What's some of your greatest A&A memories?

• Hmmm, probably my first game. My brother played axis, and he NEVER attacked with Germany (except with some naval units, but that’s it)…of course Russia massacred them, no real help needed from the other allies. Even when Russia would take a german territory, he wouldn’t counter-attack. It was fun at first for me, but got kinda boring.

• axis and allies…… was part of my youth. I discovered about two month ago, when i played A&A Europe the first time and the first time with a few ppl here around, actually a small group of friends of my flatmate. Well, they have played A&A Europe before once, and my flatmate remembered that i was a board game addict, so i asked to play with them. The first game (i played germany) the conflicht raged for about 5 hours from 10 pm to 3 am, with each turn the tide of war seemed to have turned around again! After a legendary battle, i admitted defeat, having the entire fait of the eastern front lost by a single leftover russian tank. … There i then remembered when we played the original A&A … i know they have a played it a lot. I’d just like to test my old A&A skills on other ppl, from another continent, who are my age and have have started playing the same time. … And recently, i was really surprised, when i saw that one of those i met here had an edition of the classic Diplomacy! as well… Before i leave here, i have to have played that with them, plus that game, which i just ordered. It’s not longer been supported, and my shop just put a hold on the last two copies. Once i have mine here in hand, i will give you the name of the game and the shop where to buy it. What i can tell you, is that this has been the absolute favorite game from age 17, then 19 and from then on on. But i can’t tell more, i can’t risk it gg … So, A&A Europe brought my memories of my A&A and it’s time back…sigh that were the days …

• Axis and Allies Rules by 5-year-old son

(Really old but fits the occasion)

1. Only one person can play.
    2. All of the ships go in the water.
    3. All of the tanks go on the land.
    4. All ships and tanks must sit helplessly while they are strafed and blown up by the little plastic airplanes.
    5. Exploding ships and tanks may be catapulted across the room to accompanying sound effects, if desired.
    6. Air attacks may dissolve into dramatic aerial dogfights without warning. Dogfights need not be confined to the gameboard, but may roam freely about the room or even other rooms.
    7. Repeat as often as desired.
      :cool:When the game is over, playing pieces must remain scattered on the floor for Dad to find later (preferably with his feet).

Much simpler than the original version. He seems to enjoy it…

• Cherokee

If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would make a statue of myself, lying on my back, grinning horribly, thumbing my nose at You Know Who. - Bokonon

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-06-09 13:58 ]

• haha that is funny……wait I think something similar to that happens when my friends and I have a disagreement about a rule and start losing interest…

• Yeah, I admit on several occasion I will buy bombers and battleships for no apparent reason but to have something to play with :smile:

• Moses - you and i are on the same wavelength with this “enjoyment of playing with the varied interesting pieces” thing.
    memories:
    playing in the sunroom by the pool between exams when i was 16.
    my friend wearing his green American army private’s helmet during the game.
    the sound effects said friend would make (driving the tanks, dive-bombing stukka’s, ships moving etc.)
    victory dances, shoutings, cheers, and throwing things angrily at boxes when realizing that attacking infantry only attack at a ONE
    post-game analysis over beer and steak at The Keg
    these are a few of my favorite things . . . .

• Victory dances and cheers are always a must! :smile:

But the best part is when games often have to spill over into days. I remember my first time playing with
    My cousins. It was way past our bedtime and the game still wasn’t over yet, so they had to leave until the following weekend to resume play. The best moments, was when my sister and I sat there for hours on end staring at the game board, visualizing what turns we would make and making sure the other wouldn’t try to sabotage the game board or rob the bank. Good times :wink:

• There was an old A&A buddy that used to always make this stupid sound when getting a good roll that was just like Dayle Gribble on King of the Hill when he goes “sh-shaaaahhh”.

It was so demoralizing.

• On 2002-06-09 12:07, TG Moses VI wrote:
    Axis and Allies Rules by 5-year-old son

(Really old but fits the occasion)

1. Only one person can play.
    2. All of the ships go in the water.
    3. All of the tanks go on the land.
    4. All ships and tanks must sit helplessly while they are strafed and blown up by the little plastic airplanes.
    5. Exploding ships and tanks may be catapulted across the room to accompanying sound effects, if desired.
    6. Air attacks may dissolve into dramatic aerial dogfights without warning. Dogfights need not be confined to the gameboard, but may roam freely about the room or even other rooms.
    7. Repeat as often as desired.
      :cool:When the game is over, playing pieces must remain scattered on the floor for Dad to find later (preferably with his feet).

Much simpler than the original version. He seems to enjoy it…

• Cherokee

If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would make a statue of myself, lying on my back, grinning horribly, thumbing my nose at You Know Who. - Bokonon

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-06-09 13:58 ]

I still play like that!
    Except for the Dad part.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Ghoul on 2002-06-14 15:40 ]

• Yeah, the all tanks go on land and all ships go on water come especially handy when you’re too drunk to play. :smile:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m