Need flawless strategies for Allies

• its jsut funny how is topic turn to “need of strategy” to a WWII history talk! LOL. Strange!

• it hapends alot around here

• YOU ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG (BOTH OF YOU) THE GERMANS INITIAL USE OF COMBINED ARMS TO THE DETRIMENT OF EUROPES ARMIES WAS TRUMPTED BY THE U.S.'S MUCH MORE EFFICIENT USE OF THE SAME TACTIC (IT’S WHY WE STILL RULE THE WORLD IN LARGE PART.). ADDITIONALLY THE U.S. ARMY GAVE MUCH MORE BATTLEFIELD DISCRETION TO THEIR SERGEANTS ALLOWING A MORE FLUID APPROACH TO COMBAT. THE GERMAN TACTICS MAY HAVE BEEN NEW BUT THEIR COMMAND STRUCTURE WAS THE SAME AS THE REST OF EUROPE ; ANTIQUATED AND OFFICER HEAVY. YOU COULDN’T SCRATCH YOUR ASS WITHOUT AN ORDER.

• " YOU ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG (BOTH OF YOU)"

Ummm… what exactly are you talking about. Last time I heard, we were talking more on the Japanese and Pearl Harbor than “combined arms” with Germany and the rest of Europe.

• Must be da Evil Weed havin’an effect upon 'im.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Nyuk, nyuk!” - Xi

• World War 2 in the Pacific began in 1932 when Japan in vaded Manchuria. Japan would have defeated china in the war if hte U.S. had not entered it. China was still in its “middle ages” and was divided into the Reoublic and the Maoist communists. Japan was just leaving its feudal stage and was very well equipped with modern weapons to take on China, unlike the Chinese.

• Wasn’t it 1931?
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nyuk, nyuk! - Name that actor/actress.

• On 2002-05-29 16:11, harry wrote:
    I look for strategies but they fail or really really suk!! HELP ME!!!(also US if any one has one) I need to beat my uncle.

[ This Message was edited by: harry on 2002-05-29 16:12 ]

You’re objective is to take normandy.You need to have naval superiority to overcome Germany’s air force. After that, its just a matter of time before u have more units on land than the Germans do.

• “Wasn’t it 1931?”

You are right. Japan started firing on Manchuria in Sept. 1931. However, the war really didn’t begin in earnest until the China incident of 1937. Also, I disprove the notion that China would be conquered by Japan if US would’ve entered the war. You have to remember, that even by Dec. 1941, China still wasn’t conquered yet. Also, the Republic and the Maoist joined forces in 1937 against the common enemy, Japan. Though China was still very 3rd world, it did receive valuable war shipments from USA. China’s estimated 400 million people seemed to offer the Allies a great military asset in terms of inexhaustible manpower.

• Japan had conquered Indo-China though in the mean time so that’s why they didnt conquer the rest of China during that time.

• @TG:

“Wasn’t it 1931?”

You are right. Japan started firing on Manchuria in Sept. 1931. However, the war really didn’t begin in earnest until the China incident of 1937.

I concur.
    –------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i like China, but Corelle is cheaper. :P - Xi

• Darn! We have to stop agreeing! 8)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m