• @HortenFlyingWing:

it was called a “potlach”!

"here will always be competition. What you’re thinking about is more of the capitalist notion of man vs man. However, what about man vs disease, starvation, building a better future, nature, and poverty against other things? Of course the idea of only bettering ourselves (and maybe those around us), but a lot of this is due to regionalization. When America first started up, it was just thought of a bunch of member states, not as a whole nation (we’ll not until the war of “Northern Aggression.” But that’s a different story ). That’s why for communist to achieve a better place on Earth, it must be global. "

and it is next to impossible with the diversity of the world’s cultures that, that will happen. Not only that, I find that the system is flawed ebcause how man inherintly acts. (spell.)

i think another problem with all systems (besides “Man’s” inherent nature - be it greed, lazyness, etc.) is they all will ultimately require the exchange of some kind of currency. Maybe this is because of the nature i mentioned, but for a capitalist the currency is money. For a communist it will be something else - power, status, SOMETHING. Even utopia will never be utopia - not if there is a rock, a seashell, or something around that will establish a pecking order of some kind - that will require the exchange of SOME kind of currency. I’d rather be the guy who applies suntan lotion to the hot women in the utopian society, but who do i have to screw in order to avoid being the “sanitation engineer”?
    Communism requires the use of a currency - it’s just more subtle than capitalism, and does not provide for the dreams of exceeding one’s reach.

• sorry - the above was mine.

• “and it is next to impossible with the diversity of the world’s cultures that, that will happen. Not only that, I find that the system is flawed ebcause how man inherintly acts. (spell.)”

Easy. Stage a massive alien invasion totally propagated by the government (be sure to make them look invincible). World unites together to defeat common enemy. Leave door open for more alien attacks, deflecting prejudice to aliens and forcing man to work together to overcome cultural differences. Inherently? Inherently I would like to take my shotgun and blow your head off. (j/k :wink: , but stick with my example) Well why don’t I? First there’s a little thing we like to call self-restraint and pride in knowing you have it. Then we have morals and common good and decency. Then we have laws and the punishments in case they are broken. (and believe me, only the threat of getting expelled from school stopped me in getting into fights on more than one occasion).

“think another problem with all systems (besides “Man’s” inherent nature - be it greed, lazyness, etc.) is they all will ultimately require the exchange of some kind of currency.”

Under communism there is a free exchange of goods.

“I’d rather be the guy who applies suntan lotion to the hot women in the utopian society, but who do i have to screw in order to avoid being the “sanitation engineer”?”

Sanitation engineer? Is this the pc way for janitor? Don’t worry, we’ll have machines by then who can do that. Wait…Heck we already have self cleaning bathrooms! Oh and lotion on hot women is more of a hobby.

“utopia will never be utopia”

I agree. If you want a utopia, die and go to heaven. And even chances are you’ll probably get bored and it would no longer seem like a utopia. It’s all a matter of time.

“Communism requires the use of a currency - it’s just more subtle than capitalism, and does not provide for the dreams of exceeding one’s reach.”

Those evil communists! :roll:

• this has so moved to other topics!

• You know what I just realized? This is probably one of the only topics that hasn’t gone off topic! Behold, the power of communism! :o

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m