• test

• it looks like it worked.

• That depents on what this person is testing :wink:

Greetz J.

• Sticking his toe in the water? :-?

• '19 Moderator

I like seeing those Forest Quotes, Helluva story behind that guy.

• Yeah, I wish more people knew about him. If there were more generals like him the war would have been a lot shorter too! Quite a character!

• I reckon Nathan Forrest did the Confederacy right :P
    But if there was a war, I’ve love to have his history. A private when the war of Northern Aggression broke out, he rose through the ranks to become a Lieutenant General. For those intrested, check out the “God of War.” It ranks among Sun’s Tzu’s Art of War 8)

• '19 Moderator

Just imagine if Forest had been able to go to West Point and actualy study millitary theory! and the business success he had before the war makes you wonder what kind of general Bill Gates would be. ;)

• '19 Moderator

And hey what about his great grandson Forest Gump!

• Bill Gates riding into battle!? Sorry but a squared-eye, geeky guy running around with a computer does not represent my God of War. :wink:

Worker: “The server is down again!”
    Bill Gates: “Excellent! Windows 2003 is ready to ship!”

• Hey, watch it! That is exactly what hindered Forrest! There were few Confederate genl’s who had any respect for him because he had no military education! Bill Gates (excuse my french) probably WOULD be a good general. That probably goes along with why Sun Tzu is good for business. Something to think about!

• Forrest and Bill are two different kind of businessmen! At least Forrest had sound judgment and good morals. Bill Gates ran around swindling and stealing other people’s stuff, then calling it his own. Actually, I take that back. Gates would be good a raiding Union Supply Depots, then claiming the stuff for the Confederacy! :P

“Good artist copy; great artist steal.”

• :o :D :-?

• @TG:

Forrest and Bill are two different kind of businessmen! At least Forrest had sound judgment and good morals. Bill Gates ran around swindling and stealing other people’s stuff, then calling it his own. Actually, I take that back. Gates would be good a raiding Union Supply Depots, then claiming the stuff for the Confederacy! :P

Sounds like a great plan! Too bad more Confederate leaders didn’t try it. :lol:

• Yes, Gates then could sold the stolen weapons and equipment back to the North and make a profit for the South! :wink:
    But first, Gates would have to “bug” (replace all the parts with faulty ones) the equipment and make it “crash,” causing the guns to malfunction when the North tried to fire them. This in turn would cause the North to purchase the “upgrade” from Gates, giving the South even more money! Bill Gates, you’re a genius! :P

• Well, as they say, “business is war!”
    When i was a territory manager for a (large) pharmaceutical company, i read Sun Tzu’s Art of War.
    Competition the difference is instead of spending money and forming corporate alliances, etc., you are spending people, merging forces, etc.
    Anticipation is the watchword in business no less than in war. Be the biggest dog on the block, utilize the fog (of war or numbers) to your advantage, take no prisoners, have no mercy, work long hours, build connections, use the big guns appropriately, etc.
    you get where i’m coming from.

• :evil:

Yeh…Nathan Bedford Forest was an AWESOME guy. He kicked ass against the Union and after the war he went home, dusted himself off, had a cup of coffee, and put on a nice, shiny white Ku Klux Klan robe and hunted the ni**ers!!!

Lets not get too carried away here, guys; Nathan Bedford Forest was a MONSTER…

:x

Ozone27

• '19 Moderator

I never said he was a nice guy, I was comenting on the fact that he was a great strategist, he was self taught, and the youngest general in the civil war.

• Yeah, there’s a difference between military strategy and personal ethics (Good example being the damnYankee, William T. Sherman).

• Forrest got out of the KKK when it got too violent for him. If there were more “monsters” instead of Hoods and Braggs the war would have been different, most likely shorter. Believe me. 'Nuff said.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m