• And thats assuming that you claim is true. Which you have no proof of.

• Well, your accusations aren’t entirely accurate. I do have evidence to support my claim. Look at the laws that we have against prostitution in the United States. This is evidence that supports my claims.

Don’t compare pro-slavery to anti-prositution. They are two entirely different mindsets. I understand what you’re trying to say about the opinion of a majority of people, but it’s falls to deaf ears. This subject is not completely black and white. You can’t just “make prostitution legal” and expect the problems that go with it to disappear. You need to look at the big picture.

• @Deviant:Scripter:

@F_alk:

How can you support guns, but call the things two consenting adults may do immoral?

Easily. Owning a gun is not immoral. Two people hopping in the sack together, so they can make some quick cash, is immoral.

i thought only one does make money….
    just like i do when i give private lessons…
    is that immoral?

and my question on how you can support guns is aiming at the potential damage they can do, compared to the “damage” that sex between consenting adults does. Please explain that, and i am still wating for the numbers i have asked you for.

Well, your accusations aren’t entirely accurate. I do have evidence to support my claim. Look at the laws that we have against prostitution in the United States. This is evidence that supports my claims.

…I understand what you’re trying to say about the opinion of a majority of people, but it’s falls to deaf ears. This subject is not completely black and white. You can’t just “make prostitution legal” and expect the problems that go with it to disappear. You need to look at the big picture.

(1) whoever thinks that laws and justiceness have anything to do with each other is a fool :) … esp. when your country is litereally run by lawyers.
    (2) as said somewhere else, in Alabama inter-racial marriage is illegal (though not prosecuted anymore). Is interracial marriage therefore immoral? Why is it immoral in Alabama but not in Delaware?
    Your evidence is worth nothing, it’s not even evidence. Look at the laws the neterhlands have… that’s “evidence” against your claim.
    (3) you understand the point that Ghoul made, but you don’t accept it? How that? Because of the grey tones that exist when you need them, but not all the time (see the China-thread for that).

My new question:
    What is bad about the situation at the moment.
    What would be worse (!) if you made prostitution “more legal” or “absolutely legal” (which means, different degrees, grey tones, in what’s illegal, what’s being prosecuted etc).

As: If it doesn’t make the situation worse, why not make it legal? Less laws, less government involvement … isn’t that one of the basics of US-way-of-thinking? And it could always improve… even it doesn’t solve all problems overnight (again greytones that you forgot to think of or mention)

• @F_alk:

What is bad about the situation at the moment.

You have pimps out there who do not differentiate between legal aged and underage women. This is an enormous problem. Not to mention the spread of AIDS and other STD’s.

@F_alk:

What would be worse (!) if you made prostitution “more legal” or “absolutely legal” (which means, different degrees, grey tones, in what’s illegal, what’s being prosecuted etc).

As: If it doesn’t make the situation worse, why not make it legal? Less laws, less government involvement … isn’t that one of the basics of US-way-of-thinking? And it could always improve… even it doesn’t solve all problems overnight (again greytones that you forgot to think of or mention)

A lot could be worse. Look at the problems that prostitution is creating today, and imagine the intensity of those problems when you have even MORE people out on the street selling themselves.

Ok, now it’s my turn.
    My question to you is: If you think prostitution is absolutely fine, and that we should be allowed to sell ourselves however we want, would you let your own daughter (or when you have one) walk the streets and sell sex for money? Please tell me that you are smart enough to realize the reprocussions that come from something like this…

You have pimps out there who do not differentiate between legal aged and underage women. This is an enormous problem. Not to mention the spread of AIDS and other STD’s.

A lot could be worse. Look at the problems that prostitution is creating today, and imagine the intensity of those problems when you have even MORE people out on the street selling themselves.

Making prostitution more legal will help you against pimps who don’t differentiate. With a bit of time and effort, you can even greatly reduce the power the pimps have over their prostitutes.
    As well, the spread of STDs only is a problem when the prostitutes are forced to “work” unprotected. If condoms were standard (are they over there?) then it wouldn’t be such a problem: Here we have that problem only with the most desperate prostitutes, usually junkies.

Legality would reduce the danger for the prostitutes, as they could go to the police after they have been beaten up, not paid etc… With that the need for pimps would be reduced, and with that the danger that stems of the pimps will be reduced as well.
    The prostitutes would have a stronger voice, as well when it comes to “enforce” the use of condoms.

Ok, now it’s my turn.
    My question to you is: If you think prostitution is absolutely fine, and that we should be allowed to sell ourselves however we want, would you let your own daughter (or when you have one) walk the streets and sell sex for money? Please tell me that you are smart enough to realize the reprocussions that come from something like this…

Two points:
    First, as long as it is illegal, it is very dangerous for her. Violence from the pimps, the “customers”, the police etc, with noone to really go to for help… No, i wouldn’t like that.

If it was a legal job, with the security-measurements that you need for that job … then i come to point two:
    Walk the streets … that is extremely “low standard” prostitution. No, i wouldn’t like to see that. My daughter should be smart enough to know what her price is, and that would be more that walking on the streets, but maybe some kind of high-class-whore. …
    Just as i wouldn’t like her to work as a clerk in a supermarket … but in the management instead…

And i am still waiting for the numbers of the guns and deaths in the USA…
    As a question for you: Will you support gun ownership after your daughter/son has been killed in a high school massacre?

• @F_alk:

Two points:
    First, as long as it is illegal, it is very dangerous for her. Violence from the pimps, the “customers”, the police etc, with noone to really go to for help… No, i wouldn’t like that.

If it was a legal job, with the security-measurements that you need for that job … then i come to point two:
    Walk the streets … that is extremely “low standard” prostitution. No, i wouldn’t like to see that. My daughter should be smart enough to know what her price is, and that would be more that walking on the streets, but maybe some kind of high-class-whore. …

(Laughing Out Loud) :lol:
    Always keep high aspirations for your children…

@F_alk:

And i am still waiting for the numbers of the guns and deaths in the USA….

Guns death in the United States: 39,595

BUT……that’s nothing compared to abortion statistics: 1,200,000*

*I bring this up because these are both intentional “killings.”

@F_alk:

As a question for you: Will you support gun ownership after your daughter/son has been killed in a high school massacre?

I absolutely will. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. That kid who brings the gun to school to kill someone could have just as easily attacked them with a bomb or a knife. If you want to talk about school shootings, we need to get to the root of the problem, not just address the after-effects. My point is, is that those kids are troubled to begin with, and psychological counseling and education for teachers and students will do WAY MORE to prevent school shootings, then just taking away one of their weapons.

• I agree with F_alk that prostitution should be legalized, though I agree with Deviant:Scripter that guns should be legalized.

• I agree with F_alk that guns should be outlawed, and i agree with D:S that prostitution should be clamped down on (although more from a demand side than a supply side - unless you’re talking about pimps).
    That would make me in opposition to TG.
    En Garde!!

• Hahaha… Good.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m