• @Xi:

@Ozone27:

If they brought in an INF or 2 (or obviously if they added an IC), they probably are not intending to mount a “Germany 1st” strategy. In that case, this opener would be a bad move, because the Allies are obviously planning a strong defense in Asia and if you leave an opening (i.e. in F I/C Burma), they will then try to go on the offensive, possibly wreaking havoc.
    Ozone27

This is still a GF strategy! It’s just a GFwGBDJ variation. That’s Germany First with Great Britain Delaying Japan. TRY AGAIN.

Yeh…OK, but the Allies must still stick to the rules. If they don’t ship stuff in by sea, they will have to put an IC down. And until they do that they are stuck with what they’ve got on the board in India. Point is; if the Allies WANT you to blunt your teeth on India, why bother doing it? Why not do what they DON’T WANT you to do–kill USSR!

Ozone27

• But then again, an unchecked IC in India could pose a threat to the Japanese flank and advancement to Moscow.

• The good thing about Ozone’s strat is that UK goes first before Japan! Therefore, Japan will know ahead of time what the Allies intentions are in SE Asia. UK build a IC in India? Fine, just change the strategy to the one you would normally used (attacking all of Asia at once, not just Soviet held territories)! It’s still a work in progress, but Ozone’s strat is looking promising.

• @TG:

Uh no offense, but wasn’t Ozone’s strat a way for the Axis to couteract the “Get Germany First” strategy that the Allies throw at you? Also, I consider Ozone’s strategy very different with previous theory. Xi, you have to read all of it before you can grasp what Ozone is trying to do (AKA the “Hawaii Compromise”)

TGM6,
    I did, I did, I did read the whole strategismo afore making my call. This does not counteract the GFS, it just delays it a few turns.

I’d like to point something out. Let’s say this plan delays the Allies so that Germany falls on the turn after Moscova is taken by the yellow dogs. In most cases, it leaves the Axis with only one strong building and attacking power. The Allies get two chances to counter, or attack and reinforce, for every Japanese turn. I’m sure you’ve all seen this played out before. The end is… the Allies win again 75% to 95% of the time. BUT, Germany doen’t get to play for the last half of the game. How BORING for the Kraut!

Oh, Well! Another attempt at reinventing the wheel. We could spend our time more productively laying out our religious, economic, and/or social beliefs for future discussions. - Xi

• I agree with the India strategy–if the Allies try to defend India T1, you should surround it by siezing (Greater) China. Then they are isolated early and if they put an IC down you are in an advantageous position (although that IC can still be a pain in the butt sometimes if you ask me!).

“Hawaii Lite”…now there’s a name! :D

Ozone27

• Although it sets me back 30 IPCs, I prefer to build complexes in both S. Africa and Egypt. Then I roll 4 tanks a turn up Japan’s (sometimes soft) underbelly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m