• Founder TripleA Admin

Please be patient with the follow blatant promotion of some other product. But its for a good cause, keeping this site running.

I’m just writing this off the top of my head so hopefully it won’t sound too infomercial…

If you watch or buy or rent a lot of DVDs and you have not signed up for Netflix, then you are totally missing out. If you are (err, were) like me, you can never seem to return DVDs to the video store on time. In fact, I heard that 40% of Blockbuster 's revenue comes from late fees. (This is just an unsubstantiated rumor for now). So anyway, Netflix rocks. You have a set number of DVDs that are mailed to you and you can keep them until the end of time but you won’t get any new ones until you send back the ones you have. And the shipping is free. I usually go through about 6 movies a month for 20, which is cheaper than BB. I saved oodles on DVDs I didn’t buy because I rented with Netflix to much sure I really wanted it. I’ve been a member for over 2 years but then again I have friends who sign up for 3-4 months watch everything they want to see, cancel, and sign up again 3-4 months later. Okay, enough of that. Here’s the link …

Help support this website, watch some movies, and save time and money.

[ This Message was edited by: djensen on 2002-06-14 11:34 ]

• Sounds tight!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, I just wished they rented games too. Then I could tear up my Lackluster, I mean Blockbuster, membership card.

Have you noticed that I don’t like Blockbuster very much?

• It was actually Cheaper to buy Men in Black today at Blockbuster than to rent it :smile: Needless to say, I own a nice new (well used) copy of MIB.

• Well, usually I like to support my neighborhood video rental instead of signing up with major businesses like Blockbuster.

• Founder TripleA Admin

True but my area really doesn’t have any quality local video rental stores.

And with Netflix I don’t even have to search out a place or worry about closing times etc. Even so I still would like a local business from whom I could rent PS2 games. But no such luck.

• Well, if your local video store doesn’t have it, then by all means, go ahead! More power to ya.

However, for a working Joe like me, I just try to support local industry a much as I can. I’ll even foot the tab if the Chain Store sells it at a lower price, unless as the difference isn’t too radical. (like when I bought my second copy of A&A for $20 cheaper online than if I had bought it at my local hobby store)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m