Transport rules calrification

• Can a unit move before it is loaded onto a transport? Like moving an INF or an ARM up to Canada and on the same turn picking it up and dropping it in Europe?

• For a ARM yes, inf no. Remember the movement of Inf is only 1.

• Can an ARM move 2 spaces before loading on a transport, or does the move onto a boat count as a space?

• I think moving into the transport counts as moving a space.

• Sorry guys, but the rule book is very clear on this issue. In the section describing how tanks move and fight, the following is written:

“A t Sea– 1 tank can board 1 trans-port ship and be transported as many as 2 sea zones to attack an enemy-occupied coastal land territory or island for an amphibious assault. In this kind of attack, boarding and landing of tanks is all part of the legal move. Just as in transporting in-fantry, it would be illegal for tanks to move 1 land territory, before or after boarding and landing (even though tanks can normally move on land 2 adjacent territories, the boarding and landing counts as a tank’s full move!).”

Thus, a unit must be adjacent to the sea zone at the beginning of the turn. It is illegal to move a unit and then board a transport. Same rule applies in non-combat. Hope this clears things up.

Wild2000

• Yeah, it does. Thanks.

• Ha this is intresting. The computer lets me do otherwise. Oh well, must be some sort of glitch

• This is the main reason I am against people first learning how to play on the CD. If you do not learn the correct rules first, the CD bugs and rule violations cause conflict in how the game was to be played.

I would strongly encourage anyone who has only played the CD version to get a copy of the rule book. I know that AAMC has an online copy, but their website is currently down. I have a copy I can e-mail anyone interested.

Wild2000

• Not necessary, Wild. The 2nd ed. rule book is posted on this website in the rules section. And for all you lazy bums, http://www.axisandallies.org/download/AxisandAllies.pdf -You’re going to need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to see it. And I agree with Wild - You should read all the rules before you play, and also TALK about them before you play in a group. There are a lot of little rule tweaks that people use, sometimes they don’t even know it’s different than the rulebook.

• yo corporal punishment, any idiot would know that a nuke would take care of that pussy tank and transport you have

• Okay…

Anyways, take heed to Corporal Punishment’s words. When I play (casually that is) I use all sorts of variations and different rule subsets. It makes the game more exciting and different each time. The only problem is to make sure that other players also know what rules you’re playing with. That why you skip any unnecessary hassle that might arise.

• :D My question is how people handle transporting in straits within a sea zone (Japan-Manchuria, UK-Western Europe). I’ve always considered it 1/2 zone each way so I can carry double the amount. How does everyone else consider this?

• I think you can only unload once.

• once a transport unloads it’s move is over.

• @TG:

Okay…

Anyways, take heed to Corporal Punishment’s words. When I play (casually that is) I use all sorts of variations and different rule subsets. It makes the game more exciting and different each time. The only problem is to make sure that other players also know what rules you’re playing with. That why you skip any unnecessary hassle that might arise.

Also make sure they know these at THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME!!!
    gotta’ love the "oh yeah, you can’t do that . . . we created a variant to the rules whereby . . . ", or “of course i can do this . . . we decided on this in the middle of last game . . . oh, you missed it? sorry, but your bomber dies anyway”.
    hate those. :evil:

• Hahaha, those are the best.

But I perfer the “Asterisk Gambit”

Here’s how you do it:
    Materials: A&A rulebook, scissors, glue, strip of asterisks.

1. A day before the game, photocopy the following sentence (asterisk included) and paste it on the last page of te rulebook:

• = This rule is no longer valid. Any player attempting to use an invalid rule like this automatically forfeits the game.

2. Before the game begins, put the prepared rulebook in the bathroom, along with the glue, the scissors, and a strip of asterisks. If you’re short on asterisks, you may use these **********

3. Midway through the game, excuse yourself to go to the bathroom

4. In the bathroom, clip out and glue asterisks to all sections of the rulebook your opponent has been effectively exploiting

5. Return to your opponent, hand him the rulebook, then show him the door :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m