• Tied?! Italy SHOULD have won by golly! They had an offside goal… WHICH WASN’T OFFSIDE! Ald that yellow-Red card wasn’t even a card, it was a penalty!

It was just a dumb referee!

• USA beat mexico??? holy crap! when i found that out! We lost to poland, and IMO the likely victor will be Brasil! They won in 94, they have 4 'cupsand here’s a 5th one. they are the NY yankees of Futbol!

• South Korea has home pitch advantage

• Well… we lost to Poland mainly because there wasn’t as much drive to win the game (seeing as we already qualified for the next round).

• Well, thinking that you are qualified, when all that’s needed to go out is a goal by Portugal (even though they really played crap for most of the tournament, they showed what they could have done when they were left with nine players), is quite optimistic g….

Did you notice, that for south korean wins, the mean number of opposing plaers left on the pitch is …
    … 10 …

• I guess so. But I Portugal never really had a shot in Korea’s home court, at least not any more so than Poland.

• Japan didnt make it… that sucks cause I love that place. Korea man, they haven’t beaten Italy since '66 so hey kudos to them, I still got this feelin Brazil is gonna whoop since they are a god team of the sport…

• Well, me too :( . But look at it this way, I won’t have to choose between Senegal and Japan (I like to root for the underdogs). This way my loyalities can remain intact with the African country.

• Hmmm… Brazil going to win eh? Although I much agree and also feel they have one of the much greater chances… They are about to play their toughest oppponent of the year.

Tomorrow they play vs. England, with David Beckham and Owen and all, unless Beckham can’t play cuz of injury. I think Brazil will win, but not with on-field play, I think it’ll go to penalties.

As for the USA - Germany match coming up on the same day I believe, I think Germany will and deserve to win. They are the better team, no offence to Americans :P

Best of luck to all in the World Cup!

• Yeah well if England wins I wouldn’t mind it one bit, Brazil wins too much… Yeah I’m cool with the US gettin to the semis so if they lose no biggy. I’m just gonna root for Korea though, maybe they will do what France did last time beating Brazil… One could dream right? :wink:

• Germany will win so i am cheering for the best country in the western hemisphere! Go Brasil!

• Well I’ll still be cheering for my country, no matter how much I like the Germans. But upsets have been known to happen. Just look at these past Winter Olympics where USA dazzled everybody by winning so many medals. I’m not a big believer in luck, but USA needs all it can to win.

• @TG:

Well I’ll still be cheering for my country, no matter how much I like the Germans. But upsets have been known to happen. Just look at these past Winter Olympics where USA dazzled everybody by winning so many medals. I’m not a big believer in luck, but USA needs all it can to win.

I think the game is on 4 in the morning…I have a chem regents tommorrow so i 'll wake up at 7:00 and watch sports center to find out.

• Well gosh darn! :cry: USA lost to the Germany 1:0. Kinda sucks, but USA gave it their all, and I’m real proud of that. :) If the Germans weren’t so good goal keepers and our shots curved a little to the left/right we would’ve won this thing ! :wink: Best of luck against Spain/South Korea. Give it ~20 years and we’ll dominate at that sport (or at least Buy off every other country’s good players).

• Great job to the US team! Best team in 70-some-odd years. They put in a great fight. Brazil is one of the favorites…if not THE favorite, and it showed…they still dominated even with a 10 man squad.

I hope S. Korea does well…my motherland. :) “Dae Han Min Gook!!!” :D

Steve

• The game is tomarrow, and I have a hunch they can pull off another upset against Spain. Still hoping that Senegal will beat Turkey, beat Brazil, and go on to win EVERYTHING. One can hope, right? :-?

• @TG:

Well gosh darn! :cry: USA lost to the Germany 1:0. Kinda sucks, but USA gave it their all, and I’m real proud of that. :) If the Germans weren’t so good goal keepers and our shots curved a little to the left/right we would’ve won this thing ! :wink: Best of luck against Spain/South Korea. Give it ~20 years and we’ll dominate at that sport (or at least Buy off every other country’s good players).

great match. it was very competitive, and hopefully America works hard so we can do something in 06.

• Senegal 0, Turkey 1. Uh, this stings almost as worse as the USA loss! :x
    I was really hoping that my fellow Africans would make it into the semi-finals, but no deal! :cry: Oh well, give it another four years is my moto :)

But on the upside, South Korea won - again. :wink: I’m really cheering for the home team now that USA and Senegal have been knocked out. Hell, we’ll show those Europeans what we’re made of! -Poland- -Portugal- -Italy- -Spain-… Germany, you’re next! :P

• I was cheering for Senegal watching the game on telemundo…very close game, but Turkey got that goal…close game though!

• Give it time. Senegal’s best player (striker El Hadji Diouf) is only 21 years old! He’s like the Kobe Bryant of the sport! Give it another 4 years and see how much more they can accomplish (especially considering how much fellow Africans are now getting into soccer)! :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m