• Keep building :smile: I go heavy on fighters with Germany. Also I play an Aggressive Japan, Yakut will be gone by that 4th Turn.

• With aggressive Japan, I’m sure Yakut will fall in less then 4 turns. The main problem with Germany is that if they build nothing but fighters, they can’t replace causalities lost of the Eastern Front. Eventually this break in manpower will halt the German offensive and the Russians will muster enough strength to counterattack. Of course with Japan in the fry, you’re playing a game of cat or mouse. Will the Germans be able to hold off USA and UK reinforcements long enough for the Japanese to strike a knockout blow on Russia? Only the dice will surely tell.

• I never said nothing but fighters. I don’t build tanks as Germany, just Fighters and Infantry.

• Interesting, I don’t know if Germany can afford to lose 4 INF to gain one fighter, but I guess every game is different. Yanny, as Germany can you build fighters fast enough to keep up with losing them in naval raids? If the UK has that carrier w/2 fighters on it then I don’t see how it’s possible.

• That’s the man problem. Germany cannot afford to build fighters quick enough. With UK, I can build a carrier. With USA, I build two fighters. Then with USSR I land two ftrs on the carrier. It’ll take 4 German fighters in order to take a carrier w/ 2 ftrs. That’s a 42 IPC loss for the Allies compared with a 36 IPC loss for the Germans. Which side can dearly afford this loss more?

If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would make a statue of myself, lying on my back, grinning horribly, thumbing my nose at You Know Who. - Bokonon

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-06-03 17:26 ]

• I play Germany in a similar fashion, although I am more conservative and defensive than Yanny. My sole objective with Germany is to survive until Russia falls, so I buy nothing but infantry and fighters. I try to buy 3 fighters in the first five turns with Germany, using the rest on Infantry. If you don’t lose a fighter on turn one (I always take the bomber as a loss first), you will have 8 fighters - I usually have 2 in WE, 1-2 in Germany, 3-4 in EE, and 1 in Africa.

It’s true that 1 fighter isn’t as good as 4 infantry defensively, but the flexibility of moving them from EE to WE or Africa and back as needed is huge, and you put additional pressure on the Allied fleet while still defending, which slows them down a little.

Instead of suiciding the fleet early, I time it with Japan’s push towards Russia - hit the Allied fleet the turn before Japan moves into Novo, which is usually J5 - more often I don’t hit the fleet at all.

**“Everybody’s got a plan - until they get hit.”

• “Iron” Mike Tyson**

[ This Message was edited by: Ansbach on 2002-06-06 15:17 ]

• On 2002-06-03 16:32, Yanny wrote:
    I never said nothing but fighters. I don’t build tanks as Germany, just Fighters and Infantry.

Y, I coulda sworn I read a Ypost statin’ you biult on a ratio of 1ARM:6INF. It coulda bin somebody else or maybe you was talkin’'bout attacking as anybody else(R,GB,US,or J).

Do you try to build 1 FTR per turn as Germany or just guesstimate your losses ahead of time?
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Wassup wif dat?” - Xi

• Oh man, I don’t think someone like Mike Tyson could come up with a good quote :smile:

Anyways, I also try to maintain a constant Luftwaffe airforce of 5 to put pressure on the Allied Fleets. And the good part is that they can be used to counterattack Africa. But beyond that it’s mostly infantry for me. I like ARM. No hits from AA guns. Grrrr….

• Yeah, I really wanted to use “I want to eat your children” but it just doesn’t quite fit A&A…

• “I want to eat your children” - Now that’s the Mike Tyson I know and hate! :smile:

Of course I like this one by heavyweight boxer Tony Galento

“I’ll moider da bum.”

• Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m