• @Mr:

That was my " Guest" post……im stupid.

• Hockey’s a great sport and all but isn’t this place for talking of the World Cup? :wink:

• Ya, I’m Hi-jacking this tread!8)

• Nah, hockey can never replace soccer. Simply put, it can never be played worldwide like soccer can. For soccer, all you need is a ball, an open field, and 4 rocks to mark goal post. Wtih hockey you have to wear all that equipment, have your goals, and play either in a indoor arena or in a frozen lake. (Not to mention you first need to know how to ice skate).

• @TG:

Nah, hockey can never replace soccer. Simply put, it can never be played worldwide like soccer can. For soccer, all you need is a ball, an open field, and 4 rocks to mark goal post. Wtih hockey you have to wear all that equipment, have your goals, and play either in a indoor arena or in a frozen lake. (Not to mention you first need to know how to ice skate).

Ya, your right it wont replace soccer, why would the world bother. You can’t beat Canada at hockey so why even try!:)

Most people who play hockey here learn to skate right after they learn to walk.
    I played in my first hockey game when i was 5 years old, on a outdoor rink at 5:30 in the morning, in -30 weather……thats hardcore devotion.

• @Candyman67:

And half Caucasian.

i sa a picture, my mistake…i could of swore we had a black guy on our team…

i apologize!

• “Ya, your right it wont replace soccer, why would the world bother. You can’t beat Canada at hockey so why even try!”

Enjoy you moment in the sun for now (well sun melts the ice, so enjoy in the refrigerator), Americans will soon take over the sport like we’re doing everything at else. Give it 20 or so years, and we’ll take it over like soccer (you can’t say we’re not getting better already). :)

• Ein Olli Kahn … es gibt nur ein Olli Kahn! Ein Olli Kaaaaaaahaaaaahn … es gibt nur ein Olli Kaahaahn… being a total bogan for germany having reached the finals

Ein Rudi Voeller ! … es gibt nur ein Rudi Voeller !!! Ein Rudi Vooehooooeller …es gibt nur ein Rudi Voooehoeller !!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!
    yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!

as a german abroad i am double happy …wooooooohooooooooo !!!
    especially after the team played total crap at the EURO 2000.

Watch out for 2006 !!! There we will get the cup (latest :) ) !!!

• WELL, Germany beat South Korea…Brazil better win against Turkey, cuz then me my brother are gonna bet on the final match. (me for Germany, him for Brazil)

• Well Congrats on Germany for beating South Korea!! It was a tight game, and almost a repeat showing of when US tore the Germans to pieces. 8) Kinda hope the Koreans could win since Germany stands a good chance of winning on THEIR homecourt in '06, but at least they’ll give Brazil a challenge. (Well unless Turkey pulls some sort of Jihad and manages to wow everybody :wink: ). The real match is probably gonna be South Korea and Turkey. It would be great to see these two go at it.

• @TG:

The real match is probably gonna be South Korea and Turkey. It would be great to see these two go at it.

Can’t wait for Saturday’s game!!! It’s a safe bet to say that the “Red Devils” will be out in full force just as if it were a Finals game. :)

Steve

• Haha, you Koreans amaze me! :wink: After you won against Spain, the whole nation was in some sort of druken victory parade (I even heard some fans suffered heartattacks and fainted).

“Police issued a statement before the match that they expected some seven million Koreans to take to the streets of the country to watch the game on one of the thousands of large-screen TVs that had been set up all around the country. Of those seven million, one million were expected to gather outside the stadium”

Wow. Talk about naitonal pride. 8)

Not to mention the people back here, jumping and hollering all over the place :D

“When referee Urs Meier blew the final whistle, none of the fans in the stadium, or those outside left the area. They continued cheering and did so until the Korean players had gone to all four side’s of the stadium and bowed, which is considered a sign of respect. In return they received, what could have been, the biggest cheer of the evening.”

Ha, this is almost as good as General Robert E. Lee gracious in defeat at Approximate Courthouse. :wink:

• “Well unless Turkey pulls some sort of Jihad and manages to wow everybody”

Yeah, and the Mets will win the world series!

• Hey, the Mets are a good team! :roll:
    (Not that I would know much about baseball)

• Germany will be victorious!!! I just say to make it easier that the Turks must win, I would imagine them being a lot easier than what I would call the god team of soccer Brazil. All in all, Go Germany!

• Ha, in your dream pal! :wink:
    Brazil will take it all the way (it’ll still probably be a close game)! You saw how well they played today against Turkey in the second half. Heck, they even beat England with a 10-man team in the last 33 minutes of the game! That and consider how much Germany had to struggle against Korea and United States. Now it’s great to see these two teams (Brazil 4 cups, Germany 3) finally go at in the Finals in the first time in history. But if Brazil’s Ronaldo is 100%, I expect Brazil to come out on top.

• i put the chances 2/3 for Brazil, 1/3 for Germany. The germans have a dominating defense (with Kahn as goalie), so if they can make it to the penalty shootout, then i would reverse the chances from there.

• Grant Fuhr, who won many Stanley cups with the Edmonton Oilers was african canadian, or black. He also went on to play a very productive career with the St. Louis Blues, you could see his afro popping out of the bottom of his helmet, pretty cool looking, intersting side note, he is also a lefty.

also, i heard a stat that either Brazil or Germany had been in the finals for every world cup since WW2, but this will be their first meeting.

go brazil!!!

• " The germans have a dominating defense (with Kahn as goalie), so if they can make it to the penalty shootout, then i would reverse the chances from there."

It’ll be great to see two “legends” going against each other. Ronaldo, the master of offense vs Kahn, a genius at goal keeping. Ronaldo was able to outplay and outrace 4 defenders of the Turkish team (no small feat) to score, while Kahn single-handedly stopped the American Upsurge (another big feat). How these two play will determine the outcome of the game.

• One could dream TG, one could… :lol: It will be a great game though I agree definetely. My dad is rootin for Brazil but I’m goin for the German people! I refuse to bet on the game though, odds are in favor of Brazil them being the god-team of soccer…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m