• What are your guys stance on drugs?

• Personally, I think they are a huge problem, but not entirely any one goverment’s fault. Teens in this country <u>want</u> drugs. It’s the Media’s fault, glorifying them. In my town, drugs are practically openly displayed.

Also, Cigarettes and Alchohol should be treated as Drugs. More death is caused by those two than all the other drugs put together.

• Drugs should not be banned. It’s a losing and very costly war. Remember Prohibition anyone? If people want something then they’ll go at any lengths to obtain it, with or without the say of the government.

• Here in Holland, drugs are openly available to anyone with $. You’re ‘supposed’ to be 18, but from what I’ve seen the sellers could care less.

• By the way, any of you seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? Heh heh I love it.

• If the government made legal and taxed “drugs” like they tax tobacco and alchohol, they’d make a serious amount of cash…

• you guys all agree with me!

IMO, taxing the drugged up morons will not only pay for the price of regulation, but help give the middle class a needed tax cut…unless they happen to be druggies!

• That’s not that worst of it! Over here in California, they’re starting to have a tax on Soda. Apparently, Soda is the leading problem of obesity, and all proceeds should go to after school anti-obesity programs. Yeah, right if anybody is ever going to attend one of those…

Chris, sorry, never saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (though I did see Leaving Las Vegas). What’s it about?

• It’s got no REAL plot…just about these 2 guys, lots of drugs, alcohol, trashing hotel rooms, and some other cool stuff. You’d have to see it for yourself!

• IF BIG TOBACCO WERE SMART THEY MOULD GET BEHIND LEGALIZING MARIJUANA. THEY’VE GOT THE FIELDS , THE PROCESSING CAPABILITY AND THE DISTRIBUITION NETWORK TO EASILY “RETOOL” FOR IT. OF COURSE THEN WE’D GET CRAPPY BUD WITH CHEMICALS BUT FOR MUCH BETTER PRICES.

• That is the thing about prohibiton, less people drank less alchohol. Same thing with the Drug War, you think that there is a lot of drug use now, think about what would happen if they were legal. In holland drug use went up. The real question is, is it worth the drug war to keep the consumption of drugs down.

Oh, it is the Middle Class which is big into drugs. It’s not surprising, they have the money. Rich white suburbs have higher drug usage rates than poor ghettos.

Also, do we want to condone drug use?

• I agree with you guys somewhat, but with one difference. Yeah, personally I think the war on Drugs is ineffective, and really isn’t our business. But, Drugs put innocent people in danger. People are going to cause accidents while high. Put a High Tax and an age limit like Alchohol on it, and maybe it would be justified, but make the penalties for misuse harse.

• The question is: What percentage of drugs do the authorities take out of circulation? Is that percentage worth the cost of the money put into stopping it? Anyone with statistics?

• Marijuana has been cultivated for 10,000 years and illegal since 1937.George Whashington and Thomas Jefforson grew it, the first two drafts of the Declaration of Independence were written on it,the first Levi’s were made from it, and it makes ya feel good consarn it! Oh and why is it illegal? By the mid 1920’s Bayer (yes as un aspirin ) had 200,000 in the U.S. hooked on a new product called guess what…. Heroin.Eneter William Randolph Hearst and the newly created FBN whose director was I sh*t you not Quoted saying that “Frankenstein would drop dead of fright” from the “monster marijuana”. Now I don’t know what He was smoking but it sho wasn’t weed man.The congress used taxation for fear that crimilization was unconstitutional (can you imagine a congress wary of the constitution, thatd be nice).Hearst was protecting his interests in the wood pulp industry as hemp pulp production was rapidly becoming much more profitable than wood (and sustainable). Enter the dupont company who also has interst in wood pulp additionaly this is the time dupont goes plastic, to which hemp is a competitor and a good one. When the Japanese took the Philippines (AA reference) hemp rope became scarce and the government campaigned ( I’m not kidding) “HEMP FOR VICTORY”. Oh this to most of the major players in and out of government were related through both business and marriage (yes I’m serious). Oh back to the war hemp shortage, the parachute that saved good old coke snortin’ George juniors Dad when Bush Sr. bailed out of his shot up plane (with Hemp oil lubricant) he was safely away in his 100% hemp parachute & rescued by a ship with hemp rope, rigging and fire hoses. Oh and did I mention, it makes you feel good man.

• “It’s got no REAL plot…just about these 2 guys, lots of drugs, alcohol, trashing hotel rooms, and some other cool stuff. You’d have to see it for yourself!”

Ha, kind of reminds me of the overall plot for Pulp Fiction. You have me sold! :smile: I’ll try to go to the local rental this week and see if they carry it.

Oh for anybody intrested about drugs, Pulp Fiction is a good movie too. Lots of profanity though.

• I heard the NM govenor and a doctor guy argue leagalization of Marijuana on the radio, they both had competing studies “proving” whether Marijuana use went up or down upon legalization. Anyone from Holland, did use go up when it was legalized?

• Y,
    You read my mind and stole my post. I’ll just suport your efforts here.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Dat’s a good boy. Oh, yeah! dat’s a very good boy. Here’s a doggy treat for you.” - Xi

• Whose Y?

• I heard hemp was very useful…thanks for the info.

i also heard that marijuan tastes good in beer (some sort of berry from it, and very little thc, you would die from alcohol poisoning be4 you get high.)

“That is the thing about prohibiton, less people drank less alchohol.”

No, alcohol use went up after falling drastically during world war 1.

"In holland drug use went up. The real question is, is it worth the drug war to keep the consumption of drugs down. "

I heard that in teenagers it is down. and anyway, is it not a freedom to kill your braincells? A friend of mine said it best…don’t condemn marijuana until you tried it. How would you know if you like it or not?

“Oh, it is the Middle Class which is big into drugs. It’s not surprising, they have the money. Rich white suburbs have higher drug usage rates than poor ghettos.”

I think statistically the lower classes smoke more…

“Also, do we want to condone drug use?”

no, but how about tatoos and cigarettes? Only scumbags have them, but hey, it is their freedom.

• Y is the Yanmaster, the y-man, Super Y, Obi Y Kennobi, Dark Y Duck, Yanny the manny, His Royal Y-ness, the Y-ster, the One and Only Yanny!
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, ye of little faith!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m