• @c64:

I used the zones indicated on the gameboard. Nothing special here. And I still use the rule that the airborne units can’t destroy blockhouses ( see Card #1).

Offtopic : What about your AAPacific games. Was Japan overwhelming ?

Oh, you have remembered it :-) We tried few days ago including additional setup from FAQ and 24VPs for Japan. The situation is more balanced now, but I think Japan is still little bit stronger. Certainly, the Japan player didn`t share the same opinion. :-D. He pointed out that we had 75 million of IPC for America  :|. We are going to try to play several  games more with that rules you told me last time.

• @c64:

I used the zones indicated on the gameboard. Nothing special here. And I still use the rule that the airborne units can’t destroy blockhouses ( see Card #1).

Offtopic : What about your AAPacific games. Was Japan overwhelming ?

And after airborn predawn attack in your additional rule, these units continue with attack 2 or they act as regular infantry?

• They keep their attack on 2 so that they are like an artillery piece.

• When i play D-day, the Allies ALWAYS win. i play with the normal rules.

• That seems strange to me. What are your games like ? What are the Allies and Germany doing ?

• '10

D-Day is one of my favorite “Theater” AAA Games.  But I really don’t like the Victory Conditions.  Both sides are depleted by turn 10 and Germany wins if they hold ONE CITY?

Most games end with Germany holding St Lo but not in strength.  We usually give the Victory to whom ever has a TACTICAL Victory, regardless of Cities.  This is decided amongst the two players after turn 10.

• Field    the game I just played had a bunch of troops on both sides of ST. Lo just got together to late. The Allies had alot more troops on board than German’s. So the allies win then. I wonder if both sides gets 3 die rolls for troops and that way if they go to 2 die still get something, but if you roll 16, 17, 18 for 3 rolls and other side rolls 1, 2, 3 ,game over, unless you put a restriction on low dice like nothing below say 8 at anytime but 3 dice to get more troops into game faster because otherwise turns are not long enough when you roll bad dice for troops and movement for them to ingage. Try to play with supplys and gas supply somehow.

• @c64:

That seems strange to me. What are your games like ? What are the Allies and Germany doing ?

I got a axis win yesterday

• Playing game now. turn 5 comin up. trying a few changes to game. Get 4 dice on reinforcements and territories can have up to ten pieces and beach heads each can have 2 extra pieces. So far things about same but  big battles coming up with alot more pieces on both sides. US finally has troops gettin to St Lo early. will see if its to strong for US.

• The thing that always annoyed me when playing D-Day was that city of St. Lo. It’s just one space apart from the german reinforcement lines and all the germans need to do is to get some connected lines to that city with a lot of artillery in it. Then you can fight for St. Lo endlessly and even 1 small infantry that’s left in round 9 is enough to defeat the Allies.

• @vokac:

What are your impressions? From total number of games you have played so far, who wins more frequently Germany or Allies? Is it the German side stronger? According to your expiriance, is it necessary to raise the number of turns from 10 to 12?

The game seems pretty balanced to me. Germany wins more frequently, but in my opinion that is because the allied player does not start to play agressive. Still most times when Germany has a victory it is just left with a few (or even 1) infantry units being surrounded by the allies in T10. I haven’t played as allies very much yet, but I think I will in advance because its more of a challenge.

• '10

Our little group has played four games of D-Day so far and the axis won the first three by holding St. Lo. the fourth game was a narrow allied victory only because we added two more rounds to the game. At the end of ten rounds the axis still held St. Lo as usual. It took the two extra rounds for the allies to get it. We are now looking for ways to vary the game so that it does not play out the same every time. One idea I like is to increase the attack value of the allied airborne units to two. I am even thinking of having the two sides place their own units where they will for the starting setup. I would like to vary the unit types as well. We now have added many new types of units since this game was printed. This might require setting up a D-12 system.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m