find it a very peacful religeon.

• this is Ewok btw :)

• @TG:

“The Communists killed more than 100 million people in the 20th century.”

Oh… how easy it is to condemn alleged “Communist,” which were really power hungry authoritarians in disguise. Yes, everybody listen to YB’s shining example! By your very logic, I can go around condemning Christianity and Christians for their acts in The Crusades (making no difference in trying to separate radical fundamentalist only looking out for themselves and trampling over the words of God). Good one – try again later.

HEY!!!
    you can’t just go turning my excellent argument in defense of Christianity irrespective of the crusades against us!!!
    BAD MOSES!!! :x :evil: :x

• Screw Communists! who the hell would want to live in a Communist world! i say Long live Facism and i dont care what any other Leftist hippey Social Democrat scum say!

Well… if you give me control of South Africa, New Zealand, and China when your Fascist Regime comes to power - well, I just might be inclined to change my mind :) Long live Commun- ummmm… err… Fascism! :P

HEY!!!
    you can’t just go turning my excellent argument in defense of Christianity irrespective of the crusades against us!!!
    BAD MOSES!!!

Yep, how easy it is for the acts of a few to paint a bad picture of all. You know what they say, “It takes but one worm to spoil the apple.” (assuming these worm’s are “true” Christians or Communist) But if I was using YB’s logic, hey why stop condemning those people today for what happened in the past (and what was admitted as being wrong by both parties). Stop the hate! Give Christians and Communist (or Christian Communist - but that’s a different story altogether :wink:) a chance! :)

• @TG:

HEY!!!
    BAD MOSES!!!

Yep, how easy it is for the acts of a few to paint a bad picture of all. You know what they say, “It takes but one worm to spoil the apple.” (assuming these worm’s are “true” Christians or Communist) But if I was using YB’s logic, hey why stop condemning those people today for what happened in the past (and what was admitted as being wrong by both parties). Stop the hate! Give Christians and Communist (or Christian Communist - but that’s a different story altogether :wink:) a chance! :)

fair enough. I forgive you.
    Hey! I love you . . . MAN!!! :lol:

• Uh Crypt… you’re not getting my beer :wink:

• @TG:

Uh Crypt… you’re not getting my beer :wink:

oh dear me . . . i’m not getting any watered down american pee-water. Whatever will i throw out my window at noisy people?
    Good enough.
    Pass me an Alexander Keiths, and i’ll be happy.

• @cystic:

@Xi:

cc,
    you first.

…i was just thinking that a more appropriate example:
    Communists killed my great-grandparents (for owning a factory) leaving my grandfather an 11-y/o orphin. Therefore FinsterniS and F_alk (people who subscribe to communist beliefs) are guilty of the same (as per Yanny-logic).

Much better! I give you a C+. However, it is ‘orphan’ not (see above) :) .
    –-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What book on debate have you chosen to read. I must approve it before you begin. You will have two weeks from the date of approval to submit your written report. It must be 3,000 words(minimum), include five examples of correct debating style, a general overview, and your detailed opinion of the book(e.g., “It really sucked!” will not suffice). :P :D - Xi

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m